Home

Favorite Droid?

Bokishi

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by primalunderdog

who is that???

I went into the Unofficial Encyclopedia on theforce.net for a better answer, so here is an exerpt:

Whistler

Corran Horn's codename for his R2-D2 astromech droid. Whistler had a near-human personality, and made itself understood by modifying its language of sounds to mimic human mannerisms... ...Not your average astromech, Whistler was programmed by the Corellian Security Force for a number of aptitudes, including creativity, surveillance, lock-picking and forceful entry, and a certain amount of deductive reasoning. Corran also added escape and evasion subroutines...(XWN, IR)

I like any astro droid, R2 because he's the only one with any screen time.

HK-47 was a cool character, but I always felt he was pretty limited in KOTOR because there weren't any really good guns for him to use, and he wasn't allowed to use melee weaps.

Supposition: HK-50 will be much more powerful than HK-47.

Originally posted by Darth Alec

IG-88 grills all, imean how often do you find a bounty hunter robot with a pulse cannon,flame thrower and plans to kill Boba Fett AND take over the galaksy, he was even a part of the Death Star. Beat that.

Ig 88 is pretty bad ass....but fett does fry him in the end IIRC :p

Someone mentioned whistler, now THAT is one cool droid. I cant remember what book it's in(perhaps I, Jedi), but theres a chapter or so that were *excellent* that focussed almost entirely on Whistler.... :D

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Someone mentioned whistler, now THAT is one cool droid. I cant remember what book it's in(perhaps I, Jedi), but theres a chapter or so that were *excellent* that focussed almost entirely on Whistler.... :D

If you are talking about the part where Whistler helps Gate to make some kind of escape (where from I don't remember), I think that it was Bacta War, but I could easily be mistaken.

Edit: Looking at the Unofficial Encyclopedia, it looks more likely that it was in Isard's Revenge.

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

If you are talking about the part where Whistler helps Gate to make some kind of escape (where from I don't remember), I think that it was Bacta War, but I could easily be mistaken.

Edit: Looking at the Unofficial Encyclopedia, it looks more likely that it was in Isard's Revenge.

yeah, the XW series was just damn great. very 'Star Warsy" IMO... :D and Isard was a freakin babe :p

isard01.jpg

mtfbwya

Originally posted by primalunderdog

IG was okay and was 3 seconds away from taking over the world.

what world....you mean galaxy.. ???? yeah, I dont rememeber that story from 'tales of teh bounty hunters' too well.. :(

I hear that I-5, the droid from the medstar series is pretty cool :D

im looking forward to reading that, eventually !

mtfbwya

Nah, Artoo is more of a Han/Lando/Boba character. A really powerful non-force-user. The one most likely to become a Droid Jedi Master is 4-LOM.

Artoo always has good luck, has abiltiy to slove difficulty in a short time so I think that ability is Force.

I think Artoo is a servant of Skywalkers'(both father and son) , a servant of knight. A servant of knight may become a knight someday, isn't it?

I had only seen the 5 movies of Starwars , nothing else.Would you please tell me who is 4-Lom?

4-LOM is one of the bounty hunters that Vader hires to track down the Falcon. He is partners with Zuckuss (another one of the bounty hunters that Vader hires) who is a Gand that finds people using meditation (the force IMO, but thats debateable). Eventually, 4-LOM also learns to use meditation, and has a vision of himself training to become a Jedi.

4-LOM:

4-lom.jpg

(each link is different, btw)

I think he is referring to the fact that IG-88 copied his programming and uploaded it into the Death Star II, so he would be able to control it at any time (in a sense). I guess he was gonna make his move three seconds after it blew. :D

NO!What happened was he and his 3 counter parts captured a driod manufactering plant and sold driods to everyone.He put an activation code where they would kill all humans.Once he sold driods to every major business and put him self into the death star.He was activating the go code when they blew him up.

Archived