Home

My Principal is being a Hardass

The Cheat

ok here is what we want to do

for my national honor society we want to have a fundraiser called "Kidnap a Teacher"

what we do:

raise money for one week where students give money and tell us the teacher they want kidnapped and during what period they want them kidnapped. after the money has been counted and a winner has been decided we contact the teacher and tell them we will kidnap and on what day it will happen to make sure it will not conflict (too much) with their plans. we come in with 30 min left in the class (they are 90 min classes) with a wheelchair, take the teacher out, bring a substitute teacher in, give the kids donuts and juice, and let them watch a school appropriate video.

what the money goes to:

our Earth Day project - we are going to be setting up a play for the elementary school kids in the spring which we want to be real good and a big success which means it needs money

beautification - we want out school to look nice, our two beautification committee needs money to buy products (like flowers and stuff) for when they work on the school to make it more appealing

how can i convince him to approve the fundraiser? my advisor loves the idea and wants me to get him to change his mind (too bad i cant use the old jedi mind trick)

Or just ask the moderators and admins to delete this thread. Then, create another one, with a title that you'd like to show your principal. Have people respond to that, show him the thread, and it should work. Tell him you are being sincere. And most of all, don't prepaer to talk to him. Make up your "speech" when you are talking to him, so it looks more realistic, and that he might be convinced that you mean it...have him know that you'll tell the teacher(s), and the school staff.

:fett:

I like the idea. I think it would work. Problem is that for every period, everyday that you do this, chaos will rule the school (ba da chi). Besides, who do you have that will be subs for those times.

Suggestions:

1. Make certain days for each grade level ie. Oct. 4, Senior level teachers.

2. Make the price higher so that a group of students have to come up with the money.

I think it needs some tweaking but it could work. Good luck!

Originally posted by Majin Revan

Or just ask the moderators and admins to delete this thread. Then, create another one, with a title that you'd like to show your principal.

You know we can change the titles of threads :dozey:

I dont see why your principal isn't going to accept this...I mean wow. 30 minutes of one class OMG OMG OMG :rolleyes:

High school is stupid ;)

Originally posted by manoman81

I like the idea. I think it would work. Problem is that for every period, everyday that you do this, chaos will rule the school (ba da chi). Besides, who do you have that will be subs for those times.

Suggestions:

1. Make certain days for each grade level ie. Oct. 4, Senior level teachers.

2. Make the price higher so that a group of students have to come up with the money.

I think it needs some tweaking but it could work. Good luck!

its just a one time thing and only one class would win so there wouldnt be chaos

As an adult, and a former Honor Society person myself, I think it is a great idea. What you need is significant teacher support. Admin support - either guidance counselors or VP or something couldn't hurt either.

Map it out on paper, showing the pros and cons (*every* idea has potential troubles, make sure you take them into account.

What you need to do is show him:

- The rewards]

- The strategy

- The risks

- how you will deal with risks

- How it will be a model to other students to do better and aspire to be on the honor society (or at least get better grades).

Mike

Archived