Home

The Drug Debate

JofaGuht

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there's this a-hole that goes to my school that uses acid and does coke and stuff. and he was playing frogger, jumping between lanes on a really busy street by my house, and he got hit by a car. but he wasn't injured or something, b/c i saw him in school today, and he was rolling around the floor in my speech class laughing and acting like he was mentally retarded. and he's not even in my speech class. my speech class being how to give speeches, not how to talk.

anyway...yeah. that's why i don't do drugs. i don't feel like ending up like that.

alchohol and marijuana arent that bad (to an extent)

almost all of my friends smoke and drink (i dont) and they are fine

its just when you start doing some hareder stuff (which some of my friends do) is when i gets bad

i can look at my friends and tell who just smokes and drinks and who does harder drugs because the smokers and drinkers look normal, the harder users dont

Originally posted by toenail1

alchohol and marijuana arent that bad (to an extent)

Yeah, but it's that extent which is the problem, both have the potentiality for addiction. I drink, but I don't do drugs and I drink in moderation (moderation for a student anyway). What it really comes down to is the monkey, if I only have enough for a pepsi, I'm not gonna go sell my spleen for booze money, I'll have the pepsi, or better yet, go home (although there's very little chance of that happening when I have a £200 overdraft and a £500 limit on my credit card, but considering I just quit my job, I'll have to go easy for a while and start thinking about christmas where at some point, a large sum of money should come my way from my parents)

I Like To Drink. But not to get drunk. I drink because I like the taste of Ales and Beers, I don't drink spirits because I don't like the taste.

Being Drunk is just an interesting effect, which if it happens, happens, but I don't go out with the idea of getting wrecked... when I get home from school, it's nice to grab a beer and chill for a while, if I want it.

Don't get me wrong I don't drink everyday, but for example, I had a beer with my meal tonight. I had that because I was thirsty, and I like Beer more than cola or anything like that (Infact, I now only drink Water, Tea and Beer if I can help it).

Anyway, that's alcohol....

I am for the legalization of Cannabis, as it is fun in small quantities every so often, but every other drug (LSD, Ecstacy, Poppers, Crack etc) is a no no for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Some people also just don't do background research. I personally think (contrary to Fender) that you can't put LSD in the same catagory as crack because...well it's not that bad for you and it's also not addictive. But people still get too ****ed up on acid sometimes. That's because they do absolutely NO research before jumping into a drug like that, and that's bad. I think psychadelics should be legal, but you should need to have like a psychadelics "liscence" you get after taking a few classes.

And remember what happened when the Europeans brought alcohol to the Native Americans? Actually, this is a fun point: Native Americans did peyote and stuff like that (it was considered to be divine), used for religious purposes and it didn't hurt any of them. Then the Europeans bring them alcohol and it ruins their civilisation. Just think about that for a while.

I'm pretty sure if I go clubbing and get hammereds, I'm not gonna destroy a civilisation (may kill myself, but that's another story). I've never forced anyone to drink and I myself am capable of haveing a good time without alcohol, it's just that I like the taste and it makes me loosen up a bit.

Originally posted by JofaGuht

Some people also just don't do background research. I personally think (contrary to Fender) that you can't put LSD in the same catagory as crack because...well it's not that bad for you and it's also not addictive. But people still get too ****ed up on acid sometimes. That's because they do absolutely NO research before jumping into a drug like that, and that's bad. I think psychadelics should be legal, but you should need to have like a psychadelics "liscence" you get after taking a few classes.

And remember what happened when the Europeans brought alcohol to the Native Americans? Actually, this is a fun point: Native Americans did peyote and stuff like that (it was considered to be divine), used for religious purposes and it didn't hurt any of them. Then the Europeans bring them alcohol and it ruins their civilisation. Just think about that for a while.

I don't put Crack and LSD in the same category because I think they are both as harmful... I know that LSD is not very addictive, and while Crack is amazingly addictive, and that Crack is also alot more toxic. I simply put them in the same category as eachother because I think they are both beyond my limits. Mind you, I've still got university to come, so I might have changed my mind by then.

And btw, what is Peyote?

Originally posted by The Bard

YO, lucas tones. KING CRIMSON ROCKS!!!(together with JEthro Tull, vandergraff generator, radio head, ledd zeppelin frank zappa who ALL ARE MOTHER ****IN PUSHERS) lol, hehehe;) ;):D:):p:cool:

Fuckin' A, Van Der Graaf Generator man! I didn't think anyone else remembered them. I once listened to "A Plague of Lighthousekeepers" while under the influence of stuff and it pretty much changed my outlook on music. Everyone tries to rush it... you've just got to give it it time, and it works out for the best.

And Tull are awesome, the lyrics are so fantastic, it puts modern stuff to shame. King Crimson are easily one of my favourite bands of all time, and Zeppelin too. The Doors are also fucking awesome, and I'm just getting into the whole Iron Butterfly / Jefferson Airplane / Grateful Dead acid-rock thing.

*sigh*

Originally posted by Joshi

Wow, it's been a while since I've heard that kind of joke. Congratulations, you're late!

no, ive been saying it for... well as long as i can remember but i dont remember how long that is anymore

but on subject: people that are drunk or high are funny... like when my high friend told me he loved school :eek:

If that was a futurama joke [...]

...yeah, i was refering to futurama...

[...], it's just stupid.

It would be "...no, uranus will be renamed to "urrectum" in the near future... "

...bah, whatever...

I believe the exchange went something like...

"I was gonna invent a smelloscope but then remember I did it a couple years ago"

"Really, well... do you mind if I smell Uranus?"

"Actually we renamed it years ago to prevent jokes like that"

"Really what's it called now?"

"Urrectum"

I liked that episode.

Archived