*hugs alien and ray*

*licks alien*

*licks ray*

*hugs them some more*

°__________________________°

*unk*

[gap]

[/gap]

it's unbelievable .. mr. spock was right ..

apropos..

i'd like to place this ad alien .. ..

adray.jpg

Originally posted by RayJones

°__________________________°

*unk*

[gap]

[/gap]

it's unbelievable .. mr. spock was right ..

apropos..

i'd like to place this ad alien .. ..

adray.jpg

*huggles ray*

*licks ray*

*huggles ray*

*glomps ray*

*huggles ray*

Originally posted by DrMcCoy

*licks ray*

*sniff*

eeewwwwww.. what was it that you had for lunch?

actually, have you had any lunch?

breakfast?

anything to eat the last 10 hours?

today?

yesterday?

*runs to the bathroom and washes face*

*washes face again*

*again, again, again, watches fealiks walking by and kicks him, washes face again*

*sniiiiiiiff*

*v*

*o*

*m*

*i*

*t*

*s*

/asterisk key broken

ps: let's kill the froum wrapper.

pps: hey i am mentioned in aliens sig.

ppps: aaah, what the..

/GROUP HUGSLICKS ALIEN AND MCCOY

/had nothing for lunch

Originally posted by Alien426

They can be animated and I definitely prefer lots of colors. Blinking text: also a plus.

crap. i for got some of the gimmicks. i'll add them up later..

until then..

err... *blink* doc ..

*looks at pink pills box*

-empty-

*scratches head*

*shrugs*

*ducttapeseals merectuum*

Originally posted by RayJones

*ducttapeseals merectuum*

drmccoy@Tchibo:~$ nmap rayjones.lucasforums.com
Starting nmap 3.75 ( [url]http://www.insecure.org/nmap/[/url] ) at 2004-12-06 16:54 CET
Interesting ports on rayjones.lucasforums.com (231.121.12.1):
(The 1651 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
PORT     STATE    SERVICE
41/tcp   open     teh left hand
42/tcp   open     teh right hand
69/tcp   open     teh mouth
455/tcp  filtered teh rear

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.299 seconds
drmccoy@Tchibo:~$ 

On Wednesday my school brought a canine unit through the parking lots. At the time I was "ah, no big deal, administraters are just being ridiculous as always," but later that day when I saw a people pulled out of their classes, I realized this PISSES ME OFF TO A GREAT EXTENT.

Today was a basketball shoot-out so there was barely anybody there. I got a chance to debate this issue with my teachers. My geometry teacher Mr. Smith brought up a few good points that got me thinking, but right now I've realized more good points on my side I should have said back. My english teacher Ms. I.F. didn't have much to say other than something really funny. I was talking about abuse of power, and she said something like, "ABUSE? You want to talk about ABUSE? Let's talk about DRUG ABUSE.....in CLASS!!!" But that got me thinking that parents and speakers may be using some sensationalism at their conferences. I'm a student, thus I experience the environment of the school more than the teachers do, and I can say that drug abuse there is not affecting my surroundings. And even if it is, it's not nearly as hurtful as the administraters' actions.

What do you guys think?

There's just this association with drugs as being inherantly bad which annoys me. I mean, there's a big difference between taking drugs and abusing drugs. Morphine isn't an illegal drug, but it is a prescription drug - but you can easily abuse it. Similarly with stuff like Valium, if you take it for reasons other than for treating the illness you have or whatever, you still get the effects of the drug. Personally, I think you can use illegal drugs for the reason they were designed and have fun, without abusing them. The only reason most of those drugs are illegal as it is is because they don't offer any specific justifiable medical advantages. The overriding presumption, however, is that they're illegal because they'll kill you - it's not true. I mean, you can die from them, of course you can, but you can die from Aspirin too.

Excellent point. I was thinking about this earlier....

Drugs are not necessarily dangerous but can be very dangerous and are illegal. Guns are are not necessarily dangerous but can be very dangerous and are legal (in the States). A lot of the reasons drugs became illegal, if you search through the history of them, are rarely because "they're bad for you". In fact, The reason opium became illegal is because the British Empire lost control of its cultivation and distribution.

That's interesting. I think the reason that LSD was criminalised is because some high-up person in politics daughter killed herself by jumping out of a window, and he wanted to blame a drug instead of having it appear like he had a dysfunctional family. It was certainly an important factor anyway.

Magic Mushrooms have an interesting situation though. It's not illegal to pick them, or grow them, or possess them (at least in the UK, and I think the US too) but if you prepare them (ie, dry them out) it "becomes" an illegal class-A drug. The result of this situation is that you can buy mushrooms online, which is kinda cool.

I think it's similar for marijuana, cos I'm pretty sure you can buy cannabis seeds too.

Read the first paragraph again. Canine units search for drugs, in this case in people's cars. The basketball shoot-out thing was just a context on why there was only like four people in class so I could talk to my teachers about it. Forget the whole basketball fact.

• 1 month later...

First of all, I'm really sorry to bump this. I just came up with something to add.

The other day I was in Driver's Ed and one of the questions was "Why are teens more likely to use drugs & alcohol, and participate in reckles behavior" and the answer was "peer pressure". This is used in a lot of drug propaganda, and I have to so I personally disagree.

I know very few people my age affected by peer pressure. And those who are, it's not about drugs but about something social like a certain behavior. My only idea on why teens do drugs more is because that's more likely an age to want to expirament with things more. Most adults have already done that stuff so they don't feel need to. I was wondering if anyone felt the same way or had any stories of peer pressure.

That's a good point actually. I think when you're younger (from the start of school through to about 15 or so) peer pressure is more of an issue, but by the same token, at this age drugs aren't a consideration for most people. After this, at least in my experience, you want to do your own thing more than be part of a crowd you're not happy with. When I was at uni there were people who did some soft drugs, some people who had done lots of heavier drugs, and some people who didn't have any interest in anything other than alcohol. We all got on like a house on fire, and there was no "pressure" for the non-drug people to experiment or anything.

What you said sounds about right to me - teenagers are more likely to take drugs because they've never tried them before, and if they ever want to there's no time like the present. No-one wants to go to uni or whatever, graduate, get a job, get married and buy a house, then have kids before they think about experimenting - it's too irresponsable.

If you put drugs into two (broad) categories of "recreational" and "non recreational" the former is what will appeal to most teenagers, as they can indulge in them at parties and clubs etc. So if this means taking a few E's when you're young and still into the club scene, fair enough. When you're older and settled down, you don't go to clubs as often and don't need the cheap euphoria and energy. It's not a case of "I'll stop taking drugs", it's more like "well, that's that part of my life over with."

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong.

Archived