Home

screen lock

bluefalcon

I have an Dell 8500 with a 64MB GeoForce4 4200 Go card. I meet all of the requirements to run the game but it locks up! I called the helpline and they told me the problem was I was playing on a laptop and Battlefront is for a desktop.. What a lame excuse! anyone else have any problems or fixes?

derek

Does sound like hardware. Are the lockups random? In the middle of playing? Laptop system could be overheating. Try propping it up to give it more airflow, perhaps.

Do other games lock up? Can you run through 3dMark03 or any other-full stress benchmarks/diagnostics?

May need to reinstall/update drivers. Simple answer but sometimes an unclean driver install can have residual and random effects.

I usually get about 2 minutes into the game and my system locks up. This is the first game that has ever done this. I play call of duty and medal of honor with no problems at all. I have updated all of my drivers and still no luck.. I think it is just that my video card is not compatible or like you said, it is overheating..

derek

Archived