Home

Star Wars: Battlefront FAQ

Stryker412

We seem to have alot of the same questions here so I thought I'd make an FAQ. If you know of anymore frequently asked questions post them, and I'll add.

Gameplay

Q: How do you make the droideka roll?

A: To make the droideka roll push your enter vehicle key.

Q: How do you use the jetpack?

A: Press the jump key then in mid air press the jump key again to activate the jet pack. To deactivate simply press the jump key again while in the air. To move around while using the jet pack, simply use your mouse.

Q: How do I call in an orbital airstrike?

A: You must play as the sniper class. In order to call in a strike you must call out your recon droid. To do this press your secondary weapon switch key. Then press your alt-fire key, and your view will change to the recon droid. The droid moves just as a player would. Move the droid to the designated area and press alternate fire.

Q: Is this game online only?

A: No, there are two different off-line single player modes as well as multiplayer.

Multiplayer

Q: Can you play against other players on other platforms?

A: No there is no cross-platform play available.

Technical

Q: Why are my graphics blurry?

A: They are not. The developers intended this look. It is similar to what is called "soft lighting" in feature films. (ex. Sky Captain)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if this is FA or not, but how do you vote? I called a vote on a rampant TKer the other day, but everyone just asked how to vote. To call the vote you bring up the player list (Tab by default), select a player and then 'vote to kick' at the bottom. Is it the same for voting, too? if so, what a pain.

-FoghornLeghorn

"Lasers can damage AT-AT walkers!"

Gamma, it'd be ridiculous if tow cables were the only thing that could damage AT-AT walkers. You'd have to put T-47 speeders on every goddamned map with AT-AT walkers with in them like in Rogue Squadron II and III. In case you haven't played that game, let me tell you it's absurd (although fun).

"That's ridiculous, I fly alone!"

Too freakin' bad, my heart bleeds for you:rolleyes: . SWBF is about team play. If you can't handle that, it really isn't the game for you.

Thank you for the FAQ, anyway. I was wondering about a few of those things.

Q: Where has the voice chat gone?

A: There is currently no voice chat for PC. They are working on this, purportedly.

Q: What is the use of the fusion cutter?

A: You can be outside a vehicle and repair it using alt-fire. The pilot will also slowly regenerate the life of the vehicle when inside it.

Q: Is there a patch on the way? What is it going to fix?

A: Yes. Definitely. And we can expect further patches after that as well. There is already one out for PS2. A patch for XBox and PC is coming and addresses control issues with the server browser.

Q: Where are the admin controls? Kick, ban, etc?

A: They are working on this and will have a fix soon. No exact news though. Rest assured they will exist at some point.

Q: I have been logged onto Gamespy for every game and have more kills than these goobers on the leader board! Where am I?

A: The leaderboard is buggy at the moment. Lots of people aren't showing up. Many of us have been playing for a week now and have many more kills too. It's supposed to update every 30 minutes but almost no one can find their name. It's buggered.

It says above that there is no cross platform play. When I log in (PS2) there are games listed called "PC Dedicated". Does that mean it is for PC Players or is the game just hosted on a PC server?

Are all the games that show up in that list PS2 games?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Yay an faq thread! Yay i have useless questions before i get the game!

1. What uses do the destroyers droids have? From what I'm gathering they are only good for braking through grouped attacks because they have good firepower but bad accuracy. Are my assumptins correct?

2. How far do Gungans fly?

3. How fast paced are the games? I hate it when there is just people dying left and right and explosions going on so much it's so confusing you can't think at all. I want a game with action but just not so much you can't remember your age after.

Destroyers, due to limited mobility, are clearly better at defense, hopefully with nearby cover so that shields can be re-charged. And Destroyers are very accurate at close range. Because CIS has destoyers and missle-toting super battle droids, they may be the most powerful faction.

Some other common answers for PS2:

-Orbital strikes baffle some people - You must hold down secondary fire (L1). You will hear beeping and the ammo meter will fill up green. You will automatically switch back to your player, so you won't see the strike unless you are close.

-Booting players: press start, goto player list, scroll to annoying team killer, press square. Booting people is hard, mainly because nobody wants to take time out to vote.

-Why can't I steal the other team's AT-AT / AT-TE: These vehicles are unique in that they cannot be stolen and they serve as CP's.

-Rolling is the fastest way to travel on foot. Very soon we will see almost everyone rolling across long stretches of uncontested terrain.

I have a question:

Those crappy CHAT commands (F5-F12) do they simply put up:

"Jet Black: Health Needed!!" on the chat screen, or do they actually do something useful like cause an Icon to appear to pilots that I need a health/ammo container, highlight my position on the map, or call out to people nearby that I'm needy?

Some Questions

1.Why I still have that freaking autoaim ON if I'd switch

it OFF?

2.I saw some videos where there was an imperial tank on

tatooine and a hailfire droid on Rhen Var...I don't have

em(On those particular planets)...What's up with that...?

3.What could the downloadeble content have...?...What do

u wish it has?

4.Where da hell is my MTT?

thx

Archived