Home

Terrible ship handeling

Cholistoy

Battlefront is a very fast paced game with lots of actions and great sounds. The levels are huge and very realistic looking.

However, the steering and handeling of its flight ships is terrible.

It's extremely awkward trying to fly any ship.

You probably can adjust these controls to your liking but the devs should realy think about re-looking into this phase of the game.

Then maybe all the ships would be in the skies instead of most being left untouched and on the ground.

Look again, I said "Flight ships" as in Tie Bombers and such.

Snowspeeders, bikes and all ground vehicles are ok.

If you notice the controls aren't the same as the ground vehicles as in accelarating and turning. They should of been similar even though one is ground and the other sky.

Originally posted by Cholistoy

Look again, I said "Flight ships" as in Tie Bombers and such.

Snowspeeders, bikes and all ground vehicles are ok.

If you notice the controls aren't the same as the ground vehicles as in accelarating and turning. They should of been similar even though one is ground and the other sky.

Snowspeeder isn't a ground unit, and you still haven't explained what you mean exactlly.

Yeah well, I'm not going to beat a dead horse. I've already said it twice and if its still not understood then......

The steering controls on the flight ships, the ones which go up up up into the sky suck, plain and simple.

But don't take my word for it, read the latest issues of Gameinformer and Gamepro. One of these mags rates it a 4 so that about says it all. Case closed.

I've played the game since I got it (about 6 hours ago) and I was skeptical to the starfighter controls, since everyone is whining about it. However, to my great suprise, I found that it fit me perfectly! Starfighters in Battlefront are actually useful compared to BF1942 where all people used the plane to was to get from place to place. I have no problems with the controls whatsoever.

I am a beast when it comes to flying. The starfighters just call my name whenever I join a room. I love the controls of flying and in my opinion they are very easy (PS2). In the Bespin platforms, I dodge fire by going straight up, stalling, and nosediving all the way under the map then coming out on the other side to take down my attacker. Gotta love dogfights.

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

I love flying .... Huey's in BF: Vietnam. :D

Amen to that. But only if you have a good co-pilot.

The ships in SWBF are so much easier to control. No use for a joystick which sucks. I have complaints about the damage taken when you get too close to the ground. The belly is usually the weakest part of the starfighter and yet you can do the rock across the pond and take minimal damage. To be more realistic each starfighter should take different amounts of damage when they bounce of the ground but that could be a # 1,021 step to fix. Has anybody tested the amounts of damage to each starfighter. :giggle1:

Originally posted by Marduke|Myth

Amen to that. But only if you have a good co-pilot.

Alpha and Omega. :)

A good co-pilot to me is one who can aim and fire the chainguns, and can take orders from me not to fire while I'm manouvering and/or all the time, as that lags me up beyond belief, and we plummet to our deaths alot of the times. :D

But anyway, this is BattleFront, not Vietnam ;)

Carry on. :p

I find the controls for flying vehicles in BattleFront to be extremely easy, actually, too easy. There is no way to roll sideways, which is how you do many maneuvers when flying. The flying controls are very limiting. On the PC version, you can't even use a flight stick! How lame! Everyone knows that the best flyers out there use a flight stick instead of the keyboard and mouse.

In my opinion, the flying vehicles are the weakes t portion of the game.

I'm referring to the Xbox version.

No matter what it is not everyone always likes the same thing.

Personally, I don't like it and after reading the reviews in gaming magazines I can see why they would say it suxs.

Also it's a new game and it takes time to adjust so hopefully with a little practice it does. I just wish they would of left it similar to the ground vehicles.

practice.

I'm playing the PC version. first couple of times I got in a starfighter I promptly flew it into the side of a mountain. I think there's still a few trenches dug into the Geonosian battlefield from my terrible strafing runs.

Now?

I buzz the ground and the troops go diving for cover. I can barnstorm under the rock bridge on Tatooine... and did you know you can blow up starfighters still on the ground?

TIEs never even get in the air when I'm around. :bdroid1:

Only thing that bothers me is the other idjits who still haven't learned to fly yet and go blaring around at full throttle. They can't shoot at you so they just crash into you. Feh

when i play this gaem i feel odd, because on foot and in vehicles i'm at home the maps are a great size, etc, but when i jump into any aircraft and suddenly the map is so small i can't do any kind of combat maneuver with the already lacking ability to do rolls and other standard flight combat maneuvers.

so largely i end up ignoring aircraft on everything but hoth. so far the trick is to slow down, but that's hardly exciting.

Originally posted by Cormix

All the flying in starwars is childish , very easy but not near as good as BF1942 wich is also easy but alot more realistic were also you can go up 1000 feet instaed of 100 feet lol.

yes but that has to do with the map size wich is waaaaay too small for the star fighters in this game in my opinion

personaly i think the controls are very easy to easy for my taste maybe they should loosen the controls a bit and give us a way to roll and do loops

and encrease the flight celing!!!!

Archived