Home

Pilots do your job!!!!

knunchucksammy

Ok, not to start another thread out on negativity... I am going more on advice and feedback.

It is really frustrating on maps when you are anti-vehicle or something else, and you need to use a droid and they are all blown up. Then someone spawns as a pilot and just runs on by. Sometimes I spawn as one just to fix some of the key spawn points healing and ammo droids. These are important, because staying alive is important... this isn't quake III arena.

I think right now the Rebels have the best Pilot. Most of the other pilots are as worthless as Tits on a Bears ass, but they at least can drop some health and repair things. I have found that if they drop health for themselves while fighting, the can be brutal... all but the CIS, they totally suck and I think their gone doesn't work at all..... never seen one get a kill.

Back

I agree. It helps massively. Especially when your a sniper and using recon droids to call down non-stop air strikes. Just camp by it and send them out. And a pilot who deploys medpacs and ammo is damn near invincible. And there's nothing I love more than when a Pilot Bot drops me health and ammo. Makes me wanna kiss him! Hell sometimes I try to get them to follow me and drop me ammo/health as needed. Unfortunately they won't drop it for you when you go up to them to get some. Still awesoM!

The only Pilot that has an insufficient weapon IMO is the Clone Pilot. I couldn't get his electric gun to hit anything. So I just use the blaster pistol instead.

The Rebel Pilot's blaster cannon is VERY good in close range. I find myself blasting the Rebel Pilots before any other unit. The Pilot Droid's radiation launcher and Imperial Pilot's mortar launcher (they're about the same weapon) are also very good, and can go a farther distance than the blaster cannon. Sometimes these launchers can be more useful than a blaster rifle.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by TK-8252

The only Pilot that has an insufficient weapon IMO is the Clone Pilot. I couldn't get his electric gun to hit anything. So I just use the blaster pistol instead.....

I disagree... If you hold down the fire button and charge up the clone pilots gun, it can be quite devastating. Although i think it doesn't have much range.

I've only played the clone pilot for a very little bit. I remember I wasn't fond of the gun. But whenever I play as the CIS, at least once a battle I get pwned by some lightning bolt hitting me for a buttload of damage. I'm going to give it another chance.

The Rebel pilot has a nice gun. I fear them more than the assault, because when they try to shoot you, those yellow bolts always fly right into you.

The grenade launcher thing I wasn't too fond of. Too slow for my tastes, but I know it can be a very effective weapon, if I cared to practice with it.

As far as actual piloting goes, I think pilots are at their best in big vehicles. Things like AT-ATs and AT-TEs, and some of the smaler ones like Spider droids and AATs. They can withstand many hits. Unlike smaller vehicles, which can easily get destroyed very quickly after fired upon, the big things can take lots of a damage, so that buys a lot of time for the pilot's auto repair to do it's thing. If you could get an AT-TE fully manned with just pilots, you'd have an awesome unstoppable force right there.

Originally posted by JawaJoey If you could get an AT-TE fully manned with just pilots, you'd have an awesome unstoppable force right there. [/b]
Can anyone verify this? If you have multiple pilots in one vehicle is their autorepair cumulative or does it repair at the same rate as if just one pilot were in it?

Originally posted by Master William

I'm good with every pilot, but those Jettroopers... I hate their weapon. They shouldn't reload at all, just shoot all the time. It is impossible to hit a moving target with that thing

:eek: And to think I found the combination of the jetpack with a gun THAT powerful makes the clone jettrooper overpowered. Seriously, you can kill about any droid class with a good aimed shot which, despite what you are saying, is pretty easy, IMO. Switching the guns of the clone jettrooper with the clone pilot would make a good balance, I think.

Whenever i play a multiplayer game and I am the pilot, i always make sure to feed my troops plenty of ammo and health, especially where they are fighting for a choke hold spawn point. I seem to do well with ever pilot, getting 20-30 kills with main pilot guns, including all faction pilots. And with the ability to heal themselves and rearm i think gives them an advantage over the rest of the field. IMO i think they are probably the best class, since they also auto-heal the vehicles that they are in as well :)

Originally posted by luck64

Whenever i play a multiplayer game and I am the pilot, i always make sure to feed my troops plenty of ammo

"EAT IT! EAT IT NOW OR i'LL MAKE YOU EAT THIS AMMO!" :p

I'm sorry for this offtopic post, but I just had to react. No offense meant to Luck64, btw. I found it quite a funny way to say it, that's all.

as for master William: yeah I guess, aiming with the consoles is quite a bit harder than pc so you might be right for that part. I was only referring to the pc version. And i'm sure a broken arm won't make you a better player either.

lately ive been using the pilots much. They got a good weapon (especially rebels) but it just needs proper training.

Now unfortunately, SWBF has poor pilot vs team support. What i'm saying is, like proper commands saying they need ammo/health (with an icon on top of their heads), with a health percentage under their name...

But basicly, people dont notice it because the healthbar is at such an unusual place you almost never know your HP in-game.

Also, in games i notice people will walk in the middle of hallways right in front of you, or be the most horrible at at drivers ever and not cooperate (doesnt sound so hard does it, using an at at well? Most ppl fail in it)

Or the endless TKs. When capturing a base a vehicle will stand next to me, not jumping out, but staying there, and as soon as an enemy appears NEXT to me shoot at him and TK me as well. nice work.

Anyways, there is just SO little teamwork from everyone in the game, its just not worth the effort for pilots. They get nothing in return, ecept for TKing people that run in their way etc.

Some teammates always seem to run to my timebomb (even if its on an open field) etc.

Basicly what i do now is lay a pack, if they dont pick it up after 3 seconds I do.

I'd like to see big flashing icons over teamates who need health or ammo. I know it's dumbing down a little but otherwise you don't know if you're helping or not. If you see somebody in touble at the far end of the map you'll feel like a hero for getting over there and helping out. The supporting evidence is that the bots seem to play the role far better than the humans do.

Having said that, the health and ammo meters are so inconspicuous I rarely notice when I'm running out myself!

I think the worst way to unbalance the game would be to give the clone jet trooper a sniper rifle...

I perfer the standard units and the special units myself, thats pretty much all I play sometimes. I sniper from time to time,but I say the assault and pilot units I play least as(unless I'm planing to use a vehicle)

That was a very good question,does having more than 1 pilot in a vehicle make it repair faster?

Originally posted by Alegis

or be the most horrible at at drivers ever and not cooperate (doesnt sound so hard does it, using an at at well? Most ppl fail in it)

Do you mean with that, they are not helping the infantry by blowing up rebel defense turrets (and rebels), so that there mates can get the CPs easier?

Or what do the most ppl do wrong with AT-ATs?

Archived