Home

Multiplayer 30 FPS Cap

stevea

For the life of me, how can I get 30 fps in a MP game? I am still at 20 fps online.

Yes I have checked the "ticks per second" option to be 30

I have also downloaded Fraps to view my fps.

I just want to be at least 30 since 20 is horrible.

Erin

It hurts even more knowing I have a GeForce 6800 GT with an Athlon 3000+ and 1 GB of Ram but am still locked at 20 FPS. Not only that but I get 60 fps in single player with the same options.

Second please!

FPS frames per second and

TPS ticks per second

well the multiplayer servers arent reduced to 20 frames per second it would lame.

If you have a bad comp look in the air at a game and you will have 60 fps i think.

But w00t 20 fps standardly in a game?

Is this real i sell my game.

What the fuuuuuuck.

I cant believe this.

The multiplayer is really locked to 20 frames per second, LOLOLOL!

I just checked it with fraps.

Oh man this game is so crap how can you play very good when you have only 20 fps?

And why the **** do you standardly have 20 fps on multiplay matches?

THIS SUX!

can anyone here tell me why they are locking the fps?

It very much depends on the server side. I play on a server which increase the cap to 80fps and it is smooth and no lag when there are 32 players playing. However there is another server which everyone gets above 100 ping which is a uber laghouse. So like I said, try to find a good server.

I played on a server with the description "... FPS - fixed" The ... is the part of the server name I forgot. But anyway, the frames per second were 60 and it was silky smooth!!!

So this tells me that the 15, 20, 30 ticks per second doesn't correlate to the fps since I was at 60 fps on that server.

The bummer is this:

1) No one else was playing on that server.

2) It's hard to get into vehicles since you keep getting kicked out of the vehicle.

Other than that, I would seriously like to see server administrators

1) fix their settings or

2) The developers put out a server patch that sets the game to AT LEAST 30 FPS as the default server setting!!!

Come on, I like the game but let's fix this FPS problem.

Erin

Originally posted by Decepticon2

careful man. i basically said this game sucked, but in a little more intelligent way (no offense) and looks like i was banned. noone here wants to hear the truth.

Well it's good to know what I heard was wrong - I heard 30 was the absolute max for multi.

plzzzz lucasarts fix it!

Where do you get the fps extender for a server?

Did you checked your fps on the ''fps fixed'' server with fraps?

60 is good.

but still the question why are they locking the fps what does it have with mutliplayer connection?

Personally 30 fps isn't all that bad. Why do you need 60 fps or 100 for that matter? Your eyesight is limited to seeing at 40 fps. Have you asked your creator to lift the fps cap on your eyes? It is physically impossible to see a difference in fps's beyond 40. The only way you can tell if your fps is over 40 is by having the game tell you it's over 40.

If having a cap improves gameplay over the net then I say, "Cap away!"

Are you serious Belan. Having it higher helps especially in a heavy fire fight.

Example: You go out of a building and there are 25 guys firing at your team, plus all your teamates firing. All those textures and polygons filling the screen, do you think you'll even get 5 fps with all that going on. If you have it above 60, and in that scenario, it might hit below 30.

If they uncap the FPS it should be fine, also the netcode. LOL.

First of all the whole human perception thing of 30 fps is junk science. Whatever the human eye is set to I can still notice when a game is at 60 fps or 100 fps or 20 fps. There is a big difference. Maybe I am not registering this in my brain exactly to the frame but the OVERALL EXPERIENCE is that the game runs smoother at higher frames per second.

Second, the game is not capped at 30 FPS. It's capped at 20 FPS!!!

Most servers still have a 20 fps maximum. So when you ask if I care if it's over 30 FPS then my answer is:

Well, lets get it to at least 30 FPS then we'll talk!!! I only get some servers to be at 30 FPS. Like 10 % of the ones I play.

And yes, 30 FPS is VERY NOTICEABLE versus 20 FPS even to the HUMAN EYE!

Erin

Yes, I meant to put those words in CAPS!

Archived