Home

droideckas overpowered?

Jaif

Destroyer Droids are the worse! LOL! I tried to kill them so many ways but it takes 3-5 shots to kill a destroyer droid with the primary weapon of jet pack trooper or 3-4 shots with primary weapon of rocket launcher trooper on Republic side. They are so to reload and can't run fast enough if you are out in the open and no place to hide from the destroyer droids.

I use the Droidetka pretty regularly on the open maps, but on city maps like Theed and Mos Eisley, it's pretty useless.

Overall, it's very powerful if 1) the Droidetka player can get the shields up before the Clones toast it and 2) the player managers to transform without getting killed.

But it's also insanely easy to defeat even if you fight it head on -- all you have to do is run around to its back and shoot it while it tries to turn around to face you. I've taken out many droidetka's --both player and bot controlled -- by using this simple strategy.

This game is all about maneuverability, given it's pace. This is where the droideka suffers, especially on the pc. There is no reason why one should not be able to strafe in the thing, or turn faster. The slow walk is reasonable, however. But given that it goes down in a few shots, and is rather inaccurate, giving it a little more pivot power to function like a turret would not hurt.

Originally posted by NCIceman

This game is all about maneuverability, given it's pace. This is where the droideka suffers, especially on the pc. There is no reason why one should not be able to strafe in the thing, or turn faster. The slow walk is reasonable, however. But given that it goes down in a few shots, and is rather inaccurate, giving it a little more pivot power to function like a turret would not hurt.

I agree. Slow walking speed is fine, as are the slow transformation, slow reload times, and duration of the shield. But quick pivoting time is what is needed -- especially for PvP.

Archived