Home

PS2 - No Mic Problem

VylStyle

Hey guys I've been having the exact problem, I'm using a linksys router, wired, just wondering if anyone had any luck, I tried opening up the gamespy recommended voice ports on both my PC and my PS2 ip addresses but no luck... HELP PLEASE

I had the same problem. It turned out that I had the ports on my router set to UDP and TCP. they only need to be set to TCP. Once the unchecked UDP it worked fine.

You should not have any ports on you router set to UDP.

Same thing, NO MIC!!!. It works fine in every other room exept the one I'm hosting on my computer. I downloaded the PS2 Server program from Lucasfiles. I hope the Problem is fixed since you can only host 4 players on PS2 vs. 6-16 players on PC hosted room. THIS SUCKS!!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Same problem here. I've tried opening all kinds of ports, only tcp, only udp, both together, with firewall, without firewall, and even putting my ps2 in a dmz, oddly the dmz fixed the mic issue but it made my connection weak and I was losing connection in my own room. I have an upstream bandwidth well over 1Mbps, I just don't get it. I was able to get the mics for other people to work but I couldn't hear them and they couldn't hear me... They were only able to hear each other. I don't know what to do about this... I seen somewhere on here somebody said someting about our connections may be too fast... WTF?!?

Archived