Home

Vader

donkey skills

Really, avoiding Jedi Heros shouldn't be a problem. Even if one is spawn-camping, you should be able to simply run away. The only problem I encounter with Jedi Heros is when they're camping at one of their Command Posts so you can't capture it.

If you want to kill a Jedi Hero, I suggest running them over with a tank or speeder. Most effective.

The Jedi's can be killed and removed from battle with heavy weapons and vehicle turrets, however don't fire at them but either the ground in front of them or a wall if they are near one. Any direct attack will be blocked or have little effect. Eventually they won't get back up and dissapear. On Geonosis the Republic AT-TE's pilot gun should take out Count Dooku in about 10 to 15 hits using splash damage on the ground.

I've tried all sorts of ways of killing them (the PC manual erroneously claims they are "invincible"), but it seems there are only two tried and true ways:

Knock them into a "kill pit" (such as the sarlacc). You can do this with splash damage from explosives or vehicle blasters (aim at the ground next to them).

OR

Run them over with speeders or wheel droids (tanks and walkers don't work, sadly).

Oddly enough one time I was playing as the Clones on Geonosis and was in that room with the Holographic battle computer thingy (from the movie). There were a bunch of Clone Troopers with me and Mace Windu was there too. After we had secured the room, he just fell over and died! I don't know why... though a guy was "walking into him" right before it happened.

I'm guessing that perhaps as our reinforcements were going down, his "spot" was taken up so the computer killed him. Sort of like if you are doing too badly you lose your "bonus hero." I dunno, or could be a random glitch. Maybe the trooper had bad breath and it sapped Mace's will to live. : (

maceheartattack.jpg

I remember reading in the previews how the Jedi were supposed to be "very tough" but "never die" and "when they take enough damage they will leave the battlefield."

I also sort of assumed the Jedi were in there in a "time based" manner. Rather it seems like they join at the start and hang around until they are killed and then keep respawning until you're completely out of troops and lose.

I also noticed that getting into a vehicle basically means they will ignore you. You can easily outrun them by bunny hopping away, since they will only ever run and swing.

Originally posted by G.A. Thrawn

The Jedi's can be killed and removed from battle with heavy weapons and vehicle turrets, however don't fire at them but either the ground in front of them or a wall if they are near one. Any direct attack will be blocked or have little effect. Eventually they won't get back up and dissapear. On Geonosis the Republic AT-TE's pilot gun should take out Count Dooku in about 10 to 15 hits using splash damage on the ground.

Really? Wow, I need to try that. I gave up after maybe a dozen shots (didn't count, just a guess) since their health never went down (always saw that blue flash though as if it was some "heal" power, dunno), they would just keep getting back up. I only have the PC version to play of course...

Update: Okay, I don't think it's possible. I launched an MP game by myself (with only the Jedi as company) on Geonosis. I expended my entire arsenal of Wheel droid missiles (and plenty of lasers) on Dooku and his health never went down. Likewise I shot him dozens of times with the LAAT main guns, and the double "superlaser" beams as well as pounding him with missiles (though he pushed back all the missiles that didn't miss him, all the other shots hit). I even tried the Spider Droid's superlaser and blasters. Nothing! The AT-TE was my last hope, but the pilot gun (double green lasers) had no effect on him even after over 30 shots. The co-pilot canon I zapped him with over 15 times and still nothing.

The only way to kill Dooku or Windu on Geonosis seems to be the run-over method. I give up. ; )

PS: I also was messing around with the Jet Pack Trooper. Did you know you can fly straight up, as high as you can and when you run out of fuel, you'll survive the fall? It's amazing, this guy! However, I went as high as I possibly could on the map (You can't quite reach the highest rock spire, you hit an invisible ceiling) and drop from that height you do finally die. But still, quite impressive!

to kill a jedi hero there is two or maybe three ways

1. lure im into the sarlacc pit

2. try to in some way get im wall down from a cliff on rhen var citadel or fall off the platforms on the bespin platforms

3.lan on him with a vehicle this will result the jedi hero becoming killed but you will blow up

4.shoot him so he bounces into a wall after a long time of shooting he will die

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I've once killed Luke on an SP game with a simple blaster rifle and an ally with another rifle. We were in the cantina and the two of us just surrounded him and dumped our clips. Amazingly, he died. You can also kill jedis not only by landing on them, but driving at max speed through them with a swoop/speeder bike.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

on platforms throwing grenades at luke and i've run out luke's still coming. dont want to waist rifle ammo on him so i shoot him in the foot with my pistol and he die like achilles. then luke is reborn and exacts vengence by slashing me from behind with his laser sword.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, basically any instant death situation kills the Jedis.

Example:

1) Bottomless Falls.

2) Kill zones, like the back of Endor Generators, Sarlacc pits, carbonite pit, etc...

3) Out of bound, for a long time.

4) Being landed... this pushes the target into the floor basically, and death.

5) Running target over by high speed vehicles. Sometimes things only pushes characters aside(like AAT) So speeders with "forked" front is better.

6) Ram them thru the walls, its the same as getting fall killed during wall hack.

Lowering the counter works obviously, but I have yet to blast them to death. Their health is basically infinite from what I see. Not sure if you can inflict huge amount of damage before the healing lights goes up though, but making the hero trip would certainly activate the healing.

Archived