Home

Weapons Thread

Firemann816

I lIke the Empire, so have been playing as a trooper.

I like the regular troopers blaster best, good fire rate, and easy to aim where I need.

BUT

I found I like wearing that jet pack of the Dark Trooper. Dont know much about his rifle

Seems like I'll get the crosshairs on some rebel scum and they'll go red, I'll blast and he struts on by, and sometimes fires back or lobs a greneade at me.

I have observed that sometimes the crosshairs look like this

(( )) and other times like this

( )

Sloppy aim on the (( )) crosshairs seems to work occasionally and sometimes I dont get a kill until they go ( )

Anyone got any pointers about this, or if anyone bought the official game publications, would they please enlighten me?

I really like that jet pack on the RenVar Maps and Bespin platforms :cool:

Thanks for any help

Originally posted by Firemann816

I lIke the Empire, so have been playing as a trooper.

I like the regular troopers blaster best, good fire rate, and easy to aim where I need.

BUT

I found I like wearing that jet pack of the Dark Trooper. Dont know much about his rifle

Seems like I'll get the crosshairs on some rebel scum and they'll go red, I'll blast and he struts on by, and sometimes fires back or lobs a greneade at me.

I have observed that sometimes the crosshairs look like this

(( )) and other times like this

( )

Sloppy aim on the (( )) crosshairs seems to work occasionally and sometimes I dont get a kill until they go ( )

Anyone got any pointers about this, or if anyone bought the official game publications, would they please enlighten me?

I really like that jet pack on the RenVar Maps and Bespin platforms :cool:

Thanks for any help

I find the Jet trooper and the Dark trooper hard to get kills with. Me personally, i hate getting into firefights with these characters, as i usually cant keep up with the rate of fire.. my finger gets tired clicking the mouse

the trooper's gun (all factions) is a very good all purpose gun (lots of ammo, fairly accurate, some of a scope) the darktrooper's gun just flat out sucks, but you could always use the pistol:D The clone JetTrooper is actually good once you get the hang of picking your fights wisely (you cant take everyone without running out of ammo very quickly)

nades are very handy for clearing out hallways like that on bespin plats

as for jetpacks, the clone's is (ironically) much better because you can steer it, where the DT's is just a burst...but its supposed to be newer...

Originally posted by Firemann816

Just wish for a regular grunts blaster rifle to go with my pack

Then it'd be a bit overpowered, because all the jetpack unit would be lacking now are concussion grenades, which aren't anything that special. There would really be no use for an Infantry class if you could get a blaster pistol, blaster rifle, thermal detonators, and a jetpack with the Unique class.

I guess youre right TK

I went back to regular Imperial Grunt last night and loved that rifle

Just blasted away and didnt have to change ammo anywear near as much

If LA patches this buggy game -

and the game gets any momentum in the mod community

Katie bar the door

i've made a review of the weapons, and here it is:

• the assault weapon (e-11, rebels rifle, superbattle droid/battle droid, clone repeater) - this is a very useful all around weapon, usually with a decent scope
  • sniper rifle - this rifle usually kills in two hits from full health, unless you hit someone in the top of the head
  • concussion nades - anti-vehicle nades, they stick to vehicles and do a decent bit of damage, but they have little splash damage
  • thermal detonators - good antipersonnel nades with good splash damage
  • emp nades - just like thermal dets, but against droids (they might have a smaller splash radius, idk)
  • missile launchers - except for the super battle droid's rockets, these are good antivehicle weaps, but not as effective against infantry
  • droideka - good stationary defenses, you have to be careful not to activate your shields uneccisarily, and try not to run your guns completely dry
  • bowcaster - this one (IMO) is not worth using, with a slow fire rate and not that much damage
  • time bombs - very good against vehicles, as they stick to things and do a lot of damage
  • grenade launcher - no opinion as of yet
  • emp gun - the clone jet trooper's emp gun is very effective against groups of drids, but be carful about picking your fights, as ammo for this is quite limited. also, this gun is effective at taking down destroyer droids
  • pistol - well, its a pistol...but it has the plus of not having to be reloaded, and its not quite a peashooter
  • shotgun-like weapons (dark trooper and rebel pilot) - not very effective, but decent defensive weapons at close range
  • clone pilot lightning gun - no opinion as of yet
  • mines - extremely effective antipersonnel and antivehicle weapons when placed properly

please tell me if i missed anything important

Your esimation of the missle launcher's effectiveness versus infantry is definitely off but I'd agree with everything else.

I do most of my killing with direct shots to the ground with the missile launcher against infantry and strategically-placed mines.

• 2 weeks later...
bowcaster - this one (IMO) is not worth using, with a slow fire rate and not that much damage

I have to disagree with ya there. I personally ahte being on reb team. But when I am I mainly pick the wookie for his bowcaster. The weapon damage/fire rate sucks totally. BUT..when ya charge that sucker up and let it go on the unsuspecting trooper around the corner it can kill in 1 hit.

As well firing the charged scatter shot from bowcaster has a long range and great at pinning down enemies that want to live.

Good example: Bespin platforms level...the main connector path between the 2 main Spawn points. If ya fire a charged up bowcaster it can reach straight across the pathway to the other spawn point.

BUT..bowcaster is best in either hallways for the 1 on 1 or on open field if ya have multiple troops coming to ya. Mind you, ya better have others there to attract those enemy troops coming. Or else they will zone on ya and KOS.

NOTE: Wookie extra health compared to other troops can be a lifesaver as well at times.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Cpt. Bannon

[...] please tell me if i missed anything important [/b]

The wookiee can (as mentioned before) charge up it's bowcaster for a multiple shot, as can the clone pilot (better range/dmg, not sure) and the imp and droid pilot (not really charging but different attack: nade doesn't explode immediately on inpact w/ ground)

Also I consider the recon droids a (important) weapon.

IMO the rebel pilot's gun is the best shotgun-type wpn ...

i can actually kill ppl w/ it :D

Archived