Home

We Need A Good FAQ/Walkthrough!

reltes

I might write one soon for the Historical Campaign for both eras starting with Clone Wars.

EDIT: OK here is the Clone War one for Naboo Plains-

As you start choose the spawn point that has the AAT. Spawn as a Heavy Weapons Droid and get into an AAT. Drive it inside the shield and start firing at the machines on the creatures backs. This is the weak point for it. If your AAT is about to explode get out of it and start firing your rockets at the animal. Tale out one of them and you will bring down the shield. These animals are also spawn points so take them both down quickly. It may take a few tries to get them both down or A.I buddies may take them down.

Once they are both destroyed head to the nearest spawn point where most of the droid A.I will be. It is very advised if you be a normal soldier when you are up to this part. When this Control Point(CP) is taken over head to the next nearest one. Take this one CP over and head to the last one. Once you have taken this CP you can just try and get CP's that have been recaptured by gungans or just try and kill other gungans. Or you could just wait to the Victory Timer reaches zero.

What we really need is something pictoral, akin to Trail's Guide (JK/MotS), Outcast Strategy/Strategic Academy (JK2/JA)...

Ultimately this would be a hosted site, rather than just some links to text files on Gamefaqs (no offense, GF is a great resource, but we need something on the home turf you see).

I could contribute some things, but as of now I am not so hot on playing the game until its more stable with the patches, plus my freetime is somewhat limited, but if you have questions about the PC version I am willing to help how I can.

As to scanning the Primo Strategy Guide and putting it on the 'net, I don't think that the makers of the Guides would be too happy about that, and you might get into legal trouble...

Besides, the printed strategy guides can't be updated, they cost money and they are often incomplete (based on pre-release versions of the game, not taking patches into account, focus on the console versions, etc.). An online guide with pictures and downloadable content is just far more flexible.

If you are willing to do some work with a website that we can host, please send your "resume" and plan, etc. and possibly a sample to the Staff at SWBATTLEFRONT.NET and we can get this underway. If you can't contact them, email me your info and I'll pass it along.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Make sure who ever makes up the walkthrough has really beaten every level, and not just by sitting in vehicles (even though it can be a quick win). I would write one up, but I updated to patch 1.2 a week ago, and noticed a trick I used to do on hard doesn't work anymore. Does anyone know if only the hard AI was improved/updated in the patch?

I can start a walkthrough for each character, but because I'm starting school in less than a week, I'm not sure I can but it all together in a web site.

• 1 month later...

I have the official star wars battlefront guide but making your on strategeis is better. TIP: To kill jedi run them over on a speeder bike at top speed or land on them with a starfighter. pity that they comr back though. oh and never attack a jedi or sith. move away and tell others to do the same and they have no one to atk. they only atk if someone atks them or someone stays around them for to long or gets too near.

• 1 year later...

Archived