Home

Turn off friendly fire....

Turn off friendly fire before idiots ruin this game the way "honor" ruined the Jedi Knight games.

From another forum (http://www.firetrill.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2469):

Mith: WTF ARE YOU DOING? Stop standing there and DO SOMETHING.

Mith's teammate: I'm waiting for the AT-AT to respawn.

Mith: WTF ARE YOU DOING? WE WERE WINNING!

Mith's stupid teammate: That wasn't how it was in the movies you moron. I'm just trying to roleplay.

Mith: Dude... wtf? Stop following me. Or at least shoot something.

Mith's teammate: I'm trying to leech experience so I can get stronger.

I was on imperials in that tatoinne city map and a rocket guy ON MY TEAM was shooting me and when i asked him why he said something like "IMPERIALS ARE EVIL".

I was into it the first few days but my JK3 frustrations have leaked

into this game. Once I get killed a few times by my own teammates,

especially on purpose, I lose complete interest quickly.

This will all come when admins get their control. There should be an auto-kick if someone TKs ~3 times. (I'd get kicked in every session on Cloud City :) fool Imps need to get out of my sniping lanes.

But removing Friendly Fire is not the proper fix. Friendly fire adds to the game. But admins will soon get server controls so they can stop TKing. That'll limit the already low frequency of occurrences such as this. I've been playing all week and this has only really happened about twice. More than it should happen but it's not that often.

Originally posted by Mountainforest

Just put in a voting system: problem solved.

Then people will just start kick-votes because someone is dominating the game, or something like "laming" or "camping."

Just turn off friendly fire, problem solved. There's too many kiddies out there who don't know a Stormtrooper from a Wookiee and shoot everything in sight. And voting isn't always used for good (after playing Jedi Outcast and Academy I know).

Originally posted by TK-8252

Then people will just start kick-votes because someone is dominating the game, or something like "laming" or "camping."

Just turn off friendly fire, problem solved. There's too many kiddies out there who don't know a Stormtrooper from a Wookiee and shoot everything in sight. And voting isn't always used for good (after playing Jedi Outcast and Academy I know).

But Jedi Academy also gives a good example that puting of friendly fire doesn't stop lamers either. People like to take protocol droid parts or scepters to the start of the level in siege for example, or are constantly pushing the elevator buttons so nobody can get up. In this kind of situations, putting friendly fore of only makes thinges worse.

I'm seriously watching the server admin stuff so I can build one for my use.

I think the tools will be a while in coming since what they offered first up was so abysmal.

Friendly fire should be in the game since it would happen in a real battle.

I say vote & TK auto-kick at a threshold are the answers.

My two cents - but TK-ers ruin any good time in any game. :rolleyes:

Those posts I quoted were from three different people.

IF and WHEN admin commands to ban-kick team-killers come out, then fine, put friendly fire back on. Until then, leave it off.

Coming soon: people team-killing so THEY can board the last snowspeeder or other vehicle available, because they don't want to wait for the next respawn. If it isn't already happening.

TKers make MP games suck so much sometimes. BF1942 is only fun to play if you join a server that has an ADMIN lurking around most of the time to ban TKers.

Battlefront is the same way. At least on Battlefront you can play a pretty good SP game. I still say the AI in Battlefront is pretty good. I play SP almost 90% of the time and I still love this game as much as the first day I bought it.

The only time I ever Tk'ed was when I was learning how to do an air strike. I sent out my probe and attacked right in front of me by mistake. I did not know what I was doing and made 3 TK's at once. I was so embarrassed that I had to leave the game and join another server. I would like to apologies for being such a noob and that most Tk’s are noob related.

Howdy

I totally agree that Friendly Fire should be turned off for now until there is admin control. Ive been killed to many times now from idiots who think it is funny to shoot or crash their ships into their teammates.

For now, I am just playing in our server or those servers that have friendly fire and Heroes turned off. Those Jedi's are the worst spawn campers ever :D

I was attacked by a "team mate" on Hoth last night. The Rebel hangar was controlled by the Rebels, and I boarded a snow speeder. As I was making strafing runs on Imperials, I heard the distinctive sound of a snow speeder hitting me from 6 o'clock. I took evasive action as he continued to shoot at me. He eventually collided with me and went down. As I said, the hangar was still under Rebel control, so it was unlikely that an Imperial got in there to board a snow speeder.

Until admin tools come out it is probably best to turn off friendly fire. After noobs realize they can't attack their own team, they will either settle down and play normally, or leave out of boredom.

i've been in so many firefights where it's jsu tamss orgy of guys and suddenly my teammates jump on top of my nade i jsut threw or strafe in front of my blaster shots or whatever. not a big fan o fff in this game, the gun physics are jsut precise enough to warrant anti-tk measures, as it's very easy to rack up quite a few tk's tryign to kill the enemy.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

Turn off friendly fire before idiots ruin this game the way "honor" ruined the Jedi Knight games.

Ahh yes SWBF JK style.

Your servers are the few I can play on without getting gang banged voted out by random, congregating, RPGers.

Originally posted by TK-8252

Very true..

Originally posted by Mountainforest

But Jedi Academy also gives a good example that puting of friendly fire doesn't stop lamers either. People like to take protocol droid parts or scepters to the start of the level in siege for example, or are constantly pushing the elevator buttons so nobody can get up. In this kind of situations, putting friendly fore of only makes thinges worse.

I get really p!ssed when that happens. I just have to quit when I fined out the not only is the admin there they are the one laming.

Personally, I am keeping FF on once Linux Dedicated is released. Hopefully by then there will be control over the server.

FF makes the game more 'real' and I'll have people in place. Hopefully auto kick will be in place.

TK does happen, I was playing Endor with a friend today and got killed 3-4 times by him, it happens. I know he would never do that, but it happens.

Well if you've played BF1942 after 1.6 patch and BFV you'll see that voting is the worse you can do to game. Nothing worse than having the opponent in sight and the damn voting screen comes up. And not just to kick, the map changing requests were done to death.

Hopefully blackbagopts gets involved with SWBF. His was the best for linux!

Archived