Home

Mines

DF|-dill11

Mines are awesome. I don't know why you posted this in strategy but you have to hit "G" as a missle troop to select your "second secondary" weapon. This will change your nades to mines and then you just press alt-fire to lay them.

This is also the same way you use everyone else's secondary (health/ammo, recon droid for orbital strike, extra nades etc.)

The play is so frantic people NEVER have time to look for mines. I've been getting massive kills just laying mines in popular spots. They don't trigger on your enemies so just place them anywhere (particularly in high grasses, enemy spawn points, camp points, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

you can use mines to escape from a jedi hero. if you are chased by one run backwards so you face him an lay a mine when the hero walks on it.... KABOOOM!!! you go flying one way the jedi hero flyes the other way (you cannot have friendly fire if this shall work cause then...... (see below)

:explode:

• 3 weeks later...

Unless you know the map requires you to be a pilot, or other special class, pick a rocket/mine guy from the start. When you spawn, lay some mines around your CP / spawn point.

You can lay up to 4 mines (if you pick up more mines from a driod, the 5th mine you lay will make your 1st dissapear). Pick places for your mines that are not outwardly obvious, as the enemy can shoot or grenade them to get rid of them. I personally like to stand close to a wall or entrance-way and stick them there. You can also booby-trap your droids the same way.

Lay some mines from the very start, if you die, the mines stay where you laid them... even if you choose another character class. It is also a good way to tell if the enemy is invading your base (online), because if you see your name coming up as having killed someone, and you haven't fired your weapon lately, you know someone tripped your grenade.

Originally posted by Alegis

yes ppl have to step EXACTLY on them, so best to hide under stairs orso, or entrances behind corners, always work.

Is also very strong for vehicles

on a side note, mines can be shot, and the wookiee rebel class has 3 timebombs

That's not correct, you can put them on walls to and that works

• 9 months later...

Two mines don't take down a standard vehicle... it damages it a bit. Maybe half health, but not the entire thing. Mines are great for Yavin 4 Arena on the outside, or on flanking levels with lots of corridors. I love using them on entrances to chokepoints and towards my last command post on a losing level.

The only problem with mines is their explosion... Have you ever noticed this effect is tiny ?

Well, depends on what you mean 'tiny'. On unit clutters for chokepoint levels, rushes from enemy groups explode. Against vehicles, alone it would be tiny, but with 4, the standard scout/medium assault vehicle, would be at around %10hp. The downfall is, even if you have team damage off, your team-mates will most likely get caught in the action of the mines, and you'll lose a couple of kills. I love mines, but I hate my AI units.

Archived