Home

Battlefront Stats

cushy

Ive been playing logged into gamespy for all my games...when I checked my stats the first day I had like 13 kills 13 deaths..thats from like 2 games (I was a noob lol) anyways...Ive been playing for like hours more logged in...I check my stats today ..still 13-13...who knows how long it takes to update to the website or whats wrong?

I thought I was crazy or totally mistaken about what the game was tracking. I was on for hours this weekend, getting great scores, but I'm still only showing 8 games, 17 minutes of play, and 39 kills.

That sucks. I hope they get on that. I seriously think the auto-tracking feature is the best part of this game.

Stats work, you just have to use gamespy arcade. All my time has been logged.

I hope they work on the multi-player interface though, something similar to battlefield 1942. Or add a chat room like what age of mythology has. Easier to meet folks and join their games.

Originally posted by Marvel

Stats work, you just have to use gamespy arcade. All my time has been logged.

I hope they work on the multi-player interface though, something similar to battlefield 1942. Or add a chat room like what age of mythology has. Easier to meet folks and join their games.

Then what's the point in logging into Gamespy when you select Internet within the game? :rolleyes:

Well the whole multi-player interface needs improved, I won't disagree with that. As for the stat taking, I understand the concern. Especially the good games where you rack up a killer K:D ratio and its not logged.

The PS2 shouldn't have issues like the PC does. Why? What varies from one PS2 to another? Only controllers if that. As for PC's its another world so I'm sure Pandemic probably didn't have time to test every configuration out. Some win, some lose, hence patches.

"The PS2 shouldn't have issues like the PC does. Why? What varies from one PS2 to another? Only controllers if that."

We're all logged in to different servers, of course. I'm not sure of the actual architecture, but I would think the ideal way to collect stats would be from the servers themselves, instead of having each PS2 send them in. There are fewer data points to collect from that way.

So, if there was an issue with the PS2 server software, that could cause a loss of numbers.

However, thinking its the server software gives me hope, because it might be easier to develop and distribute for that side of the equation.

Have any of the developers mentioned this issue?

That, my friend, is the crux of the biscuit. I don't think you're ever going to see your scores from last night.

I've noticed that they do update regularly, at about the once every 30 minutes they tell you on the page. But, they don't seem to capture all the stats, so its likely that your scores from last night might be lost forever.

Last night, I played 4 games with over 100 kills total. One hour later, I checked my stats and found only two games added to my total, with 0 kills and 0 deaths each. This morning, the numbers haven't changed.

I have faith they can fix this.

Finish your games and allow the next game to load, select a team, spawn point, and play the next map for approx 10 to 30 second, then disconnect. Why do I say this, because it may give gamestats time to collect the data from the finished round. Gametrack.org and bftracks run on a similar collection of data. I would think gamestats.gamespy.com may do the same. 95% of my rounds are received so I'd tend to lean on this possibility.

Is there anyone playing the PC version of the game having problems getting listed on the leaderboard? I've been playing since day 1 and I cannot get listed. I've killed way way more players (non npc's) than the lowest number listed on the leaderboard. I know I've killed over at least a thousand other players since the game started, but I'm still not listed. I have a gamespy account and my account is verified. I have logged into gamespy and launched the game from gamespy. I have also logged into gamespy from within the game. I don't quit the game until the game is over. In other words I don't quit in the middle of the game. Hell when I go to my gamespyid profile it shows that I havn't even played the game. Here is the link to my gamespyid profile for SWBF: http://gamestats.gamespy.com/swbfrontps2/profile.asp?pid=5008601&gameid=973

Go figure. Oh well. The leaderboard is either broken or there's something else I'm not doing right. How are these other players getting their name listed? Anyone else having this problem?

Marvel, I also suspected that, but even games where I play through 8 or 9 rounds are not being recorded. I tend to stay with one server for a long time, but it doesn't help. I've been very careful lately to quit only during a round, instead of between them.

Again, you're also using Gamespy Arcade, instead of just the in-game registration, so that may be helping.

Does any1 knows why my Stats never Change it always says :

Last Game Played: 9/26/2004 2:02:31 AM

First Game Played: 9/25/2004 7:20:24 AM

Total Time Played: 8 minutes

ALL FACTIONS

Total Games: 3

Kills: 3

Deaths: 6

Accuracy: 43

Head Shots: 0

Narrow Escapes: 0

Captures: 1