Home

Analia

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7032_1159518880964_1617540033_428071_8294206_n.jpg

I clambered up Snowdon the other day (a mountain in Wales for those who don't know) on an unusually clear day. Normally the summit is cloaked in fog, but on this particular day the view stretched for miles, not centimetres.

7032_1159518640958_1617540033_428065_8160599_n.jpg

The lake you can see there is one of the commonly cited homes of the Lady of the Lake, of Arthurian legend fame, on account of its deep-blue colour (something which the picture doesn't do justice to). The reason for that, bye the bye, is the large quantities of copper (ii) sulphate kicked out by the (now abandoned) copper mines.

7032_1159518600957_1617540033_428064_6246824_n.jpg

Thank you for the nice souvenirs! I spent a few summers in UK and when I was in that area I remember having only had 4 shots left and a few hours (no digital camera back in 1998).

I completely agree with you in that the pictures don't do justice to the landscape. It's not that you're a bad photographer but just that the landscape is such that no photographer could do it proper justice (I say the same thing when I go to the Arctic or subarctic regions...the immensity of the land can't be captured with a photo camera, only glimpses of it)

^^^I 100% agree with that assertion: I tried to get as much photographs of the Acoma Native American tribal land as I could--though a desert, it is beautiful. I looked at the pictures once I exposed them...didn't *even* compare to the beauty in my memory. Even _if_ I'd had a digital, professional quality camera back in 2001, I don't think that would have done it justice. I'm not the greatest photographer, but I'm no slouch either.

Thank you for the nice souvenirs! I spent a few summers in UK and when I was in that area I remember having only had 4 shots left and a few hours (no digital camera back in 1998).

Snowdonia is one of my favourite places in Britain. I'm glad I could bring back some memories for you.

I also went to Stratford-Upon-Avon just last week; one of the pubs I was in had a questionable advertising strategy:

7032_1155785827640_1617540033_416446_7581150_n.jpg

I wouldn't advertise the fact that the inn was where the Great Plague of Stratford broke out, myself; especially not on the top of the menu. Still, it's named after David Garrick and for that it gets kudos.

• 4 weeks later...

After years of posting on these forums and looking over all of your photos, I finally feel that it's my turn to post mine for people to fap fan over. So, without further adieu, have some photos of me, courtesy of Google Stalkerview.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=270&pictureid=4796

• 2 months later...

Archived