Home

Unlocked features on PC?

RDX1

Hmmm, well the 3 or 4 grey out options become availble as soon as you play and win the first one. To be honest these galactic conquest scenarios are the same and i have only played 3 and i am bored of them already. There doesn't appear anything else to unlock and to be honest the game is starting to become a little dissapointing.

IMHO you should be able to...

Pick up weapons from killed troops.

Fly more ships, like the falcon on HOTH.

Play more characters or at least more skins.

Include more Hero's, Where is BOBBA, C3PO, R2D2?

More Maps, the Sail barge part from ROTJ

More NPC A.I. (The droids should at least move around)

Lightsabers???

Doors??? Why can't you have doors that you open and close?

Ladders???

Basically i want more of everything. When you look at the game there really is so much left out that could have been incorporated given a bit more time. I would have prefered they didn't include the videos of the special edition bits from 3,4,5 and used the space for extra models and textures. I asume they are saving stuff for add-on packs but to be honest the game as we have it now just doesn't seem full enough. It is a shame because my initial impressions were good but after only 2 days i have done everything.

I won't even start on the online games i attempted tonight :mad:

I know this isn't jedi knight but i imagined this game to be a large scale battle version of that mixed with X-wing Vs Tie Fighter. I guess i just set my expectations too high.

Its still a good game. Never know how the battles going to go unlike playing de_dust over and over on CS: Source.

Nice suggestions Barcrest. All might be considered by the devs that read the forums.

As for the picking up enemy weapons, I'm glad we can't. That just leads to same thing happened to BFV with the M-60 before the 1.1 patch.

Well i'm not disappointed.... not much anyhow. This game met my expectations, and then some, but after racking up a few hours on the game i do realize some points they could improve upon.

1) Map size! If you are infrantry the map is not bad, but when it comes to flying and fast vehicles, DO NOT BLINK because if you do, you'll realize you are about to get shot down, because of the boundaries... (Ok a little exageration there, not much, but a little)

2) A little bit more variety on missions, it starts to get a bet repetitive on single player after beating the campaign, and the conquest. I haven't played mutli-player on xbox yet so i'll have to wait for my opinion on that...

3) A.I. could use a little bit more improvement, they shoot and aim alright, but sometimes i find them just to be standing still quite often, and they won't respond till i shoot em dead... Which makes for a boring kill. Also it feels like i'm a one-man-team, trying to support my whole team at times, once in a blue moon they'll capture a command post, but very seldom. And they sure can't defend them very well without me being there to "over see" things. ;)

The heros are fine as they are... I mean they are nearly invuneralble because THEY ARE JEDI! Common dude... how can Bobba fet, r2d2, and c3po hold their own against an army? Atleast with jedi it's somewhat believable.

No lightsabers... that would ruin the game completely! It would just turn into a lightsaber duel because they're clearly the most powerful weapon in the starwars universe. If you want lightsabers... go play jedi outcast or something.

Another comment to pick on of yours, barcrest, is that level you mentioned... I mean think about it guy, that would be a hurting level. This game is about recreating the classic battles in starwars, that actually took place between ARMIES. You are talking about a few dudes in a scuffle, that level would be small and pointless. Once again... you want a game of that genre play Jedi Outcast. Now that level would suit that game... if you made it longer.

i'm also glad you can't just pick up any weapon. Why should a pilot be the same caliber of shot, as the scout, when he picks up a sniper rifle?

I actually think Murs and barcrest are right. Barcrest is right unlike BF:1942 I find that some maps are too small espiecially when your in the vehicles. You should be able to pick up weapons but to me it kinda ruins the game in a way that it doesen't give the unique specialties. If you had a darktrooper with and e-11 BlasTech rifle imagine how cheap that would be. It does bug me that you can't pick up weapons but I can live with that. I think there should be more heros. Jango for the clone army and have Leia and Han for the civil war. Hell I think they should even bring Padme, Anakin, and Obi-wan in for the clone wars but that'll be too much. Murs has a good point though, This game is meant for infantry battles not some classic duel or anything but if your an infantry the maps are just fine I just wish they expanded the maps with vehicles a little bit. But I have to disagree with Murs about the AI problems I'm not quite sure but I play on hard and believe me it's really tense and hard but that's where the fun is. I must say but I have to agree with both of you guys. I hope they make an expansion where you can go to space and play the Battle of Endor and Yavin and for the infantry your can be a raiding party trying to capture other ships . But meh you may never know.....

Ok i have thought about this a little more and read what you guys are saying and it's a tough call. However I don't think the suggestions i made are as off the wall as you might think...

1/ Sail Barge Map.

In this scene we see a team of 7 rebels fight off numerous skiff. Well to be honest these numbers seem fine for an online game if you don't want LAG. A Small 7 a side (Maybe stretch to 10) map would be cool. IT would at least be a break from the larger maps we have not with 5 or 6 a side basically chasing each other around taking each others command posts. That isn't a star wars battle to me.

2/ Blockade Runner.

Now this is quite a big battle and you can imagine from the bit of it you see in the film that the fight goes on for a while as you still hear gunfire when vader boards.

3/ More Hero's.

Well what i ment was more NPC's and Hero's. Han, Leia and Bobba would all make good heros. C3P0 and R2D2 would make good NPc's (If you combined C3PO and R2D2 with the blockade runner mission, the objective could be to protect them from the empire. Maybe have them as a mobile command post fo it to fit in the game framework) You could have Darth and Liea as the 2 hero's on that map..

4/ Picking up weapons.

Ok your right this is a tough call, but what about them being less acurate if used by the wrong class and have slower re-load times. It would allow for the use of other weapons but wouldn't give rise to cheap classes. I am just thinking variety here really.

5/Randomise the skins.

If you play a pilot then it should randomly pick a pilot skin from a selection. It's o.k. i suppose that the EMPIRE look the same but the rebels have different coloured flight suits for A-Wing, X-Wing, B-Wing etc...

6/More Ships and Vehicles.

Even if you only had ships from the movies and didn't include the EU stuff there are lots missing. Lukes Speeder, Dewback's, Bantha's, B-Wing, A-Wing...

7/ More interaction from the landscape.

This doesn't have to be over the top destructive landscapes but at least doors you can use, lifts and ladders. All these things have been in FPS games for ages, and in the case of lifts and doors you could just make the 'E' Key into an action key to work for those as well as boarding and leaving ships.

With the maps and from what i can tell from the engine it would be possible to have 2 star bases and duke it out in space battles, even just one level like this would be a nice touch. If the bases were a fair size then you could always land and fight it out on foot as well on the same map. I think there is also a missed oportunity to not be able to play as some of the other factions in the game. Imaging playing as the JAWA's defending your Sandcrawler against the Storm Trooper attack?

To be honest i do like the game, i played it 6 hours straight yesterday but the more i play it the more i feel it's a little thin on features. It is easy for me to come up with suggestioons i know but i feel with a couple more months development time this game could have had all the things i have mentioned and much more. I am now starting to think it is all just a lucasarts plan to get more money off us with an expansion pack out for christmas with all the above in. Along with a Deluxe Edition containg both games. :mad:

How about a Song and Dance too?

Man, I bet you guys would never be satisfied, even if they had included all that stuff, there would still be something else to complain about.

Its a good solid game (Xbox) and I've got not real complaints with it.

Just be happy that we finally have a good Star Wars game.

I would be if i considered it a good game worth the £35 i spent on it, Frankly i don't... I have brought a lot of Star Wars games and i have never moaned about one of them before (Well rebel assualt wasn't great!). That is from X-Wing through to this one. The only ones i didn't get were Rebel Assualt II, and any Episode 1 or 2 based stuff.

I like the game but you can't help feelingit's not quite finished. I mean XvT was so polished you could see your reflection, this on the otherhand is more like a release candidate.

Originally posted by Barcrest

Hmmm, well the 3 or 4 grey out options become availble as soon as you play and win the first one. To be honest these galactic conquest scenarios are the same and i have only played 3 and i am bored of them already. There doesn't appear anything else to unlock and to be honest the game is starting to become a little dissapointing.

IMHO you should be able to...*blah blah blah*

They are NOT the same. The first 4 scenarios start you with only owning two planets and the other faction owning the rest. The other 4 start out evenly.

And this wasn't a "complain about the game" topic. There are plenty of those to add your two cents to.

WOW that difference hardly matters as the single player game is far too easy anyway. Starting with 2 or half the planets you can walk through without defeat even on hard. Basically all of thoose campaigns are the same and the manual mentions unlockable features of which i can't find any apart from this. And they all unlock after completing the first one.

I just keep finding myself playing instant action on hoth as the rebs, which is really easy if you play as the sniper and camp on top of the furthest command point. You can pick off imps even when they are spawning with the double zoom. The bots will storm this command point if you have held off the imps and once taken the game is pretty much won as the bot speeders will take down the AT-AT's quickly if you have that command post and just pick off any missle guys.

This level has become a time trial now ;)

I guess I just suck then, cause the Imps almost wiped me out on GC on medium and I just barely came back right before they were about to DS my last planet. I have it saved now (as I'm at work ATM) and they're still a few fights away from beating me.

But the console version rocks cause you can play GC versus another person. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Kurgan

Check the readme file. There are no "unlockables" in the PC version. That was an error in the printed manual that shipped with the game.

Actually I noticed that after I won the first 2 Galactic Conquests 4 more were unlocked, before they were grayed out.

Originally posted by Nemios

Actually I noticed that after I won the first 2 Galactic Conquests 4 more were unlocked, before they were grayed out.

I think the "unlockables" are actually a hold-over from the console versions. If that was what was being referred to, why did the developers deny there were any unlockables in the game? Wouldn't make sense.

Otherwise you could say that the SP campaign missions are "unlockable" since you can't just start on the last mission of either of the two campaigns, rather you must play them in order, THEN you can choose which one to start on.

Unlockables must refer to something (like I said above, from the console versions most likely).

Archived