Home

Rhen Var

RDX1

something on Rhen Var i got from a site

Rhen Var is a fictitious planet from the Expanded Star Wars universe. It has an icy surface similar to that of Hoth, being covered with snow and ice. Ancient Jedi monuments are buried beneath the surface of Rhen Var. Rhen Var was once a fertile paradise filled with vegetation and wild life. Millons of years ago, an atmospheric cataclysm turned it into an icy hibernal surface. During the Clone Wars, the Confederacy of Independent Systems, or the Separatist army, seized Rhen Var with an army so big that the Republic base had to evacuate the planet. Obi-Wan Kenobi informed the Jedi Council about the seizing of the planet. After the Liberation of Kashyyyk Moon, the Republic retook Rhen Var. After the The Great Sith War (4,000 BBY), Ulic Qel Droma sought refuge on Rhen Var, and he is buried there.

Originally posted by adillon

oh man, all 20 chapters rock ... a nice little segueway into episode 3.

Yeah, I really want to see them. I put my e-mail in at Amazon.com saying I would like to see this product. If they get enough people they will bring it to DVD.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005JMZG/qid%3D1096320021/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/102-3882618-7226507

Originally posted by RDX1

Yeah, I really want to see them. I put my e-mail in at Amazon.com saying I would like to see this product. If they get enough people they will bring it to DVD.

They are defintely coming out on DVD. Last I heard was November/December (just in time for Christmas). But that was a while ago, so that might have changed.

There will be another season of clone wars too which will be aired in May (shortly before the release of EP III. Probably to tie up some loose ends for the movie)

THe existing clone wars episode are 20, and were about 3 minutes long.

The new ones coming will be way less in number, but much longer (12 minutes). I imagine this is also probably due to the fact that they will be showing them in May, but want to have it completed before EP III ROTS is released in theaters.

Originally posted by thejeditraitor

rhen var was invented by pandemic for the clone wars game.

lucas will use his own planets in ep 3.

you can bet on it.

Sorry but you are wrong. Rhen Var was an ice planet that Ulic Qel-Droma exiled himself on. This was in the "Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi" comic series from Dark Horse (Redemption # 2 if I am not mistaken)

Yup, started in the clone wars games.

"During the Clone Wars, the Confederacy of Independent Systems, or the Separatist army, seized Rhen Var with an army so big that the Republic base had to evacuate the planet. Obi-Wan Kenobi informed the Jedi Council about the seizing of the planet. After the Liberation of Kashyyyk Moon, the Republic retook Rhen Var."

was all in the game. Information vital to the survival of the republic was stored in one of the Jedi tombs. That's why the separatists invaded the mostly barren planet, and thats why it was imperative the Republic recapture it.

Originally posted by JawaJoey

Yup, started in the clone wars games.

"During the Clone Wars, the Confederacy of Independent Systems, or the Separatist army, seized Rhen Var with an army so big that the Republic base had to evacuate the planet. Obi-Wan Kenobi informed the Jedi Council about the seizing of the planet. After the Liberation of Kashyyyk Moon, the Republic retook Rhen Var."

was all in the game. Information vital to the survival of the republic was stored in one of the Jedi tombs. That's why the separatists invaded the mostly barren planet, and thats why it was imperative the Republic recapture it.

Nope it wasn't started in the Clone wars game. It started in the Dark Horse comic several years ago. I have the comic. See for yourself.

http://www.wheelon.com/comics/redemption.htm

read the synopsis for issue 2. It mentions the planet and the publishing date (1998)

Continuing off topic........

I heard rumors that Lucas is going to add a snow planet for Ep. 3. Maybe Rhen Var will be it. But all the spoliers I have read and heard have not mentioned Rhen Var.

If the above is correct then Rhen Var will be seen in Episode 3.

I think they were talking about Kashyyyk.

Archived