JediJohn

Who is better sonic or zelda  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better sonic or zelda

• Sonic
    • Zelda

Originally posted by Sabretooth

Zelda r0xx0rz! Sonix sux0r!

I didn't just hear that. Please tell me I didn't JUST hear that.........

*Preps hunting rifle and chaos emerald just in case.* :p

I like both, so it doesn't really matter to me.

Kain pwns all your little elves and hedgehogs.
Best. One-liner. Ever.

Not sure why, but something about that, in the context of this rather amusing little thread, just made my day. Thank you, Kain.

Both cool; totally different types of characters, so it's a touch pointless to be arguing over who'd win, wouldn't it? It's like arguing, "Spiderman v. Darth Vader" or something. Not a whole lot of point, and no way to prove either side, either. Give it up!

Well, if we think about it for a moment, we have a pretty good fight when we consider both of there powers.

Sonic, clearly can move insanely fast.

He is pretty much immune to falling damage, as he always land safely on his feet...

He can not die as long as he has some rings in him, which he has a chance to re-gather, if they're knocked out.

He has spikes which can be used a buzz-saw, strong enough to easily burrow through solid concrete.

He is able to home onto his targets with a charged attack, which never misses its mark once fully charged up.

The same attack draws rings to Sonic, which of course is his life force.

Can reach high ground with the sheer force of his speed, running on the sides of walls ect.

Can walk, and move normally, if at a reduced rate, perfectly underwater, but still must come up for breath.

He has a really annoying, high pitched, out-of-his-nose voice which could cause Link to blindly attack him in a pissed off rage after too much exposure...

Link, a extremely skilled swordsman.

A good assortment of acrobatic evasion techniques.

Skilled at defense with a shield.

Can affect the flow of time with his Ocarina.

A skilled marksman with a bow and arrow.

Can reach high ground with his hook shot.

Has a large assortment of masks that allow him to transform at will.

Can swim.

Can charge his sword for devastating spinning sword attack, covering a large area.

Has Epona, the horse.

Has a large collection of bombs and explosives.

Using those special gloves(forget the name) he is easily able to pick up absolutely huge objects.

Can charge arrows with elemental damage.

Using various tunics, Link can survive in otherwise fatal environments, such as lava.

Now, pitting them against each other, let us see how there talents compare.

Speed wise, Sonic wins it, he could run circles around Link, who on foot is quite slow in comparison. So he may be able to make quick dash attacks, and quickly get away from any retaliation Link might attempt.

Terrain could come into play, in which Sonic, being immune to falling damage could most likely navigate much better than Link, who can very much be hurt by falling.

Link uses hearts to maintain his health, Sonic uses rings. When Link gets hit, his hearts decrease. When Sonic gets hit, his rings spew out, giving him the chance to recover them. Link however, can take more hits, as he can have up to 20 hearts, which can be re-enforced. Link’s shield may or may not be able to stop Sonics spin dash attacks. The Dekku shield would be blown to pieces in second, the standard metal shield may also break. The Mirror shield would hold strong however, no doubt.

Link can effect the flow of time with his Ocarina, but this wouldn’t do much good in a fight, as Sonic would be all over him before he could play a song. Links bow wouldn’t do him any good against Sonics speed, he could evade his arrows. Link may not have Sonics speed, but his reflexes are top-notch, so he may be able to use his great acrobatic skills to evade Sonics attacks, if timed right.

A fully charged attack by Sonic would get Link cleanly, I believe. The attack involves Sonic charging up as he spins, collecting life force from the surrounding area, and when he glows an ethereal blue, releasing it into rapid attack, in which he dashes threw the air, circling his target rapidly several times, before hitting them in a vulnerable spot.

But that attack takes time to charge, and Link could shoot him with his bow, hook shot, or even throw a bomb at him as he attempted to gather the life force. Also, if Link times it JUST right, he MAY be able to hit Sonic with a charged sword spin. Though that is unlikely. His elemental arrows would do no good, if he can’t hit Sonic. However, using the mirror shield, if he times it right, he may be able to kite Sonic out of a standard homing attack.

His bombs when Sonic is on the move wouldn’t do too much good, as Sonic constantly has to deal with Eggman robots throwing little explosive things at him, and could most likely evade them no problem. Link is a very skilled swordsman, but his attacks still may be too slow to hit Sonic. Sonic wins vs. Links human/Elf-thing form, I think.

With Masks, we add a whole other dimension to the fight. Link has a lot of masks that change and enhance his abilities. As a Dekku…he can…well…blow bubbles and shoot nuts…yeah…Sonic wins. As a Goron, he can roll into a ball, and do his own rolling attack. But he is restricted to the ground in that form, and is even slower. Slowness is not something you want fighting Sonic. But not to take all credit away, he may be able to absorb some of Sonics lesser attacks with his hardy bulk.

His Zora ( forgive me if I get these names wrong, it has been a while… ) form gives him the ability to fight extremely well underwater. But offers little land combat potential, however this one is more interesting than the others. On land, Sonic would still win pretty easily. However, underwater, Sonic’s speed is reduced greatly, where Links as greatly increased. Link can glide through the water rapidly, making quick and devastating blows, and Sonic would have a very hard time gathering his rings, being underwater, and trying to evade Link. Sonic can run out of breath, and Link doesn’t in Zora form. ;)

Link could easily evade his much slower homing attack, and trying to do a charged dash would be suicide. Underwater in Zora form vs. Sonic, Link wins.

Link using the Giant Mask is an easy victory as well. Link would be so gigantic, especially in adult form, that Sonic’s attacks wouldn’t really hurt him, except perhaps a charged dash, but again, it takes a while to charge, and Link would probably step on him…

2 on 2, it appears. We need a tie breaker. And I know the perfect one.

With the final Mask, the Fierce Deity’s Mask, Link would become overwhelmingly powerful. However, with all 7 Chaos Emeralds, Sonic becomes Super Sonic, who is also overwhelmingly powerful.

Going over the facts, Links projectile flinging sword can lock onto his enemies, and release a horribly devastating blast at them. Nothing much can defend against it, however, Super Sonic has shown to be utterly immune to all types of damage…this makes it hard to call. Could Link’s Fierce Deity blade break Super Sonic’s defense?

Super Sonic can pretty much fly, and can travel at even greater speeds than Sonic. He still has no ranged attacks, but he doesn’t need him, he can skid across water, air and land in that form. However, Super Sonic has one weakness, he can only remain in that form if he has enough rings. And those rings slowly decrease.

It is a toss up, if Link could hold Super Sonic off long enough with his projectile attacks, he would fizzle out, becoming normal Sonic, and get toasted. However, if Super Sonic could inflict enough damage on the still damageable Link, using his insane speed, he would win. In the end, we don’t really know the winner of that fight.

It is a 2 win, 2 loss 1 tie record. Good day. :)

For me it depends on wheather the poll is about a fight or a coolness factor. Now, if it's a fight, then I don't know who would win truthfully, i'd say link because he has more weapons. As for coolness factor, i'd say Link wins.

Originally posted by Troopr-Undr-Fir

Holy crap, this thread is still alive? :confused:

By the time you all stop bickering, Sonic would have killed Link about 6,812,234,901,871 times.

he still has a ear ring in his right ear :xp:

he has an earing in both ears:eek:

Archived