Home

Matt's Younger Luke (will need weighting if you can help great if not look anyway)

Matt-Liell

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

ADS

Ok so I had the new Tavion going but after reliving the old Trilogy again which I havent watched in awhile I remebered my admiration for the character Luke Skywalker.

Many people complain that the JA Luke looks too old well heres a news flash for ya kids he is older in JA so this isn't an improved Luke its a younger version.

As the title says he will need weighting and I'm hoping to find someone before I go any further so I don't waste any of my time I could use towards school. :p

I will only give you a head shot, I have the rest almost done and hopefully I will make skins for all his outfits, the skins out there right now will work for most of it cuz I'm using the luke model as a base.

Please ignore the badness hair right now I will explain my thinking after the pic:

luke3copy.jpg

Ok about the hair, Luke's got shaggy hair but on the default model is just a puffy lump ball on his head, on my model this is what I have done:

-I duplicated his hair

-I scaled it larger that the default head

My plan is to use a .png for transparencey (which doesnt show up in max and thats why it looks so bad) and have a layer of hair and then his head, it works in theory and I hope it will look good otherwise the whole model really wont be a whole lot more than a slight reshaping of the default luke. Thats another reason why I'd like a volunteer for weighting asap.

(If the transparency of the hair needs more than just a .png will someone please tell me, I looked through such files as ragnos and thats the only thing I saw that was different about the file and the only indicator on how to do it)

Originally posted by Antizac

Dude! It's so 70's - It's perfect, I love it!:D

And the slight changes you made to his nose - looks more like him. (By the way - select the face, and weld the vertices, around his nose, so you don't have that ugly outline around it.) =)

Thanks, and thanks for the tips too.

Also you did some of the nicest hair work with your leela model and I was wondering if using .png's was all you did with her hair.

For the transparency to work, I believe JA uses great use of "Alpha Channels" with PNG and TGA being the two supported formats for the technique. Do a little research on alpha channels, it is used in a variety of gaming areas such as HUDs to map textures. ;)

The model is looking good so far, you can also do the Endor Poncho Luke:

endor_luke_2.jpg

Ok I have some ideas here that I need answers to:

I want to add a bunch of new stuff to the model but most of it will only be used on 1 single style of luke (eg. the poncho for endor luke, the stormtrooper belt for that style and no skirted pants for bespin), is there a way other than doing nodraw in the .skin file to only use certain parts of the model like Raven did with Jaden so the polycount isn't crazy?

Originally posted by LightNinja

it is really nice but, the ROTJ luke shouldn't look young?, you could add the default luke head too and do a kinda customizable luke

No he wont look young, I'm keeping my head on it for the hair effect but the with the face skin I will make him look a bit older, the thread name is a little unappropriate now. I guess it should be called "Matt's Original Trilogy Luke Pack" or something.

Updates:

Ok working under the assumption I can make luke like Jaden and use different model parts for different looking Lukes I have eliminated the problem with the Bespin skirt, as good as a job Hap did with the skin on the Jedi model, it never really screamed Lukes face to me, now my version of Luke you will be able to switch between skirt for Tatooin and ROTJ and no skirt for besbin, and Endor and otehr skins, it give it alot better skinability for new skins too.

lukeshotcopy.jpg

Although Luke was older a bit on RotJ, he didn't look as old as he does in JO and JA...

These Luke skins are very nice. I didn't mind the "skirt" part of Luke's Bespin outfit I forgot never existed. What I did mind is the JO/JA outfit being announced as the RotJ outfit when it wasn't. :p It's still good though...

Originally posted by Johch Ai'oki

Although Luke was older a bit on RotJ, he didn't look as old as he does in JO and JA...

These Luke skins are very nice. I didn't mind the "skirt" part of Luke's Bespin outfit I forgot never existed (which you fixed, thus my editing the post). What I did mind is the JO/JA outfit being announced as the RotJ outfit when it wasn't. :p It's still good though...

Hes not gonna be middle aged in my skin just a little bit older,and I'm going to change the ROTJ outfit, but I'm just using the JA outfit as a base as it is quite similar so don't worry.

Archived