Home

Where is the vehicle in Mos Eisly?

Azurik12x

yup, the one with the big cirkle. There are onlyt few roads where you can drive to, and putting an AAT there was dumb. Yesterday i got 24-1. I mean, thats ridiculous, shouldnt be there or decrease splash damage on infantry (since i just had to aim a bit next to them)

I agree that the splash damage is the biggest problem. ALso the fact that walls don't seem to negate the damage. In Kashyyyk village I had droid repair me through the wall :mad: . And when in Endor I hide behind a tree to be safe from AT-ST fire ....... well it only had to shoot to the ground next to me and I was dead.... I would even further like to decrease the splash effect on troops that are on the ground! Would make sense to actually prone sometime

I find the trees work best for not being seen in the first place (e.g. Endor, when trying to take down at-st's with missiles).

As for going prone it works the same, reducing your visibility. Hiding in the long grass in the Naboo plains with a sniper rifle can be fun :)

lol. I'm pretty sure there's no AT-AT in Mos Eisley.

I saw the AAT there once, behind the skiff hangar place. I was walking around after spawinging, and I was like "Woah, where'd this tank come from?" Because I'd never seen it before on this map. I don't know why they put it there.

As for splash damage, for vehicles I think it's perfect. In maps like mos eisley, the problem is the vehicle being there, not the splash damage. But in the tank and the ATST, the splash damage is good. It makes sense, and it's hard enough to aim precisely in the vehicles anyways.

What REALLY bothers me about splash damage is with foot troops. Nothing that any foot troop does that should have area damage seems to have enough range. Thermal detonators don't have a great blast radius. The mortars that some of the pilots have, same thing. Missle launchers have practically no blast radius, Jet Trooper's EMP thing barely has any.

And the one that annoys me the most, the Super Battle droid rocket. It works fine for turrets and vehicles, ie, big, slow moving/stationary objects, but you'd think that it'd be effective at blowing up small clusters of enemies. But noooOOOOooo. It's a fricking rocket and it has no blast radius at all. Anything that isn't an absolute direct hit on another troop won't do any damage. Granted, a hit will more often than kill them in a big, powerful explosion, but you need a precise, exact hit. You can't shoot the ground benath them, and you can't shoot one and hope the guy next to him gets the slightest bit damaged, because he won't.

Grrr.

Originally posted by JawaJoey

lol. I'm pretty sure there's no AT-AT in Mos Eisley.

I saw the AAT there once, behind the skiff hangar place. I was walking around after spawinging, and I was like "Woah, where'd this tank come from?" Because I'd never seen it before on this <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=map&v=56">map</a>. I don't know why they put it there.

As for splash damage, for vehicles I think it's perfect. In <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=maps&v=56">maps</a> like mos eisley, the problem is the vehicle being there, not the splash damage. But in the tank and the ATST, the splash damage is good. It makes sense, and it's hard enough to aim precisely in the vehicles anyways.

What REALLY bothers me about splash damage is with foot troops. Nothing that any foot troop does that should have area damage seems to have enough range. Thermal detonators don't have a great blast radius. The mortars that some of the pilots have, same thing. Missle launchers have practically no blast radius, Jet Trooper's EMP thing barely has any.

And the one that annoys me the most, the Super Battle droid rocket. It works fine for turrets and vehicles, ie, big, slow moving/stationary objects, but you'd think that it'd be effective at blowing up small clusters of enemies. But noooOOOOooo. It's a fricking rocket and it has no blast radius at all. Anything that isn't an absolute direct hit on another troop won't do any damage. Granted, a hit will more often than kill them in a big, powerful explosion, but you need a precise, exact hit. You can't shoot the ground benath them, and you can't shoot one and hope the guy next to him gets the slightest bit damaged, because he won't.

Grrr.

Things like this could be patchable, and definatily should be! If you patch up small details like this the overall experience will be so much more fun. I just hope they do something.

Archived