Home

Battlefront PC Patch 1.01 Thread (second official patch)

[RNGD]Tyrant

edit: acdcfanbill

New Patch 1.01 out http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/Battlefront.htm

Installation: After downloading the update, double click on Battlefront1_01.exe to install. The installer will automatically search for the folder where you originally installed Star Wars Battlefront and install the update. If the update does not locate Star Wars Battlefront on your system, you may need to reinstall the game and then run the Battlefront1_01.exe.

This update for the game has been modified to correct the following:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Improves NAT negotiation for online games which may help improve multiplayer performance.

* Minor fix to server browser screen.

* Corrects an issue with connecting via GameSpy Arcade.

* Corrects an issue with losing connection to the host after Task-Switching.

* Added planet names at Planet Loading Screen.

Here is the link: http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/Battlefront.htm

It is called 1.00a (guess it doesnt qualify as 1.01)

This update for the game has been modified to correct the following:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Improves NAT negotiation for online games which may help improve multiplayer performance.

Minor fix to server browser screen.

Well I have tried it and I am not sure what "NAT negotiations" are but everything seemed the same online. The vehicle entering bug is still there and I still cant join using any 3rd party browsers (still get false 'full' warnings or timeouts).

Plus I cant for the life of me figure out what minor fix they did to the server browser...looks exactly the same (I think the only dif is that it now remembers the last update you did before closing).

all I can say is...not impressed since the game went gold about 4 weeks ago.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atleast it's something... 2.66 MB. Very small. Very very small in fact.

It patched basically instantly. Don't get your hopes up folks :|

Very strange update.

Changes: I notice more servers on the server list. Except now, all the pings are red except one or two (when I joined my was ~150) and either all the servers were full or they were empty. Perhaps the servers just haven't been patched and are causing this strange behavior but that's a best-case scenario. Very strange indeed.

1.01 please.

i am still not sure it is 'something'...I cant really tell any difference. It certainly doesnt address any of the major issues that have been brought up. Plus some things like gamebalance are so easy to fix since that is just tweeking some variables I cant imagine why they didnt do that while they had the chance.

My verdict: this is the 'phantom patch'

This actually really helped me. Before I couldn't see any games on the ingame browser, and now I can. A warning though: some poeple who were not having problems with connecting to the servers before downloaded this and it screwed them up. I'd say only download it if you're having trouble connecting.

((Dang, I almost submitted a new topic. Reply and New Thread buttons shouldn't be so close, lol))

I hope this doesn't mean that we won't be geting another patch for a while. Because this patch has made no difference. All of my bugs and problems still exist.

Dammit!!! I paid full money for this game, I expect it to work!!!! No more of this "We release it now, and then fix later" BS! Not that I consider this patch a fix!!!

Well it helped fix my ingame browser some what, i had gamespy 1.3 or 1.4 b 4 i got this game and ingame browser worked fine, then i upgraded to 2.0 and only 2 servers showed up and theyd have high pings almost all the time, now that i got this patch i get the full list again.

Well I think it's an improvement. The server browser is now manageable, though it's not perfect. "Minor improvement" is a good estimation on their part. The servers immediately load, don't continuously move, but you have to click on them and wait for pings to come up. But once you do for most of the servers, you have an actual list to choose from. Pretty good. Then you choose one and play for a while. I was just able to play like 7 maps right in a row. Bespin Platforms, Bespin Cloud City, Hoth, Endor, Kashyyk Islands, Kashyyk Docks, Naboo plains, Naboo - Theed and then maybe one more. Can't totally remember. Imperials won every time :)

Well I stand corrected when I said that the patch has made no difference, because it has. IT HAS MADE MY MULTIPLAYER CONNECTION WORSE!!!! I used to get a good portion of the servers at very low pings (all green bars). Now EVERY SINGLE SERVER (yes you heard me, EVERY single one) is now 1 red bar! The pings have become to damn high for me to play online (which is the ONLY reason I bought the game).

Thanks so much Pandemic and Lucasarts for making a very buggy game even worse. Patches are supposed to improve and fix problems, not create new ones!

I am really fuming right now!!!! If I hadn't lost my receipt I would be returning this game! I will now end this post before I really start to lose it and say something that will get me banned from this forum!

Pandemic, I hope you enjoy my $40.00!!!

I have a problem now too. I used to at least be able to get into the multiplayer interface, but now it freezes on the screen before that and after 5 minutes I have to unplug my computer. Even the taskmenu won't show up so I can't shut down that way either.

This isn't exactly what I was expecting when I bought this game. I guess my excitement got the best of me. I thought there'd be some awesome multiplayer madness. But instead it's about struggling through the internet to try and get connected to a server, then hoping with all your might (use the force!), that you'll stay connected during a map change.

And now, for me, I can't even get connected to the multiplayer interface at all. Does that mean I lost?

LoQ, you have to click on each server (use a scroll wheel to go through the list after it quickly updates) to see the actual ping of the server.

Hallowicious, is there a firewall in the back that is blocking activity? The patch updates the exe that the game uses and my firewall was stopping me from getting onto gamespy till I realized in the background that my firewall was wanting me to recognize the new exe before it would allow connectivity.

Archived