Home

More Air space?

Diabloviper10

Originally posted by phaethon

Well remember this is a Battlefied 1942/Vietnam engine. Inthose games the same limitation exists.

If you want flying space it should have used the Novalogic Joint Operations engine where flying is unrestricted and map size is 50 Kilometers square

Yes, theres a limitation in BF1942/V, but compared to those games, both the Battlefront maps and ceilings are much smaller and lower, respectively.

From what I gather, I'm sure most people on here would be satisified with map sizes/ceilings comparable with Battlefield..

The only place I've found flying to be really useful (so far) has been in a Republic Gunship on Geonosis. Mainly because it can hover somewhat and attack with virtual impunity.

I cannot get the hang of the snowspeeder on Hoth. I've yet to take down an AT-AT.

Agree the airspace should be bigger--but I wonder if that isn't a separate Battlefront game for the next generation systems.

Yeh in bf42 I was easily able to go so high as to have all the ground pull away out of view distance.

You could set up some nice dive bombing runs in that. I would be satisfied if they matched bf42 on the flight cieling.

I suppose being so low the fighters are never out of sight of the ground, means the pilot has to always worry about terrain and ground weapons, which could be good or bad depending on your point of view.

edit: Just thought of an idea. The allowed battlefield area is a fair bit smaller than the map area, you know when you cross over those lines and it says 'you are leaving the battlefield'. They could reduce the dissalowed area a bit, its annoying anyway, I would rather come up to the edge of the map then have the computer just blow me up cause ive strayed into a disalowed area.

Originally posted by chrishaolin

Yes, theres a limitation in BF1942/V, but compared to those games, both the Battlefront maps and ceilings are much smaller and lower, respectively.

From what I gather, I'm sure most people on here would be satisified with map sizes/ceilings comparable with Battlefield..

i estimate the largest map to be about 1/4 the size of el amein in bf42. now that's a big map for ground units, but for air space it's just a little bit tight.

i do the backspace keything myself. it takes alot of the fun of piloting a fast moving vehicle while holding the brakes down 90% of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived