How is your MP experience with 1.00a  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How is your MP experience with 1.00a

• Much Better
    • A Little Better
    • About the Same
    • Worse

Originally posted by Zmidponk2

Whilst there are quite a few games that did, indeed, need patching (most notably Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam), that is only a handful.

I trust this proves my point.

Well, I suppose it does, but it misses mine. Most games have some bugs...thankfully they're usually minor.

My point is not that people shouldn't complain, its that they shouldn't be surprised. And they need to stop buying buggy games if they want publishers to get the message.

Originally posted by KalFalnal

And they need to stop buying buggy games if they want publishers to get the message.

Good point, but unfortunatly when it comes to a game like this that was so hyped that a good portion of us bought it the day it came out. But I do agree with your statement. A lot of the time I will wait before I buy a game to see what the buzz is on it. But when it came to this game I just couldn't wait. :(

We can't know if it's buggy till it comes out. And SOMEONE has to buy it. Reviews, sure, but those are largely inconsistent and spurious in their takes on games.

But studios that continuously make buggy games or unoriginal games will go out of business. Happens all the time. Impressions basically went under because it lost funding from Vivendi. Lords3 was a complete bomb and the studio was dead from then on.

Originally posted by Iceman_IX

We can't know if it's buggy till it comes out.

Bingo. Got it in one. I can see where you're coming from, KalFalnal, but, basically, if everyone did what you're suggesting, no-one would buy a game for the first couple of weeks after release, so you would have the same problem - how do you know if it's going to be buggy or just suck until you buy it? Magazine/internet reviews can vary quite wildly, so you can't just refer to them.

Archived