Home

New WIP's

hatrus

I've said this before in other posts when this type of thing has arisen from time to time over the years, but we need to recognise that we are all here due to a common interest. If it's not Star Wars, in this case, it is because of enjoyment of customizing a game. All moddable games have high interest in the modding community when they are first released and then commonly go through a lull period as newer games come out. Without folks like Hatrus coming along, the forums die out as the older modders lose interest and then all you have left is junk posts like "Hey, 4000th post!!! Yay!!!".

I for one, am appreciative when someone comes along and generates renewed interest in the game. It makes no sense to beat your chest and try to bash someone into leaving the community. What have you accomplished? Kman, you have excellent talent and a lot of knowledge to pass onto others. But who is left to admire that talent if you piss everyone off?

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by hatrus

[...]I work hard so that others dont have to. I know you want to see my fall flat on my face. You want me trip cause you have that "If i cant do that then enither will he" type of additude. Pahricida I respect your opinion of me and you have every right to think what you want. But please do not ruin it for the others.[...]

See exactly this is what I mean ... where in my post did I ever mention anything of my work in comparision with yours?

Nowhere.. see this is not about your work neither the time you need to get it done and what you do with it after all...

This is about your reactions to people that somehow ctiticise your ways and your behavior.

In my eyes you see this as a competition ... who puts out the most releases the fastest.

And about the others:

Where -in my post- am I adressing my words to anyone else than you?

And why should I ruin it for them? Because you would feel insulted and leave the jka community because of people like me?

If you like the modding itself you'd give a damn about wether I have a problem with you or not... wich I infact don't even have.

Look at the last page I respect your work... it's just your habit that some people just can't get along with.

Think about it why else would so many people interfere with your concerns?

hes probably just jealouse that ive been called the "best modeler of jka."

Kman is the best modeller and the best skinner around, so don't start insulting his work. The quantity of your work is amazing but the quality sucks. It seems all of the 35 vehicles that you have made have been 5 minute skinning jobs, and they've only seem to have taken 20 minutes to model. Kman actually takes his time and effort into his models.

Well.. I've said what I've wanted to say to that arrogent guy. Now just get this topic back on track or I'm calling the moderators.

oh by the way ...

I love quality releases and I'm always glad when people like monsoontide, Psyk0sith, HapSlash, InfinityBlade, Marz, KMan, Toonces, Chairwalker, oddjob, Duncan, Major Clod, Spacemonkey, Cheshire and everyone else not listed; release a new model ...

although many of them don't even do stuff for JKA or games in general anymore.

I give maximum respect to them since they mastered the king discipline of modelling:

Playermodelling

So you're right!

There are people that can't do what you do... there haven't been any notable playermodel releases in the past few weeks ... so why don't you just give it a try?

Should be easy for you, shouldn't it?

If you produce something good there ... then well call yourself king cause then you've earned it.

Think of this as a challenge to convince even the last delinquent :roleyess:

Pal, no one is insulting Kmans work and dont be getting on Hatrus' case, he isnt a skinner. And he has already said what to do if you wanna make the skins better. Also Pahricida you are really starting to get on my nerves of you ranting and raving. Hatrus has already said he didnt want to do player models right now, just vehicles. He might start making some once he feels like hes done with vehicles. Plus Hatrus wasnt even talking about your work, he was just comparing it. Those who has made player models in the past has there so called fame already and are now gone. Why they leave? Cause they got tired ofwhat they was doing here or had to do other things with their life. They are all great in there own standards just like Hatrus is. He has said over and over again that he is not a skinner and how many of you really listen? Not many. Hatrus is the pro of 3ds max, not Adobe Photoshop. He has done some stuff with Adobe but not much. I aggree with him on how he releases things and conciders them finished. I pretty much do that with my movies and skins. He has also have the community to go in and fix, edit or do what ever they wish with the vehicles.

YOu forget Pachrtia that alot of the people you mentioned had people skin their models. You failed to see this when you typed your reply. Please think first. So, Duncan for example, almost all of his work was skinned by someone else. Scout trooper did alot of Duncans skins. Now hes agreed to do some of mine. Just cause it takes me half the time as most dosent mean the quality is poor. When scout and I release a work you will have nothing to say cause it will look great. An you know the best thing? It still would have tanken me the same amount of time. Manquesa and I are doing a B-Wing. I modeled and he is reskinnning and animating it. It too will be nice. You will all see that after my models get professionally skined they will be just as good as any of the people you listed.

Also on pag 3 near the bottom you said this in one of your posts:

"well quite a collection you've amassed there

I really like your models; quality work indeed.

The only thing there actually is to critiscise concerns the texturing.

The skins are fine... no doubt but always a little blurred and seem to be low-res.

Other than that:

nice stuff!"

then you make a post that directly say that you believe my work is not of quality or time. please explain this in your next reply. But

now your acting like a hypocrite...or a traitor. Take your pick.

J

ust to let you know Pahctia, player modeling is NOT the master of all modeling. It requires alot of skill, but it not the top of the heap. I utterly detest someone with out prior knowlege posting false information, especially when you act like your an authority on the subject.

IF you know so much about modeling tell me if Interactive IK works child to parent, parent moves with child, child to parent child move indepently, or child to parent child moves with parent. Please state your answer clearly.

Pal if anyone here is arrogant its you. Your repsonse is typical of some of the mail I used to reciaeve. How so and so was the best modeler and I could never do as good a job as them. If K-Man is so good then he can animate his model instead of ninja. I animate but with my version of max is incompatable so Im trying to get a coy fo max 5 so i can do my own animations. Let Kman do his own animations if he is so good.

Oh and another thing Pal, I challenge you to do a better job skinng then me. Choose any of the models Ive released and give it a reskin. Post it on pcgamemods in exactly one week. Then your word will hold some weight in this conversation. If you dont then you never post a word in my thread again. I dont take crap from people that cant even do what they critisize. Pal I also suggest you open it in max and UVW map it again so it will be easier for you to do your skin on. And if the verts dont show up in UVW Unrap, you already know how to fix that. Also in Photoshop dont use styles, but swatches are ok.

Good luck you two! You got alot of work ahead of you, and remember your jka reputation and word is on the line here so dont forget!

Ouch...harsh and very cruel, I like it. :D Looks like you have been served Pal. Yes you have alot of work to do with the current ways of Hatrus' vehicles. Its gonna take you atleast a week to get the idea of what texture goes where. Also im glad your getting more help from other modelers Hatrus. Hopefully the rest will start offering their services aswell. Pahricida, Hatrus is right about the modelers getting other people to help them skin their models. So looks like Hatrus is no different then them. And if you people keep on complianing your gonna end up like Storm and Boko over at PCGM.

Im drop dead serious this time man. Zappo they better be so busy they dont have time to reply. Cause if they dont meet their deadline then they will have proven that they are all talk, lazy, and worthless human beings. Im tire of people takin pot shots at me. But like someone once told me, the higher you go the more people will want to see you fall.

Plus Im sure that everyone here will be excited to see the results of these two. They feel like they bought tickets to a game that got canceled if these two dont follow through. Talk about the worst way to look among your peers...

You guys just don't know what "STOP" means do you? Stop acting childish.

god damn every forum i visit everyone keeps on swearing to each other.

on forums we should be supportive and be nice to everyone insted of being evil/rude/etc

Hatrus if u keep on this then this thread might be closed or something much more worse..

Just stop this guys

If they want to close this thread then fine. But until then Im going to defend my work and the people that like it.I started this thread so I didnt have to post a WIP every day. This is my thread, and I dont want crap going on here. IF someone wants to bash me they can start a "Bash Hatrus" thread. Taking potshots at me in the privacy of a thread is cowardice. If they really believe what they say then I dare them to make a new thread about me. Other wise I dont want bull**** here where Im supposed to be working.

Hatrus,

I had a question several posts back that got lost in the confusion:

Where were these vehicles released:

Trade Federation Lander

Viper Class Starfighter

Lightcycle

Republic Assault Ship

Were they in a pack? I did not see them at pcgamemods, but did see all of the others.

Thanks.

Im drop dead serious this time man. Zappo they better be so busy they dont have time to reply. Cause if they dont meet their deadline then they will have proven that they are all talk, lazy, and worthless human beings. Im tire of people takin pot shots at me. But like someone once told me, the higher you go the more people will want to see you fall.

Plus Im sure that everyone here will be excited to see the results of these two. They feel like they bought tickets to a game that got canceled if these two dont follow through. Talk about the worst way to look among your peers...

aaaaaaaaaaand you still don't get it ... see

So we should do some models and stuff to prove you we're worthy or what?

See you still see this as a competition instead of fun thing...

I'm not great at modelling it's just fine for me ... I'm doing this for half a year now and I don't know **** about IK Chains and stuff. But I don't care.

Well ...whatever!

Now I see that you don't even listen to what I say. I just criticized your ways.

I don't aim for some kind of vendetta...

Let's just get this thread back ontopic.

And if you now think you've won or something ... fine I don't need to be the best :p

IF you dont like the skins then volenteer to skin for me before I release models.

I had throught about it a few times. Especially on the Outrider. Too bad your attitude stinks.

And if you cared enough about your work you would make better textures for it or find someone that can deal with your quirks and texture them for you. It looks like you may have a couple of people that can put up with your nonsense long enough to finish a vehicle.

As for other peoples remarks about my attitude- I have nothing to apologize for. What's said, is said. I tell it how it is. There are some people that call hatrus great. There are also some that think he's the worst. Who am I to listen to?

I don't listen to either of them. Your work speaks clearly for itself.

Your talk about others being able to reskin your models- this would only be taken advantage of if you had unwrapped the model properly. But I doubt that since you spent no time on the texture that you'd spend any on the unwrap. It would be easier for someone to make a completely new model, unwrap and texture it themselves. It would also save the time of putting your name on the credits.

And how can you command others to prove their worth to you? Sounds like you are getting above yourself again. You really aren't that great of a modeler. You're models are fast because you use other models to build around. That'll get you speed and accuracy. This may not have been the case for ALL of your models, but I know that it is on a few.

I am not insecure about my ability to model or to skin. Belting insults out at someone is not befitting a person of your greatness(?). I don't animate my own models because I am not an animator. I don't have to be an animator. I'm model and texture, and do it well enough to land me a job at a game company. I didn't ask LightNinja to animate my ATAT, he came to me. I was going to have one of my friends animate it for me, but he beat me to it. If you care to see what he can do (http://www.alexutting.com/). It's not my fault that someone would rather work on a model that you aren't involved in.

I don't see how my self esteem can be damaged by seeing the great lord hatrus' work.

Now, how was this, or anything else I have said come from anger or hatred? Nothing I have said has been a personal attack on you. If you have decided to 'take things in another way instead of anger and violence', then you wouldn't be getting all upset by these peoples comments and critiques. Maybe it has to do with your maturity level? It's no wonder you have received more hate mail than you have praise.

I have nothing more I wish to say to you.

OMG your really full of yourself arnt you Pahricida! Hatrus' attitude doesnt stink, its people like you K-Man that makes hatrus how he is. If he doesnt want to UVW his textures on his models he doesnt have to. I dont see a rule out there saying You must do this and this and this, but you cant do this. Its Hatrus' way and people should live with it and stop whinning about it.

i respect both of their opinions and points of view even tho i disagree with someof them. and yes its true i do a 5 minute skin job, because spending any more time on it would not result in anything better. i suck at making skins. i admit that im probably one of the worst skin makers in jka. as for being above myself, i havent once called myself great or fantastic. i merely quoted what some other have posted about me on the file comments. its good that you landed a job with a game company. you skills at modeling and skinning are probably not even a problem. It must be great to know how to make skins, but Im not good at it. In the section of industy Im in, we have something called a "staff." This "staff" is comprised of people with different skills. In the "staff" we have modelers, animators, porters, texture artist, uvw mapping artist, and then some guys whose only job is to go find textures and sounds for the "staff." In this "staff" my job is to model. I dont do uvw mapping, I dont do textures, and I do hardly any animating. It was the same way when I did work for Eidos and Pandemic. Im trying to build a "staff" here. A team where were all get credit in the release. I want to include other modders in the community to be included. This is their game too and they all deserve to be reconized. I intend to do that. Help people become reconized and well liked. Just ask Majin Revan. People in his file comments said how he went froma copy paste steal and slap my name on the side modder, to a respected modeller of a popular dl. I want to do the same for other people. That is my goal here and Im going to start including people in all of my releases if I can.

ok kman, im not that good of a modeler? well heres some models ive made for my job. you can find them at metlgrafix.com a company based here in town.

pirana.jpg

Hummer2.jpg

Here in Huntsville we are the center for balistic missle defense. So we have a very large military workforce here. Most modeling jobs here are for military contractors and company products. This is the noramal kind of modeling I do (highpoly), for movies, military demonstarations, and attack senarios. Low poly modeling for JKA is just something I do in my past time. Just to let you know. I got more stuff I can show if anyone wants to see it...not to mention I have a degree in CAIV (Computer Aided Imaging and Visualization) and a Degree in CADD (Computer Aided Drafting and Design). CAIV is strickty modeling and animation plus you have to make your own movies for cthe class. CADD is building accurate specs and blue prints from anything from skyscrapers, to gasgets on a Los Angeles class Nuclear Submarine. I got my degrees at Virginia College In Huntsville and Birmingham.

So lets see some of your work Kman. Im sure you have some stuff to show as well.

btw your friends site is pretty nice, but his vehicles are....not very realistic looking. They look like they were really made out of clay. Clay modeling is a thing of the past. We use moding programs now.

Oh and Im sure Kman knows the answer to my IK question. Hes a great modeler.

And Pahcrica this is the type of modeling that sets amature from master. Accuracy and to Scale modeling under stict military protocols.

Oh and another thing Pal, I challenge you to do a better job skinng then me. Choose any of the models Ive released and give it a reskin. Post it on pcgamemods in exactly one week.

A better skinning job eh? I'll have a try at it then. You're on. :xp:

Archived