Home

New WIP's

hatrus

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

banning on any forum server or game is what cowards do. only a coward would try to ban someone. a person that is respectable takes what they get and keeps goung despite other people. banning is just like throwing your credit card bill in the garbage instead of paying it. its one of the biggest insults you could do to yourself. unfortunatly i know people that would do it in a heartbeat. but no one here.

I find it hard to understand why people keep questioning Hatrus's skill, hes doing a terrific job, and has the experiance needed to undertake making so many of these vehicles.

Jedi Academy could sure use his vehicles to add some POW to the game, and it would sure as hell be a good idea to welcome his work and not accuse him of stealing or any other put down comments. He is doing this for free and on his own time.

im mostly intrested in Kmans credentials since he talks down to me all the time. Funny thing is Ive never once said he was a bad modeler, and when ever I mention his modeling its complements or stating how I think is is a good modeler, and I believe he is. I just wish he could share the same profesional curtisy to a fellow modeler. Hes put me down since he first posted on one of my threads. Im trying to do something constructive here, but he cant help but say something rude or isulting about it.

I still am very intrested in his credentials and some of his work he has done for the socalled gaming company he says he works for. WHat was their name again? I want to look them up.

...why are we comparing Kman and Hatrus? Is it really necessary? This is JA, a GAME, not some sort of competition. I always thought mods were made to enhance and make a game more FUN. I dont think fighting about who is a better modeller is going to get anywhere. Why don't all of you just settle down for now, and perhaps we can get on to what this thread is really about.

If this sort of behavior continues, then it's just going to become a flame war about who is a better modeller. Okay, Hatrus' skins aren't perfect, but does it really matter? It doesn't matter if you've made 10,000 models or just one; or if they are awesome or they suck. All that matters is that you're at lest making models, and making JA a much better game.

Come on, people, there is absolutely no need for an argument here. You don't need to compare two good modelers. Just...make JA a better game.

Kman is a great modeler; Hatrus is a great modeler. I dont care if either one makes the best model in the community, or another makes a simple square. There is always room for IMPROVEMENT.

This whole "where are your credentials thing" is just plain annoying. I'm not on Hatrus' or Kman's side; I think everyone is at fault on this one. Now come on, lets not start another flame war. There have already been enough of those.

yeah well then Kman will post saying he is going to stop intentionally giving me feedback that he knoes withh hurt me or make me mad. and you skins need work is not waht im talking about. im talking about the you suck and your a bad modeler part. i havent once told anyone here that they are bad or not good. it astounds me to know that someone would have the audacity to tell somone infront of his peers that he is not good. id rater get called every name in vulgar liberary.

YOURE STILL NOT GETTING THE POINT

It DOESN'T MATTER what Kmans job is. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THREAD.

To be honest, I think this thread needs to be locked right now. If hatrus or Kman or any other modeler wants to show a WIP, start a new thread. From now on, in a showcase forum, only post work and/or suggestions. If you really, really insist on POINTLESSLY ARGUING ABOUT IT, DONT DO IT HERE.

Hatrus, you can start a new thread that will hopefully experience less of this crap. These arguments and flame wars are really starting to GET OLD.

Like I said, this isn't Hatrus' fault. It's not Kman's fault either. All of you who took part in this are responsible. Posting "credentials" will not get anywhere. Do it SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Why dont we just forget that this ever happened, lock this thread, and star over before another frikkin' flame war begins again. I'm not saying I'm any better than anyone at modeling; hell, I dont know sh*t about the subject.

We dont need apologies, credentials, whatever. Everyone is at fault. LETS FORGET ABOUT THIS AND MOVE ON.

DarkLord Trooper, I dont know why your even posting, but you are just adding to the flame. Plus also these little posts are causing him to loose alot of time for modeling. He could probally have atleast 5 new vehicles out by now if he didnt have to go through with this. So no one better no post some stupid junk unless its K-Man with his credentials or a new WIP from Hatrus. So it does matter what you wanna say, just let it be!

the reason we want to see KMans credentials his cause he continually implies that he has more knowlege and experience at modeling then I do, by the way he talks to me as if he were an authority and I were a student. I want to see his credentials, cause if he has better ones then me then I will back down and let him do what he wants. But.......the good part comes now......if, he dosent, well its obvious what that means, plus he wont be able to talk down to me, nor criticsise my work. And the neat thing is, it dosent matter if hes better at game modeling then me. I have certified education, therefore I make comments on his work. Even if he posts some witty reply like he dosent have to listen to me or doesnt care. People will know who to listen to when it come to information and opinion.

To be honest I didnt want to have to take it this far. But this picking on me is gonna stop. He ought to know by now he's not gonna affect my selfesteme or get me to admit to anything I havent already admitted to. He can be a real jerd and be very crude and low in his posts. He always talks down to people. He will continue to post a "hobbie modeler's" opinion instead of this boardcertified crap he talks like. Then he will leave me alone and I can continue uninterrupted.

and i dont care who is the best at jka modeling. it could be him or it could be me. he probably has done it longer then I have, but I want him to respect me as a equal and not an underling. THe best way to humble him is from him to see that he is not all that he makes himself out to be.

uhh...kman models, uvw maps, and textures his models most of the time. and when he does, its quality. so, i don't know what you're on about. if you check out his polycount cottage you will be amazed.

its funny how you talk about him, when he puts time into his projects before they're released. ie, quality textures, work that HE made. whatever, like i know what i'm talking about. :eek:

Oh I See here you implying that Im a theif!? Ill get to that later. But for now scroll up and look at the two renders I posted. Thoes, took time. Mostly cause they are actually worth money. If JKA could handle models like that....

And I dont ever remember seeing anything that Kman released.

LOL your right hellfire jedi you dont know what your talking about. We are talking about two different people here. They both come from different backgrouds. One does different model's then each other. Also like I have said before there is no book of rules for modeling in JA and states that a modeler does not have to UVW map there model for the sake of the ppl wanting to skin it. If they was smart enough then they would figure out how to skin it, rather then complaining about it over and over again. And going to the poly counts. All of Hatrus' stuff has been fine, so you cant complain about that. Hatrus is a pro and can make vehicles within days and releases them cause he fills like that he has done all that he can for them. He has said that a million times now. Why dont you people start reading what other people are saying. Then you might know what is going on and wouldnt be complaining about something that has already been said.

uvw mapping is something they initally developed for things like games. it reduces memory and the number of invidual texture files. if you goto any site where other pro models post their work, you wont fins one with a uvw mapped skin. we dont have time for that silly stuff. People can learn how to skin using individual textures. Plus the textures I use look really good on high poly models, like above, but not on these jka models cause they dont have enough modeled detail. In high poly modeling you dont need skins like these to show detail. So im used to doing things that way. Hopefully I can learn how make skins that have all the details a model would usually have. I mean jka models are shocking if you think about it. I mean the definitive numbers for low poly are anywhere from 5,000 to 20,000. 21,000 to 500,000 is high poly. And the cities with cars and working lights that I have helped consturct in the past are over 5 million. Thats super high poly! That LAV Vehicle up there, just the armor plating and rivits are more then 20,000. And you want me to make something that is 2,000? Heck no, Im one for detail. 4,000 to 8,000 are my limits and this game engine cna handle it fine. My PC can handle way beyond that models. People need to get off their lazy asses and go buy a faster computer.

Look, if I offended anyone like hatrus or Zappa w/ my posts, I aplogize. I didn't mean to sound like such an arse in my post. I just dont want this to go the wrong way. I've seen lots of promising projects go bad before, just because of threads like this. I don't know how to model at all; all I have is some mediocre mapping skills. Again, sorry for my somewhat-rude posts back there. I just hope that this doesn't get out of hand. This forum's had enough of that before.

darklordtrooper, I think your post is well intentioned. But I also think Hatrus has a right to be offended (not meaning you) at the negativity that follows him around like a pack of rabid dogs. Kman is a moderator in this forum. Being a moderator assumes that you have some sort of social or debating skill. The arrogance and rudeness displayed in his original criticism is unnecessary no matter how valid his intended points might have been. This is a trait in his personality that has been exhibited as long as I can remember. If an individual has any modeling skill at all, it would lead one to believe that he is capable of processing logical thoughts. It is healthy for talented people to have some sort of professional rivalry. It is also healthy for anyone, no matter what level of skill, to take pride in their work. Hatrus obviously enjoys what he is doing. The downloaders obviously benefit from his work. He is no better than anyone either, nor has he said so.

Ok moving on.....

I have a new project Im about to start on. Someone in comments of one of the DL's on pcgm gave a link to this fantastic site. I will be making a 16 count Tie Series package that will use Ravens Tie fighters and skins as base models and textures, so it wont have skins any worse then Ravens.

Tie "Avenger" Advanced - Custom Deepspace Fighter

Tie Defender - Custom Deepspace Fighter

Tie Droid - Droid Autonomy Fighter

Tie Electronic Warfare - Tie Bomber Refit

Tie Expimental M1 - Expimental Tie Fighter Design M1

Tie Ground Targeting - Tie Fighter Refit

Tie Hammer Bomber - Custom Tie Bomber

Tie Heavy Bomber Advanced - Tie Bomber Refit

Tie Interdictor - Tie Bomber Refit

Tie Lone Scout - Tie Avanced x1 Refit

Tie Phantom - Custom Short Range Fighter

Tie Predator - Custom Short Range Fighter

Tie Raptor - Custom Short Range Fighter

Tie Shuttlecraft - Tie BOmber Refit

Tie Stealth - Custom Deepspace Reconnaissance Fighter

Tie Torpedo Bomber - Custom Tie Bomber

Tie Vanguard - Tie Fighter Refit

Here is a lonk to the site so you can see these radical designs for yourself!

http://galactic-voyage.com/Dark%20Side-Starfighters.htm

Another update!

Me and MAnquesa are working on a Animated B-WIng and an Animated Sentinel Landing Craft. Manquesa is giving the B-Wing a reskin and I tried skinning the shuttle with the Raven Lambda skin. I think it looks better then the other **** skins I do. We will have screenshots soon.

I also want to just say that waorking with Manquesa and having him answer questions about modeling for this game, well I wouldnt ahve been able to release any vehicles without his help. And certainly dont forget Keshire. Hes spent hours answering vital questions. I also wouldnt have done it without him either!

Archived