Home

What did they look like when they lived?

VampireNaomi

I'm sure we have all wondered what Manny and the rest looked like with skin, right? Well, why don't we talk about that for a change, and perhaps post pictures of actors and friends who we think resemble some characters?

I'll start with Nick. When I saw Julian McMahon in TV several days ago I couldn't help but think that he looked just like Nick. Take a look:

piccyjul.jpg

However, a bit later my mom made me watch one of her favourite series. I don't really know what it was about, but the main character was a lawyer called Nick. He also looked like what I had imagined him to be like. See:

piccysim.jpg

And you know what? The actor, Simon Baker, will be in a new movie called "Land of the Dead". Quite a coincidence, eh? ;)

So, after reading my little rant you can either say which actor you think is the best Nick, start talking about who looks like some other character, or tell me that I have no life if I find enough time to talk about something like this. Go on!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW great idea..never thought about that.

Man if this is coincidence...it cant be just that.

I dont know who could look-a-like Manny or Salvador, for example ;) I will think about that. The only thing I imagine while talking about Sal with skin is his voice actor in grimE. It one nice possibility of how he could look like... same for Manny ;)

Shame on me I dont know the names ...I could look on the page...^^

Yeah...nice thread by the way ;)

*curious* Who is Peter Lorre? I better go and find pictures.

Ooh! It's Ugarte! :D Now I will remember that actor's name forever. You know, when I posted my previous post I knew someone would suggest Lorre. Ah, I just watched Casablanca again two days ago. And that reminds me...

Only Claude Rains could be Bogan:

mmnet_530fbd9b0f7a.jpeg

This idea of searching for actors that might resemble one of the GF characters is very...well it takes a lot of time.

I got a beter idea, you all know about those Discovery shows when those guys find a skull they make a copy and starts adding skin n' hair n' stff, well think of a realistic image of any GF character and do what those guys do and...okay, I just realised how stupid my idea was so I'm just going to stop now.

Originally posted by VampireNaomi

*curious* Who is Peter Lorre? I better go and find pictures.

Well, Peter Lorre was in Casablanca as well. He was the guy who counterfeited passports early on in the film, much like Charlie. In fact, it's most likely he's the basis for the character. He had the bulgey eyes and he kind of looked like a chihuahua.

Maybe somebody with some spare time could make some fan-art with the various characters in a life-like form. It wouldn't have to necessarily be realistic.

Once I've got some spare time from college (much more time demanding than I thought it would be this year) to get back to work on the GFN, I'll probably add a special section for this. If nobody else is interested, I'll make some myself. :)

Originally posted by Thrik

Maybe somebody with some spare time could make some fan-art with the various characters in a life-like form. It wouldn't have to necessarily be realistic.

Rei Nokato (an excellent fanfic author who I've been trying to lure to these forums) is drawing a picture of living Domino. She already sent me a list of his hair colour, body built etc. to make sure we had the same ideas.

I've been trying to draw living Olivia for a while now, but I haven't had much success. All I can draw is anime style, and that doesn't really suit GF characters.

Originally posted by VampireNaomi

I've been trying to draw living Olivia for a while now, but I haven't had much success. All I can draw is anime style, and that doesn't really suit GF characters.

Show us Olivia ;)

Couldt find her on your site ;) Oh you mentoid James and me, thanks =)

Anime is always good ;)

I was watching the Maltese Falcone again, and I realised that Sydney Greenstreet (Kasper Gutman, The Fatman; And also starred on Casablanca as Ferrari) is similar to Max, and his character on Casablanca looks like Hector.

Picture: http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/40/56/12m.jpg

Also there are some similarities between H.Bogart and Manny.

http://i.imdb.com/mptv1.gif

the croupier on Rick's Café looks like the one on Calavera café.

Originally posted by El Virus

Although Humphrey is taller, but still they aren't so different.

(By the way the links I posted before can't be viewed, just go to the main page.)

I always got the impression that Bogart was pretty short. He had to stand on bricks or something like that in Casablanca so that Ingrid Bergman wouldn't look taller (even though she was).

JofaGuht: Hey, she's excellent too. Now I can't decide which I like more. I mean, just look at this picture of Stephanie:

I'm so like Olivia!

• 2 weeks later...

The other day, I was watching "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", a very old show, on the Retro channel, when I noticed that on an episode, they found a city under the sea, that city is very similar to the border of the world, as well as the submarine, has anybody seen that episode?

Archived