Home

What did they look like when they lived?

VampireNaomi

VampireNaomi: Yes I am a fan of the beatniks and I'm impressed that you knew! Unfortunately It's been a long time since I've last played and I can't remember which one is which. I can't find out either because I'm living overseas at the moment and don't have GF with me. Oh well! Maybe elbiolin could do the bartender in my avatar hehe.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info and link about the poems VampireNaomi.

About the beatniks I realized they are seven. The waiter, Slisko (the yellow one), Alexi (the pink), Gunnar (Blue), plus three women: green, pink and violet.

Now there're ten beatniks at the Blue Casket. The reason: Alexi is reapeted three more times there.

The original Beatniks:

48lz4uw.jpg

My Beatniks:

2hd2wip.jpg

And for Shuz the Beat Waiter:

47xjgyf.jpg

Plus Maximino for Achronos:

2j3s0uh.jpg

And finally Toto Santos for VampireNaomi:

2s81q1c.jpg

I agree with you Charie. Eva is my favourite illustration together with Chepito and Raoul.

Toto reminds me of Willem Dafoe, VampireNaomi - the actor who made the Goblin on Spiderman, for example.

Slisko sounds black to me, Shuz. But I'm not too sure about it anyway.

Those beatniks, I don't like them very much. I was pretty tired when I did them.

I like Maximino better. I was fresh in the morning.

I can't see why the angelitos should be a problem because of their wings and yes I did Raoul, the french waiter, Terracentral. Try page two of this thread and you could see it.

Toto reminds me of Willem Dafoe, VampireNaomi - the actor who made the Goblin on Spiderman, for example.

That's it! You're absolutely right! Another thing Toto reminded me of is a villain called Pretorius from The Mask cartoon. Anyone know that?

Anyway, I too can't see the angelitos being a problem. They didn't have wings when they were alive, so...

Achrono: I guess they've done them with skin before turning them to skulls. That's it.

The game is full of sterotypes too. Like Maximino as Vito Corleone, or the french waiter like some kind of sissy, or the rest of characters taken from Casablanca.

It all helps.

I remember the bad guy from The Mask, VampireNomi. He shaped the mask related to his personality, taking more square edges than Jim Carrey's character.

It makes me think of some bad guys from the Marvel comics too.

Thanks b0abi Wan!

Me, inspiring? That's not bad. Look for Guadalupe Posada's work for inspiration if you have a broadband connection. That's better.

Absolutely excellent work elbiolin. You've done a great job of capturing the souls of the characters, not to mention the skin. Would you mind if I included these in the eventual museum-style Grim Fandango Network renovations? Most of the fan art is so old that seeking permission isn't really an option, but since you're alive and kicking I'd better be sure to get your courtesy! :)

Do Carla! Shes hot.

Yeah try Carla. "Shes hot."? lol

Oh yeah Thrik I finally understand what your avatar is. I always thought it was 2 worms until I finished Secret of Monkey Island the other day... haha. Yeah. I just felt that needed to be said.

Archived