Home

What did they look like when they lived?

VampireNaomi

Here there is a cover box that I did for a fake ad with skinny characters.

It's still a work in progress but enough to show, I guess:

6g3ri52.jpg

And this is a screenshot from a sepia version for GF Network:

61wfz83.jpg

have you introduced this to any game companies?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

plus elbiolin just mentioned he/she is working for Powerful Robot Games. This kind of stuff can catch a game companies eye when they are looking through a portfolio, and may even strike up a conversation like "Oh I LOVED Grim Fandango!"

Hence the moral of the story, MAKE MORE GF FAN ART!

• 2 months later...

In our media studies classroom there is a casablanca poster, although i have never seen the film, i can relate all the characters to someone from grim fandango.

Hold on ill see if i can find it..

EDIT: Here it is

untitledgwae.jpg

From Top Left to Bottom Right: Police Cheif Bogan, Hector, Domino, Sal, Haha Glottis, Meche, Manny.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for posting your artwork, elbiolin! Your interpretations of what they looked like when they were alive are absolutely amazing.

I'd like to ask for your permission for something: may I please use some of your GF fanart for icons and such over at LiveJournal? I would give full credit to you. Rest assured that anything featuring your art would be tagged/watermarked to identify that YOU were in fact the one who created them.

I just edited my previous post. Since you haven't seen the movie, you can try and guess if you get which character is being referred to. It's so much fun to spot bits that GF borrowed from Casablanca.

Charlie?

Either that or Ren from Ren and Stimpy.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, it's been a long time! Yesterday I was updating my blog and found some Grim Fandango pics in an old CD to upload and today I heard about GF remaster for PS4 and came here to look for those pencil illustrations I did some years ago.

I don't know, there's too much to say. It amazes me that VampireNaomi, like she says, still has my drawings and also, for those who said "nobody's interested on old games", I've been on three diferent videogame companies since then and I'm on the fourth now. Nobody saw coming games on mobile devices and a love for pixel art and flash social games back then. So it was a surprise for me too.

Anyway, just beacuse of the nature of this thread I'll let you with the link to my blog just in case you wanted to see something of the work that I was doing on the last years.

Take care! :)

http://elbiolin.wordpress.com/

Archived