Home

SW:Battlefront Highlight Action Video

grep

Originally posted by sup3rsnail

I'm still not fully convinced...

When I look at this game, I see Galactic Conquest.

Not even close, in my opinion... Valiant effort by that mod team and I give them all the credit in the world, but the mod just doesn't stack up to SWBF.

Originally posted by thejeditraitor

someone please decribe it. i hope it's not mine. what kind of music is it?

Of course its not yours.. because I made it! Download the video and you'll hear the music.

I made this the 2nd day the game came out for people who were still undecided if they wanted to buy the game or not, just to give them a gamer's perspective of the in game action.

Originally posted by Barcrest

How did you guys grab this movie? Did you have to use TV out and video it first then capture it back? Sorry for being a bit dumb here.

Not being dumb at all, bro... There are a couple of free programs out on the internet that can capture video and audio of your favorite games. Fraps is one of them and the one I mostly use. Fraps is designed as a generic tool for DirectX and OpenGL games.

And there is also GameCam, which has more features than Fraps, but I find it to be a little more difficult to use and many of the "cool" features does not come with the free download. You have to pay for all the good stuff, I guess.

In any event, you would then need some type of Video editing program. I use Sony Vegas 5, but for those that do not want to spend that type of money, you certainly can use Windows Movie Maker that comes free with XP, I think.. or you can simply download the latest version at microsoft.com.

One thing I would like to mention that if you are going to attempt to make your own movie and if you are going to use Fraps, be sure you have alot of hard drive space, because each video you capture is captured as a .avi. Depending on the resolution you set in capturing your video, even some of the shortest clips can surpass a gig!

I plan on making a few more videos for this game and if LucasArts ever releases a mod development kit, you can really do some nice scripted sequences and scenes. There are a ton of movies for BF42 and BFV, some are well done.. they are actually like mini-movies!

Oh yeah, thanks to all the nice compliments on this movie... it could've been alot better, but I was anxious to get it out almost like the 2nd day I had the game!

Thanks for that, i have got FRAPS now. It's really cool but my system is just to slow to run it :( I was going to use footage from the film and the game to recreate the hoth battle but i guess i can't now. Oh well the movies you guys made are cool.

Thanks again for you help

BB

Archived