Home

Episode III Planet in Star Wars Battlefront *SPOILERS*

NBAD

When they said epIII planet, I thought they were going to give us something new.

Given ashyyyk has never been seen in the movies but it is hardly brand new. It has been in the EU a fair bit.

After seeing Kashyyyk in the maps, its a lot more tropical than I thought it was. Also its huge trees don't seem to be as prevaliant. I suppose both of them could be due to the location of the maps on the coast.

The trees were suppossed to be even bigger than the ones on endor with the interconnecting branches and platforms, could make a very different and very 3d map, might be soemthing for the community.

Still, its got me excited about seeing it in the new movie.

I really love the way Kashyyyk was portrayed in KOTOR. That was much closer to the way it has been depicted in the expanded universe.

In the EU it is explained that part of the reason why the wookies lived so high up in the trees is because there are some major Wookie predators that live on the ground. I really hope Episode 3 doesn't have Kashyyyk set up like the way it is in Battlefront. IMO I find the two Kashyyyk levels in the game the most boring!

I'm pretty sure they based Kashyyk in this game on how it's going to be in EPIII. Unfortunately, the way it will be in the movie is nothing like it is everywhere else.

I think I read somewhere, actually, it may have been a nightmare, that when designing kashyyk for episode three, they went to the first, best, only source they could find. The Star Wars Holiday Special.

BUM BUM BUUUUMM!!!!!

Originally posted by JawaJoey

I think I read somewhere, actually, it may have been a nightmare, that when designing kashyyk for episode three, they went to the first, best, only source they could find. The Star Wars Holiday Special.

BUM BUM BUUUUMM!!!!!

As horrible as that special was (and believe me horrible is way too nice of a word), they did live up in the trees and as far as the planet itself goes, it was pretty close to how the EU has it set up (Of course we can do without lumpy, Itchy, Mala, and that whole life day crap!!!)

I also heard that Lucas tried to get every copy of the holiday special destroyed!! Can you blame him? I can't

Originally posted by KvanCetre

I wouldn't be suprised to see Rhen Var in Episode 3 as well, it was in the Clone Wars cartoon series

Rhen Var was NOT in the Clone Wars Cartoon! That ice planet was called "Ilum". Perhaps you remember Yoda saying "To Ilum we must go!" I taped all of the episodes of the clone wars micro series and trust me it is called Ilum...not Rhen Var! Go to the Star Wars page and read the episode 15 plot summary yourself.

http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/m...chapter/15.html

But in case you don't feel like clicking on the link here it is....

"Padmé's head of security, Captain Typho, believes that going to Ilum is too dangerous. He tries to convince Yoda not to go, but the ancient Jedi Master is committed to rescuing Luminara Unduli and Barris Offee. Once the ship lands on Ilum, Yoda sets out in the snow, alone. To enter the sacred cave, he must first defeat a battalion of droids."

Episode 15 and 16 of the Clone wars cartoon series were the only episode where they visted an ice planet and that planet was called Ilum.

Now regarding Rhen Var, that was the ice planet that Ulic Qel-Droma exiled himself on. This was in the "Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi" comic series from Dark Horse (Redemption # 2) I have the comic.

Click on the link below and read the synopsis for issue 2. It mentions Rhen Var.

http://www.wheelon.com/comics/redemption.htm

Rhen Var will not be in the Next Star Wars movie. It is an EU (extended universe) planet and Lucas has said time and again that he doesn't acknowledge the extended universe (with the exception of Mara Jade). He will create any planets he needs on his own. Besides I have read the spoilers and the script, tere is no ice planet in Episode III

Originally posted by Iceman_IX

Yes, I'm disappointed with Kashyyk as well. We want to see more high trees. It's rather tropical (vines, etc.) but I want to see larger trees! Canopies. Wookiees don't live on the ground.

Wookies live in the trees ??? Thought that was just Ewoks ?

Originally posted by JediGreenLizard

Wookies live in the trees ??? Thought that was just Ewoks ?

Although Ewoks live in the trees, they hunt and venture on the ground with little or no problems. But when it is said Wookiees live in the trees, it is meant that they fully live in the trees and never actually touch the ground. According to the EU the trees of Kashyyyk are extremely dense and are kilometers high. Nobody ventures into the lower levels because down below are predators that the Wookiees call "The dangers", which crave wookiee blood.

Wow, GL dismissing star wars stuff he didn't write, that's never happened before :p

Its a pitty, while some of the EU is tripe, most of it is very good stuff.... Like the movies.

Heh yeh, and if wookiees are afriad of those predators, just imagine what those same predators could do to a 'oomie. :p

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny how everyone thibks Kashyyk is the Ep III map when its really Rhen Var. Cause i've played on kashyyk in KOTOR, and several other games. But i've never seen Rhen Var anywhere else. I'm positive its Rhen Var cause on the SWBF official site it says Ep III planet coming soon on Sept. 20. The next day on the tab that said Ep III planet coming soon it said RHEN VAR. So I know for certain its Rhen Var:D.

Originally posted by Flaming Dart

It's funny how everyone thibks Kashyyk is the Ep III map when its really Rhen Var. Cause i've played on kashyyk in KOTOR, and several other games. But i've never seen Rhen Var anywhere else. I'm positive its Rhen Var cause on the SWBF official site it says Ep III planet coming soon on Sept. 20. The next day on the tab that said Ep III planet coming soon it said RHEN VAR. So I know for certain its Rhen Var:D.

Kashyyyk is going to be in Episode three THAT IS A CONFIRMED FACT! A lot of us have read spoilers and parts of the script (I have actually read several versions and revisions of ep III scripts) and already know this. It has been announced well over a year ago by many news sources (AP being one of them, AND the Official Star Wars site being another) that Chewbacca will be in EP III along with the rest of the Wookiee race because a good portion of the story takes place on Kashyyyk. THere are even pictures of a bunch of the Wookiees on the EP III set in "Star Wars Insider" magazine a few months back.

There is no Ice planet in Ep III. If there were it would not be Rhen Var! Rhen Var is an Expanded universe planet and George Lucas has stated time and again in various interviews that with the exception of Mara Jade he doesn't acknowledge the Expanded Universe. Simple as that. He will create any planets he needs on his own. If you never have heard of Rhen Var before it is simply because you are not well versed in the expanded universe. If you want more info on Rhen Var you can look at my previous post under this topic and click on the links that I have provided

So you can speculate all you want. But bottom line...Kashyyyk WITHOUT A DOUBT will be in EP III. That is a fact! So do the math, Kashyyyk is in ep 3/ Kashyyyk is in SWBF. There is your EP III planet!

Originally posted by LoQ

Kashyyyk is going to be in Episode three THAT IS A CONFIRMED FACT! A lot of us have read spoilers and parts of the script (I have actually read several versions and revisions of ep III scripts) and already know this. It has been announced well over a year ago by many news sources (AP being one of them, AND the Official Star Wars site being another) that Chewbacca will be in EP III along with the rest of the Wookiee race because a good portion of the story takes place on Kashyyyk. THere are even pictures of a bunch of the Wookiees on the EP III set in "Star Wars Insider" magazine a few months back.

There is no Ice planet in Ep III. If there were it would not be Rhen Var! Rhen Var is an Expanded universe planet and George Lucas has stated time and again in various interviews that with the exception of Mara Jade he doesn't acknowledge the Expanded Universe. Simple as that. He will create any planets he needs on his own. If you never have heard of Rhen Var before it is simply because you are not well versed in the expanded universe. If you want more info on Rhen Var you can look at my previous post under this topic and click on the links that I have provided

So you can speculate all you want. But bottom line...Kashyyyk WITHOUT A DOUBT will be in EP III. That is a fact! So do the math, Kashyyyk is in ep 3/ Kashyyyk is in SWBF. There is your EP III planet!

I never said Kashyyk wouldn't be in Ep 3 but Rhen Var could be too, and what does what you said have to do with math?When the movie comes out and Rhen Var isn't in it you can laugh in my face but until then. No one knows for sure. They could resciript everthing too. So you never know.

Originally posted by Flaming Dart

No one knows for sure. They could resciript everthing too. So you never know.

You obviously don't know much about film making. With six months remaining I can assure you that they won't be "rescripting everything". With the exception of some pickups etc, most of the main shooting has already been completed. They are now in post.

Look I have friends in the industry. A few of them actually work for ILM. This is how i have seen some of the script revisions. Other script versions are online if you look hard enough. THERE IS NO ICE PLANET in EP III. Kashyyyk is the EP III planet in the game. Argue all you want.

Besides if Rhen Var was in the movie (and it isn't) wouldn't it be a better selling point for the game to say that it features "TWO Ep III PLANETS"(as in plural)?

yes chewie is in ep 3 along with a whole buttload of wookiees. and the cool thing is chewie is the smallest one!

i have some (er) exclusive pics of the wookiees. i could email them to to anyone who wants them but you can't post them on the internet.

Archived