Home

Lock up after Select Player Screen

stopthinktwice

My system locks up after I select the player and hit OK. I have updated sound, video, and Directx, I also disabled all background programs. Running a P4 2.0 512MB ram, video is Geforce 3 Ti 200 with 128 Mb, also have SB Live 5.1 card. I have tried several re-installs and the new patch, still no luck, any suggestions. Thanks, STH.

Try to login to your profile automaticly, make a shortcut to battlefront.exe, put the C:\(...)\battlefront.exe between "

(so "c:\(...)\battlefront.exe" )

and after the last " add +name yourprofilename

for example

"c:\(...)\battlefront.exe" +name alegis

in the "target" field of the shortcut

Thanks for the input, I tried but no luck. I have to CTRL AlT DEL to get out of the game each and every time, the process menu of Task Manager shows that BF is causing my CPU to operate at 100% with a Comit Charge of around 380/1249M, my system is a P4 2.0 with 512MB Ram, and I have tried disabling Norton but still no success. Any other guidance would be appreciated, STH.

I am having the same problem...P4, 1.8Ghz, 512MB RAM, GeForce 4 Ti 4600 card w/128MB, Soundblaster Live 5.1 sound card.

Contacted tech support via phone - they said they've "never seen" my type of problem before? Hello!

Also emailed tech support with my dxdiag file...tried multiple fixes, still no solution. I have NO other problems with any of the games on my system....just this one!

Instead of automatically select your profile, try removing the movies in the background by adding "/nomovies" instead of "+name [profile]" to the end of the target box.

It sounds like the problem might be the Soundblaster 5.1. Try updating drivers for it, removing it temporarily, or lowering hardware acceleration for sound in dxdiag.

Same thing here - no go. I have the latest drivers for SB Live 5.1. STT, go to http://www.creativelabs.com and they have an automatic update system for their soundcards. I checked on their site and my system has the latest driver.

I've had multiple exchanges with tech support, all of which have failed at this time. If anything changes, I'll be sure to post it here.

STT - have you submitted a report to LA tech support yet?

No I have not. I will submit this info, do you have an email that I can send it to. I too have the latest SB driver, so no luck there, maybe this is an NVIDIA problem that will require a newer driver. I've tried both the latest for Detonator and Forceware with no luck. I will post if I find a fix, STH.

Hi everyone!

I purchased SWB yesterday. The installation was flawless. So was the patch application. All test results were perfect, including DirectX (9.0c). I have a Pentium IV, 1.4, 512 RAMBUS, nVidia GeForce FX 5200 - latest drives - 128MB - 30GB free of HD - well - everything!

But, when I click "Play SWB", after ALL the ads, it appears a screen with the revolving planets, with the word BACK on the lower left corner, and THAT'S IT! I cannot do anything! I move the mouse ok, but I can't click on the BACK button! It looks like a screensaver!

The "select player" screen never appeared! I tried reinstalling it 3 times!

What's going on? Is it a problem with the software? Why? please contact me! thank you!

Well... it seems my problem was related to my wireless keyboard. I disconnected it momentarily, started the game, waited for the Profile screen, and connected it again. Worked perfectly. I still want to know what is the conflict, however!

Thanks again for all the replies!

Carlos

Archived