Home

Slow Down Game, Players move too fast

Too fast? What planet are you from. In combat, the speed is perfect, and at it's worst, it might be a little too fast. But every time I'm not in a fight, all I can think about is "I wish there was a sprint key." Standard travel on foot is annoyingly slow.

I don't see how you could want things to move slower.

The multi player games do seem like a quake/UT frag fest. I think the problem is to avoid lag there are normally only a few players on a server so the fighting gets very concentrated into a small part of the map. Usually around CP's and then it's all just straffing and circling just like quake or UT. Even if the players moved slower i think it would still be the same, apart from the open maps where it would a battle of the snipers.

I don't find a problem with the characters' speed at all.

What I don't like is the slow lasers!!! I would think lasers would be faster. They are in the movies.

In most cases I have to lead my targets with lasers. Even in most other first person games, like BF1943 at least the bullets are pretty much instant.

Also, it seems there aren't any fast repeating weapons like machine guns.

I wish the weapons were faster that's all.

Erin

IMHO, the speed for pc is just perfect. I'd be less surprised if the consoles were the ones too fast.

The only thing I would find too fast, are the swoop bikes. They are almost useless, constantly needing to tab forward to avoid crashing into a tree. And if you are on good speed and turn, you face downwards to the ground. Even R2D2 :c3po: understands that it makes no sense.

Originally posted by Stingray

The only thing I would find too fast, are the swoop bikes. They are almost useless, constantly needing to tab forward to avoid crashing into a tree. And if you are on good speed and turn, you face downwards to the ground. Even R2D2 :c3po: understands that it makes no sense.

the speeders in episode 6 were amazingly fast, to the point that you thought to yourself "how the f do they steer that thing??" so i guess its staying true to the movie.:jawa

The speed is fine. It is nowhere close to UT or Quake speeds.

The map sizes are fine, I hate BF1942 and taking forever to get somewhere.

The idea of this game is big SW battles and all the mass mayhem involved, IMHO, they succeeded in doing so.

I do wish the lazers were faster, twice the speed at least. It just feels weird to see lazers go so slow.

Well I agree with the first poster. If I'd wanted to play Quake I'd went out an bought Quake.

The speed should be toned down, not much but a little to encourage smart usage of terrain and a more tactical oriented playing style instead of running/jumping around and spraying.

However I guess this game will meet tha same fate as JO/JA. Destroyed and in the end nothing more than a Quake mod.

I'm going to add my agreement that the speed is silly.

It feels like you can almost outrun lasers at times. Playing on maps like Temple its a matter of who strafes and jumps the best with the least amount of lag wins. It's so bad it is almost comical.

On maps like Hoth its a bit better because there is some room to manuever, but it's plain stupid to see soldiers rolling around on the ground like little cannonballs to avoid laser fire... back and forth, back and forth. And then once you get inside you see a bunch of idiots hopping, strafing and shooting rockets into the ground to kill their opponents.

I think the development team would do well to study the movement rate and squad level tactics that take place in games like America's Army (which is free, btw).

I had to sit back and laugh the other day as several people watched this little ball of chaos in a close quarter map and all began chatting saying, "You know what... this is lame."

Bunny hopping, left and right tumbling and five second flight paths from one end of the map to the other were not what I was expecting when I purchased this game (nor the lame and incomplete server browser and menus).

The gameplay would be greatly improved if runspeeds were toned down (especially backwards and side to side and if people could not roll sideways as fast as they run).

Originally posted by eeyore

I find that the lower the fps the more it seems like people are warping or going "faster." At higher fps more of the action is drawn making it seem smoother.

I don't se were you're going with your statement. Higher fps doesn't mean that the gameplay has to be faster paced.

A faster paced gameplay however, needs a better internet connection to keep up with the information shuffled back and forth. In fact toning down the max speed of the infantry units and speeder bikes might actually improve the experience both from a gaming point of view as well as from a technical one(Less lag and warping).

I wish we could be able to make the games longer in multiplay... Right now, they end way to short... Sometimes only three or four minutes... I was hoping the online games would be like BFV and take 20-30 sometimes to play. How many times do you join a battle and it ends in like 20 seconds... Then takes another 2 minutes to join the next map... Something needs to be done about fast multiplayer games... More reinforcements or at time clock counting down would be great... OR have it like BFV and have it count down by spawn spots controlled... anything than just 150-250 reinforcements....

A buddy of mine complained of the same thing. He said the speed was much faster than BF42. I totally looked at him funny and asked "Are you out of your mind?". I then started up BF42 and had him play it to prove my point. We then realized what the issue was....the maps are too damn small! Because of this, you end up at the other side of the map much quicker. That is what threw him off.

The speed is just fine as far as I am concerned . Actually I also agree with what someone else said on here, a sprint key would be very nice addition!

Originally posted by Godlike222

I wish we could be able to make the games longer in multiplay... Right now, they end way to short... Sometimes only three or four minutes... I was hoping the online games would be like BFV and take 20-30 sometimes to play. How many times do you join a battle and it ends in like 20 seconds... Then takes another 2 minutes to join the next map... Something needs to be done about fast multiplayer games... More reinforcements or at time clock counting down would be great... OR have it like BFV and have it count down by spawn spots controlled... anything than just 150-250 reinforcements....

I think slower gameplay( a little) which makes you easier to hit combined with a more limited number of respawns/player would deter from rushing away jumping and spraying. I.e. you would have to make your lives count. That would reward the tactically savy player and not just those who can twitch their finger the fastest, although they wouldn't loose to much of their advantage to find the game boring.

It doesn't matter if the maps get bigger. Once you get into contact with the enemy it's still back to the same old strafing, running in eights and jumping.

I'd hoped this game would be a faster paced Delta force in Star Wars environment. I see now where it's going to end...

Archived