Home

I just had the most fun tonite!

Darth Groovy

I think Battlefront isn't that good. I got bored of it very very fast, and the online isn't very good.

The graphics are not that impressive. The models are very blocky and the heros of the maps look like stunt doubles. If you look closely at Mace Windu you can see his teeth stick through the front of his mouth so he looks like he has buck teeth. Count Dooku looks like it was a first time skinners job, all his face was stretched and he did not resemble the real actor at all. Luke's eyebrows in BF really annoy me, it seems like his eyebrows were taken off Charlie from Busted and stuck onto his forehead. He really does not resemble him at all.

All the other models in the game look fine but not great. The textures are quite nice on the battle droids and the snow troopers. The shadows look really nice and they kinda make up for the bad stuff in the game.

I love the music in this game, but then again every Star Wars game has good music. But some times they have sad music in the battles were massive battles are taking place. I didn't honestly feel like I was in a war at all, I felt like I was in a scene from Gladiator. The gun sounds aren't great either, I thought like they would sound at least a tiny bit like the movies but they sound like they are from a completely different game.

Online play is quite good but it has major flaws. The lag in most games is horrible and being forced to register for that Gamespy crap is very very annoying. Also when I tried to join with Xfire before, the server seemed to always been full even with empty servers.

There isn't a great variation of maps. After you tried them all they just feel boring after you've explored them all, and found all the ways to flank the enemy. It would be alright if they had more maps, this would make up for the small size of the other maps exept for Hoth. That is the only truely big map in the game.

The ground vehicles are awesome. They make you feel like you really are in the movie. Controlling an AT-AT for the first time is the best experience I've ever had in a Star Wars game. It felt awesome picking off troops like they were pesky flies. But the air vehicles are horrible. You have a limited space to maneuver them with and if you head straight forward for around 5 seconds you get a message saying that you are leaving the battlefield. A great disappointment.

The one thing that stands out the most is gameplay. The gameplay alone

makes up for all the flaws in this game. It's awesome to get a squad of team mates to follow you and then have a shootout with the enemy. It feels like a scene from the movie when you are working together to try to take out some of the Imperials vehicles, and you are in the bunkers of Hoth trying to hold the Imps back from the shield generator.

If I had to give this a rating I would give it around 6.8/10. I hope the game will improve over time with patches, since BF1942 was nothing until the patches came out. I just hope that they can improve on the game and work out some of the issues that this game has.

Archived