Home

Why Didnt They Include Jedi Knights As A Class

[ILB]Pebbles

I am a little dissapointed they did not include a Jedi Class for playing the game. Reason why to play a Star Wars Type game is to play with Jedi Powers against other Jedi and none Jedi in battle. You take this away, it is just like any other FPS with the background of Star Wars.

I know some are going to say, JA or JO, but this is the battle field with the Clone wars there were both troops and Jedi.

The other thing I really hate is you can not kill Hero Bots in the game. I shot damn Lord Dukoo a 1000 times with an Anti-Aircraft Battery ( pointed to the ground) but the bot just fell to the ground and got up. What is up with that.

there is something like a signature in your profile (USERCP), put your advertisement info there ~Alegis

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can kill them.

And i think most are glad no jedi in the game, at least those who played jedi outcast/academy and the honour servers.

Lucasarts promised to play as a grunt (just an infantry person) in this game, thats what its all about. You can't blame lucasarts for making a game thats supposed NOT to have this feature.

That is what I expected, someone to say this is not Jedi Academy.

Well I dont play Jedi Academy and there were Jedi Grunts in the Clone Wars (Watch the freaking movie). SO, i say again this is not really a True Star Wars game, only BF1942 with Star Wars skins, maps, and weapons.

And a none Jedi will not be able to kill Hero Jedi unless they are lucky.

It says everywhere that the game is about playing the movies. And you do. Without Jedi, like the movies.

Yes, I know there were meant to be Jedi in the clone wars, but honestly, one person with a quick, easy 1 hit KO weapon, force powers etc. Its just isn't fair. Having a Jedi would completely destroy the way the game works. Most people bought it because they wanted to be a grunt.

Well then, why include them at all with Hero Bots, they take out whole squads by themselves. Jed only have an advantage if they use the right force ability at the right time. ( if the player is made properly). Jedi got shot in the movies by Battle droids, so Jedi are not invicible.

Also, the squad game will be out next summer, its called Republic Commando. Full Squad game like SOCOM.

oh yeah leave us with one squad game when basically every other star wars game is about jedi. the jedi bots arent overpowered because they have no force abilities and they're bots, they're not as good as human players. and anyways jedi classes would be over powered, you can't argue with that

Pebbles. Being infantry means, being one part of a big army and kinda weak on your own. This is the total opposite of being a jedi, can you think of balancing jedi with infantry? It would be rdiculous. What once was a powerful jedi is now something weak, with the same strenght like a robot or a clone.

and indeed, heroes can be turned off.

That is what I expected, someone to say this is not Jedi Academy.

Why did you make this topic then if you knew what jedi academy and battlefront are about?

I love Star Wars games that don't have Jedi in them. Dark Forces was a terrific game, with no Jedi powers or anything... this was of course before Kyle became attuned to the force, all you had were guns and your wits. X-Wing, TIE Fighter, XWA, just straight forward and great flight sims that capture the essence of being a fighter pilot in the Star Wars universe. Jedi are fun to play for awhile, but I tend to get bored with them quickly. Jedi Knight being the best game IMO, and me not caring much for JO or JA. It's a shame that Star Wars Galaxies is catering to the Jedi these days... but... it seems that the masses want Jedi or nothing. I'm glad to see a Star Wars game without playable Jedi for a change, it's been awhile.

Originally posted by sup3rsnail

If there was a Jedi class...EVERYONE would be it, and the game is about the soldier side of the movies for a change... NOT about Jedi.

Werd. Besides, from what I have seen, they don't have any real force powers. You would be a guy with a lightsaber that could block laser fire.

If you want a Star Wars game that lets you play as Jedi in it, go and play something else. You could argue almost indefinately about what bits of Star Wars this game does not do, and a pretty pointless argument it would be. It does what it does, and it does it well. I'm glad this is NOT a Jedi game.

Haha. Jedi class. Let's just turn this into Jedi Academy! I love it without Jedi and you can turn the bots off so stop complaining that they are in the game and you can't kill them.

If there were Jedi, there would be no balance in this game. Every class can be killed to a varying degree by the other classes and it's like paper-rock-scissors sort of. There's a balance and every class has their niche. Close up combat, utility, anti-vehicle, anti-infantry. With Jedi, they would dominate or atleast need something to counter them. It would become a bloated balance system.

Hey ICEMAN,

Im not complaining just stating my opinion which i have a right too since i paided my $43 + tax for the freaking game. And if you comprehened anything i said in the beginning of the post about NOT BEING JA/JO i know this game is not. But it suppose to represent the full experience of the Star Wars Battle fields and it cant really do that now, since it does not cover all aspects of the combatants in the theaters.

Also turn off you machine avertisement, sorry your mom couldnt buy you an Intel chip or ATI card.

It would have been a bad idea to include jedi and I am glad they didn't. If they had it would have turned into Jedi Academy on a battlefield! I mean think about it, who in their right mind would pick a basic solider when most everyone else are jedi and have no problem deflecting most of what you have thrown at them? I will tell you who....Very few if any!

There has been rumblings about the player classes being unbalanced as it is. Can you imagine how it would have been if you went ahead and threw jedi in the mix?

BTW, there were no Jedi grunts! The jedi that we got to know in the Ep 1 and 2 were on the Jedi Council (with the exception of Anakin, Obi-wan, and Qui-gon). So then I guess ALL other Jedi are "grunts"? Ah....nope! They are just the Jedi that the story didn't bother to focus on. A good portion of them are focused on in the extended universe. they all have thier own stories

Archived