Home

The Official Merged JK4 Speculation Thread!

Floppythegod

More stelth is what you need.

A bit more like "thief", Jedi is the keepr of the peace not a warrior.

We got force power to defend, confuse, heal, but you got to slash and kill all in order to move along.

Yep you can confuse the troopers, but as soon as they get free from the "mind trick" they will come after you, so why not greep them to deth take one?? :confused:

I agree regards the push/pull force powers, it should be able to use them on most stuff, like boxes and be able to tear things from the walls.. and use the saber to melt doors..

One thing is for shure in JK4, I hope not to start again from a normal person and learn the powers from day one.. I have done that since DF1... time to use the force.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Radd that is should be more like Deus Ex, with more investigating and stuff to be done. You should start off with all of the force powers available but you only get goo through using them. multiple means to an end result (like in Deus Ex) would be good aswel, for example you could find the key or if you have some explosives you could blow it up. hacking computers to turn of turrets and that sort of thing. I think the most important thing would be that not everyone is against you. there shoud be people you can just talk to.

hmm, i'm thinking that instead of using a new engine, they shoudl reuse q3. but to make up for the graphics, use GIGANTICALLY HUGE maps. say if you get in an xwing, it'll take you atleast 5 minutes to get to one side from the center. and make it more gta like :)

In Dungeon Siege, the more you use an ability the more you get proficient at it.

Use bow 'n' arrow and your dexterity and range skills go up. Use fireball and your intelligence and combat magic goes up.

Use lightsaber and your saber offence/defence goes up. Use lightning and it'll get more powerful with every zap.

No points. Just select it and excerise it. Use push/pull for 800 years and you can lift an X-Wing out of the swamp with ease.

And yes, the environment has to be influenced. Moving object would be great. Look at how many times you have to move stuff in JA. Yavin training ground (4), Droid Recovery (4), Merchant Rescue (1), Vjun (2), Rift (2), Korriban (10). Did I miss any, 'cause I'm tired of fighting my way through troopers just to flick a switch. :mad:

With the phsiics engines of today, I don't see the return of foce throw an impossibility. I await the day I can be crawling across a ledge and push some crates or rocks down on some stormtroopers.

I could go for different uses for mind play. Rather than just special scripted moments. Say, mind trick an officer and he'll pull his troops from the area. Or open a door for you. Or walk off a cliff, I don't know.

Of course, I suppose this doesn't go along with the current style of the Jedi Knight games, being mostly action. Then again, I like to play througn a level and stay as stealthy as I can. So you can see where I'm coming from. Or maybe not and I want these for my own selfish gain.

neutral:

- force throw (or something that along the lines of moving stuff around, and then using force push to send it foward)

- force push (revamped like GG|crow said [awesome idea!] which could work with force throw to concentrate and object foward into your oponent unless they push it away)

Light:

- force blinding (maybe just for some fun... though it is of little use and i can see it causing alot of bitching in mp)

- force reflect (some sort of power to reflect energy in one way or another ala yoda EpII, eg maybe when a jedi absorbs force past a certain point they can use that energy to do some sort of attack)

dark:

- force destruction (again they would have to be very careful with this one as it could really upset the light/dark balance if not done right... but it is cool :D)

those are my suggestions

also maybe having parts of mp levels that you can push/pull/force throw to make them crumble down like dooku did

regarding the level designs, i want a game which has levels that slightly complex but are absolutely basic to find which way to go, and that it be puzzles and enemies that make the game hard. too me nothing is worse than a game which is hard simply coz you get lost every 2 seconds.... that was a problem with the tomb raider games 3 and 4 in my opinion...

also, anybody else wanna see the return of kyle katarn? or do you think its time to see a new hero, atleast for one game?

Also i think it'd be good to see a full on kick arse saber engine just with the standard saber.

i don't know about you guys but if i had the choice of a game with 3 saber types and a good saber engine, or a standard saber game with a full on wicked kick arse engine... i'd chose the second one :D.

i'm willing to sacrafice the other styles in exchange for some good sword fighting in the next game :). besides, did having a single saber make outcast any less enjoyable?

Originally posted by Durocha

I await the day I can be crawling across a ledge and push some crates or rocks down on some stormtroopers.

Must... drop... pianos... on... troopers... :D

Say, mind trick an officer and he'll pull his troops from the area. Or open a door for you. Or walk off a cliff, I don't know.

In JO ya gotta Mind Trick an Ugnaught to open a door in Bespin's furnace room. Scripted, but you didn't have to kill for once.

Of course, I suppose this doesn't go along with the current style of the Jedi Knight games, being mostly action. Then again, I like to play througn a level and stay as stealthy as I can. So you can see where I'm coming from. Or maybe not and I want these for my own selfish gain.

I kinda like the stealthy mission in JO. The closest I got to stealth in JA was... well... not. :rolleyes: I think the problem is it's being geared towards the MP fragfest, thereby making SP a half-assed plot that kinda fits in the Star Wars theme. In MP noone cares if you're good or evil, only if you're within weapons range.

I already mentioned the 'Hlaf-Life 2 Gravity gun' effect in the JK4 thread - so I'd definitely like to see something along those lines for a Force Throw.

I think there should be a Force Levitate in there as well. If Luke can lift objects in ESB, then why not have the same ability in the games? Levitating yourself to reach one of those really high places that you can't reach with Jump...or levitating an ally who can't use Force Jump, so that they can continue to provide support in a tight situation. Or even using it to stop an object falling on others (like Yoda did in AOTC). Maybe if a bridge started to collapse, you could use the Force to keep it stable until the people on it got to safety. There are lots of potential uses for such a power.

Mind Trick needs tweaking to make it really useful. I'd prefer to see an effect similar to Persuasion in JK, where you just turn it on and become invisible to all enemies in an area for a short time. Persuasion was great for stealth.

Using the Force to improve the combat and morale of allies would also be good to see. Conversely, a Force power to weaken the morale and combat effectiveness of enemies for a short time.

Extend the use of Force Healing in SP so that you can heal allies as well (similar to Team Heal in MP).

If we could make things float in air, atleast I hope that you can't just make a freaking bridge float when you're just a Padawan.

And as we all know, the beauties of SP are always nerfed when transferred into MP. (The new cool Drain thing isn't in MP, Seeing is Seeing, not Sense... etc)

I'd like to see fully customizable character appearance down to the smallest details, like what they have now with Jedi Academy but far more intricate. Like robes, hoods, arm cuffs, ect. Also perhaps better saber system. As for the vehicles, although no one has said much about them, I'd like it if they could be implemented into the next engine (Whichever it may be, if it ever comes to be) and be improved upon.

Originally posted by Kurgan

Amen to that, JK1 and MotS were maybe twice as fast (or faster, it's been awhile, so I'd have to do a side by side comparison to know for sure) as JA or JK2.

After you play JK1/MotS MP for awhile you feel like you're moving in slow motion with JK2/JA!

Trust me it doesn't need to be any slower. ; )

Trust me it does ;).

Why? Because it is still way faster then movies (gun fights and saber battles), and when (if) they move to the doom3 engine which seems logical since its raven. THEY WILL BE FORCED TO go slower, because maintaining jedi academy's speed in the doom 3 engine will look foolish.

They will be forced to (for the benefit of a much better experience) slow down fighting to logical and more cautious saber wielding levels, and I would imagine make sabers and weapons more deadly as a result of the slower pace (otherwise death might be rare).

All I have said is inevitable with an improved engine. You simply cannot have shoddy or un realistically rapid animation as it will look blatantly wrong in a new tech engine, while engines like Q3 can forgive it and even welcome it.

The same is true for Q4, although it should be fast, because of the engine it wont be anything like Q3's speed and soon to be relatively jerky animation.

Archived