Home

The Official Merged JK4 Speculation Thread!

Floppythegod

Originally posted by Kurgan

I mean, which would you rather play, in all honestly, a game where you're a moisture farmer or Imperial janitor who never sees any battles or crazy things happen or one of the heroes from the movies having amazing adventures and interacting with other famous characters, doing some of the things we saw happen in the films?*

[/i]

Judging from Galaxies, I fear to see how many people would choose exactly that.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see a mixture between KOTOR and JK.

- The possibility to give your Character Attributes, like in RPG games.

- the attributes you have chosen determine what force powers you can use.

- a side program to create your own fighting stance, I already have a concept for such a program, but can't do programming

- and what I guess what most people wanna see is, either two ways to play the campaign sith or jedi, other sequences and different missions or two different campaigns.

• 5 weeks later...

What could possibly be the future of the JK series? Other hard core Stbbvar Wars FPS's are coming out for the gunner crowd; take a look at Republic Commando and Battlefront. KOTOR and its sequel have expanded on the route of the Jedi and Sith. Is there a need for a game that combines the gunner and saberist?

Well, if they're to launch another JK game, they better use a new engine. JA is good but without mods I would have left it after a few months and gone back to JO. Clans as well, that keeps the game alive (if it's Multiplayer).

I also hope they make up a good story, KOTOR's was excellent. It's so annoying with all the stupid Force boys running around thinking they're so good when you beat them all and Tavion.

Originally posted by Mono_Giganto

KOTOR has a MUCH better saber system, even if it is sort of atuomatic, it's MUCH better.

What kind of crack are you on?

kotor's saber system isn't even a saber system. all it is, is an animation with random damage multipliers and algorithms applied to it. its no different than any of the other attacks besides how it looks. and with all that, its only just a tad bit more random than baseja.

Originally posted by Mono_Giganto

KOTOR has a MUCH better saber system, even if it is sort of atuomatic, it's MUCH better.

Better how? It certainly looks better for the most part, but that system would hardly be a good one in a FPS. It doesn't even have collision detection, for crying out loud.

And Rumor is right, it isn't really a saber system per se. It is a combat system. The only difference between sabers and guns are the animations and what modifiers get applied.

That being said, the KOTOR system seems to serve KOTOR better than the JA system does for JA...

At least with KOTOR it is supposed to be random. :)

That being said, the KOTOR system seems to serve KOTOR better than the JA system does for JA...

Ya, that's kinda what I meant, I wasn't saying that JA needed KOTOR's system, just that it worked better for its game.

At least with KOTOR it is supposed to be random.

Very true. :) And it also has limits to the damage. In JA there's always the random one hit kill.

If all future Jedi Knight games are doomed to degenerate the way JKII:JO and JK:JA have (a few hundred total players (compared to the thousands playing other games) flying around with jetpacks and spawning Rancors, amateur actors emoting and whining about "laming" while killtrackers spam "haha you are the 22 soul I have taken, I have stolen your soul 3 times"), then I hope LucasArts either makes the next one single-player only or never releases the source code to prevent the silliness and stupidity that killed JK2 and JA multiplayer.

Hopefully Battlefront and Republic Commando will be the future direction of Star Wars multiplayer games.

If it is Single Player the Story will be more complex. Oh, we're talking about LucasArts Jedi Knight Games? I thought we were talking about something else. LucasArts cannot make a decent SP story (the closest was JK2)

Originally posted by Iain007

If it is Single Player the Story will be more complex. Oh, we're talking about LucasArts Jedi Knight Games? I thought we were talking about something else. LucasArts cannot make a decent SP story (the closest was JK2)

Jedi Knight seemed at least as good as Outcast to me...

• 2 weeks later...

Have LucasArts and Raven just decided to quiet down after the relative flop of Jedi Academy?

Come on,just because it didn't turn out that well it doesn't mean that another sequel shouldn't come out...this time if they should do another one Raven should come out with a more concerted and more spirited effort that should hold the fans in for more than enough time until the next one comes out.

What do you guys think?

Archived