Home

The Official Merged JK4 Speculation Thread!

Floppythegod

I wish they would do some JA games that take place pre ANH. I think it would be awesome to be a trainee in the old republic, go on missions with your master, etc.... BTW. I think the Sith goes back further than just 500 years prior.

This Kyle Katarn thing is getting a little old. Maybe we need to see more of the valley of the Jedi.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This Kyle Katarn thing is getting a little old. Maybe we need to see more of the valley of the Jedi.
Well, I personally enjoy playing as Kyle Katarn, I've been doing it since 1998 after all. But the great thing about making one's own SP campaigns is of course the fact that one can write them any way one wishes.

Don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against Kyle personally. He's saved the galaxy plenty of times, and therefore demands respect. I meant to say that I'm a little tired of the time period that the DF/JK series is in. I would rather see a history of the Valley of the Jedi. Perhaps 500 years before ANH, some force-sensitive dude stumbles upon the valley, and gets a huge buzz from it's power. He then has to defend it from Sith Lords or something. Oh wait, even better. They could do the George Lucas thing and make a prequel. In JK, Rahn and Morgan Katarn knew about the Valley of the Jedi. Perhaps they could make a whole story about that.

I personally don't care about playing Jaden anymore. Perhaps a story could circle around Rosh.

I wouldn't mind seeing more action with Mara Jade (and not in the perverted sense for all you sickos reading this). I totally loved MOTS, and I can't wait for someone to make a MOD for it. I would do it myself, but I'm busy with too much stuff right now the way it is.

I have not. Does it use the Peretti model of Mara Jade? I will have to check it out.

I like Peretti's mara Jade model, except for the bare belly button thing. I just don't get that from Mara Jade. I mean, she is the Emperor's Hand afterall. She was pretty much a Sith padawan (source: Thrawn trilogy). I just don't see her being a cutsey teenie-bopper wearing sketchers and hanging out at the mall.

Dunno, maybe it's just me.

I will have to check out that mod.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Prime

I really wish the SP missions/maps thing had taken off with JA.

What might have been...

That's only because JA is teh sux0rz and is d34d ...

;)

I'll have to look at some of those - I'm still getting plenty of fun out of the 'OC'.

Mike

There is always a sequel if the game is successful to some extent.

Hope they gonna fix the bs of jo/ja. Hope they gonna remove bs like push/pull in mp. In a nutshell, they just should make it like JK. Powerful guns with ammo and powerful saber, that's it.

That's only because JA is teh sux0rz and is d34d ...

And yet you post in JA forums while using leet speak.

|-|3\/ d00d !'|\/| l337 700

LOL.

Honestly I am most impressed with JA. I think Lucasarts did the right thing by having real game companies make their games. I think it was best they give up after SW: Rebellion. It was a good game and all, but it took way too long to figure out, and there was far too much down time.

Raven's work is WAY better than anything Lucasarts has come out with before.

Whell, I would just like to know:

What is next?

Are we ever going to see continuation of any of these games:

Jedi Academy

or Jedi Outcast

or Jedi Knight

or if this has been discused before, please let me know where.

Personaly I think that these are great games, and I would like to know if anybody in Lucas Arts is thinking about making another game like this (sequal) or anything.

If you people know something about this metter please let us know.

Thnx....

Originally posted by jedispy

And yet you post in JA forums while using leet speak.

I was being ironic ... I'm very vocal about the fact that JKII and JA are both in my 'top 5 games ever' ... I was referrign to the oh-too-many threads over the last 2.5 years or so decrying the death of the series ...

Mike

Jedispy retracts his earlier comment

Shame on me.

Unrelated to this, does anyone here know how to convert .san files (the cutscene files from Mysteries of the Sith and Shadows of the Empire for PC) into standard video media files?

Sorry for getting off topic...........what were we talking about again? :lol:

whell, I just hope that there is somebody at LA to think about another sequal for this gameseries, now they all ower for KOTOR II, kotor I did not give me enough freedom during the fight, like in Jedi Knight I have complete freedom for my moves, that is why I like it little bit more, only if they can work on the story.

We'll see.

I just think Now is the time for another Jedi Knight game, Oucast or Academy it don't metter.

respect all

Unrelated to this, does anyone here know how to convert .san files (the cutscene files from Mysteries of the Sith and Shadows of the Empire for PC) into standard video media files?
Well I haven't heard of a converter for those files. Doesn't mean one doesn't exist though.

The way I might do it would be to screencap the movies within MotS, or play and screencap the original cutscene material found on the mots cd @ /resource/video/cutscene.zip, and then compile to .avi.

Never actually done it though, so don't know if it'll work, nor what screencap software to use. :D

Originally posted by InfErnO

Hope they gonna fix the bs of jo/ja. Hope they gonna remove bs like push/pull in mp. In a nutshell, they just should make it like JK. Powerful guns with ammo and powerful saber, that's it.

So you want a Jedi game with no force powers? That doesn't sound very fun to me.

Actually, it sounds very NJO...

Archived