Home

Umm...GameSpy...CD Key Not Authorized?

PR-0927

Yeah, I was trying to play on MP online, and it said that the CD Key wasn't authorized...yet, I only installed it twice, on the same computer, on the same hard drive, and I deleted everything off this hard drive before reinstalling...reformated actually.

HELP!!

:fett:

Guess what, more problems!! I tried to play online, and you know already that it didn;t work, so I ran the cdkey.exe file, and it worked!! But, now if I try to join a server, it doesn't work at all!! It gives me the same damn error!! I think LucasArts needs to come out with a patch to fix this!! I don't care what they do, but I wanna play online!!

If you'd do a little searching yourself, the registry keys are easy to find.

HKLM\Software\LucasArts\Star Wars battlefront\1.0

Check the CDkey entry.

Chances are you just entered your key incorrectly. No one else seems to have this problem. And we need a patch for a lot more than minor problems that 1 or 2 people seem to be having.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nope, never knew it. I did figure it out that day...I think. The CD Key had a "1" in it, and I had typed an "I," or something.

I have modelled, skinned, modded, etc. I have never edited a map though, nor have I ever mapped. I'd like to map for SWBF when the SDK comes out.

• 7 months later...

I triple-checked my CD key against the registry info you described [thanks for that]. My CD key is clearly printed in lower-case letters and numbers, and I see that there is no error at all.

Oh, and I have Disk 1 in the CD drive. It's not like the software couldn't check to be sure I paid for it; the CD is there.

The game lets me play single player, and it lets me into some servers. It abruptly stopped letting me into a few servers [the ones I got best ping on] in the middle of a gaming session. I joined, I played, and then, sometime during the evening, the server switched maps, and disconnected me. I tried to reconnect, and got this message. Haven't been able to connect to those servers since.

I need help! MP was really the thing I wanted to do most with this game.

A tech support page says we should "Open My Computer and navigate to the Install folder inside the Battlefront folder on your harddrive. The default install location is:

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\Install

Double-click the CDKey.exe file and reenter your CD Key printed on the sticker on the back of your Battlefront CD Jewel case

Now try joining a multiplayer game once more to see if the problem has been corrected."

I did this. No change. They also suggest, on the same page, that a used copy cannot be expected to work online, because the previous owner may have registered it [which I think is a silly excuse, but it doesn't matter in this case, because mine was a sealed, new copy].

Archived