Home

Bush got OWNED!!! (Presidential Debate)

Acrylic

In the debate tonight!

From MSNBC's Hardball Website , poll results....

Who won the debate?

* 50147 responses

Pres. Bush

27%

Sen. Kerry

73%

Okay, I watched the debate, and I personally thought Kerry did a superb job. Bush on the other hand....bad job. Really bad. With the silences and not staying on subject. I dont like him. If I was old enough to vote, Id vote for Kerry.

Now, if you didn't watch the debate, DO NOT post your views on this. I only want replies of people that watched it.

EDIT - Added link.

EDIT AGAIN - Well, more people voted. Its at 103,000+ votes. And still, Kerry is at 73%!!!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... my dad listened tot he debate on the radio and I watched it on PBS. I would say that Kerry was very collected and focused. Bush seemed mroe relaxed, but, my dad who listened to it on the radio thought that they both did around the same with a few minor ums, and ahhs. But some of the long silences were awkward.

I'd say no one won, it just added to the tension.

By the way, did anyone notice that the networks didn't follow the 30-odd page paper that was sritten for a code of conduct?

Especially since the title of the thread is "Bush got OWNED!!!"

Gotta be somebody here that don't like that. O_o

There's always the Senate Chambers I suppose, SkinWalker's getting a little lonely over there :xp:

Personally, I think Kerry did great. Bush was terrible, stuttered so many times, didn't have his act together at all.

"Smashing! Yay capitalism!" ~Austin Powers

I thought Kerry did an alright job, Bush less so but certainly not horrible. I watched the CNN coverage though; in the C-SPAN one there was split-screen coverage and I heard that Bush was alot more...childish in body language usage. Still, both did make some good points(Kerry more so than Bush, however), and ultimately I like Kerry more after this debate.

I whatched it... Don't know why. Because all it is when you boil right down to it, is a "You smell!" or, "You're ugly, your whole family is ugly!" and another, "You are stupid and you suck!".

These are mostly topics we all know about, if we read the paper, watch the news or none of the above. They just bicker back and forth until someone messes up his grammar by confusing words or places. And then they get deducted. Like a freakin school spelling bee.

So IMO, neither of them did well. Because all it was about was them repeating themselves. And we were fed lies about what each would do for the war. It's in the past. There is no all powerful solution that isn't going to hurt someone in the world.

Decisions are made, things are sacrificed. End Of Story.

Now you can get carpul tunnel flaming me all you want. I'm not going to listen.

It was predictable, but I guess mostly because of the bland and "softcore" nature of the questions. Both sides did a decent job of attacking and defending on positions and arguments. Both sides could have been more convincing and revealing in a more open-ended debate, but unfortunately that won't happen.

Originally posted by Dave Grohl

I'd say no one won, it just added to the tension.

I fully agree.

I am completely undecided as to whom I am going to vote for.

The way that Bush was talking, it sounded like he will continue to police the world like it is the job of the US. I really don't mean to sound like an a-hole, but we have enough problems here of our that we need to take care of without solving the rest of the world's problems.

I also know that the US cannot be an isolationist country. So, we have to be a world player.

What I didn't like about Kerry was that he just kept blaming Bush for everything without giving a solid plan for what he is going to do. Kerry is also promising too much I think. I don't know if this is still part of his plan but he said a while ago that he will give so much money to college students that volunteer. First, where is the money going to come from? Second, who's going to see it? If they're lucky, the younger people (fresman level in high school and younger) may see it by the time they get to college. Now, he's promising to get all of the free floating nuclear material from Russia contained in 4 years.

Again, I really don't know. Do i think Bush got owned? No. But neither canidate has my vote.

I'd say it was a good debate. I finally got to hear what their stances on certain things from their OWN mouths. Although i can't depict a clear winner. I think they both did a good job. Both were very polite to each other which was nice to see.

I thought Kerry did an alright job, Bush less so but certainly not horrible. I watched the CNN coverage though; in the C-SPAN one there was split-screen coverage and I heard that Bush was alot more...childish in body language usage.

I kind of thought Kerry looked a little....arrogant when Bush was talking. I had a hard time looking at Bush while Kerry was talking, he kept blinking, a lot.

Originally posted by Feanaro

I kind of thought Kerry looked a little....arrogant when Bush was talking. I had a hard time looking at Bush while Kerry was talking, he kept blinking, a lot.

I laughed everytime Kerry grinned like a chesire cat while Bush was talking, though. :p

I thought the entire thing was funny...though I think Kerry did a better job, Bush seemed to have a hard time with the big words :xp:

My favorite part was when Bush was talking about something or other, and he made a comment about the american people, and broke off midsentence, like he was correcting himself but he replaced american people with "I". I just had this image of Bush standing up on his podium and shouting "I AM AMERICA! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

I laughed out loud. :D

Bush did a fairly good job. He spoke suprisingly well, and didn't really have too much trouble speaking except for some extended pauses. He did blink....a lot.

Kerry was not too much of a suprise. Most of the same ol' jabs and slashes he usually makes. Nothing really new. Bush did point out his tendancy to "flip flop" though.

If anyone got pwned, I'd say it was Bush's daughters. That comment Kerry made about "seeing them in the media" just came off with a negative "feel". XD

I'm not in the US, so i didn't watch, but i did see a story a few days back about how these things can have a big effect on the results. And also how people's perception on TV and Radio can be totally different. (Apparently TV viewers thought Kennedy was much better than nixon, but radio listeners thought the opposite. )

I posted a link in the senate to an organisation that were asking young people to ask "unasked" questions to pose to bush and kerry... Its too late for suggesting questions, but they are supposed to post their responses on the 19th Oct. It might be worth checking out if you want answers to some real questions, rather than repeats of rhetoric. It should be a lot harder for them to worm their way out of answering for one thing...

http://youthdebate.newvotersproject.org/slashdot

It may have been a war worth fighting for, but Bush went about it all wrong.

I thought Bush got owned in that debate. He was looking like an idiot while Kerry opened a can of whoopass.

People say Kerry is also an idiot, but of the 2 idiots: Kerry > Bush

Archived