Home

Tripping up the Large AT walkers

grep

Perhaps I missed something or I did not configure my controls properly, but how do you use the cable coming from a snowspeeder to wrap up a Large AT walkers so it trips?

Sorry if this is a repost, but the search feature is disabled...

Originally posted by grep

Perhaps I missed something or I did not configure my controls properly, but how do you use the cable coming from a snowspeeder to wrap up a Large AT walkers so it trips?

Sorry if this is a repost, but the search feature is disabled...

yah you have to be in the "second" position of the speeder.. easiest way is to jump in the pilot position and have a bot jump in the gunner position and just circle the walker low..

Hop in a snowspeeder, find a bot and land near him and hit the "F2" key (which will tell him to "get in"). Once he is in, he will fire the tow cable automaticly and when it finally connects, you do the rest.

I suggest doing this in singleplay first so you can get the hang of circling around the AT-AT and bringing them down. Once yuo get the hang of it, it's quite easy. Then all yuo need to worry about is enemy fire! :)

Originally posted by LoQ

Hop in a snowspeeder, find a bot and land near him and hit the "F2" key (which will tell him to "get in"). Once he is in, he will fire the tow cable automaticly and when it finally connects, you do the rest.

I suggest doing this in singleplay first so you can get the hang of circling around the AT-AT and bringing them down. Once yuo get the hang of it, it's quite easy. Then all yuo need to worry about is enemy fire! :)

In SP, the AI walkers seem to have their timing down on hitting a circling "attached" speeder..

Originally posted by grep

Excellent! Thanks for the info.. will try this out tonight!

Hey your the Grep that made the cool battlefont film, aren't you? Well then I expect you to include footage of you bringing down a walker in your next film!!!! :p

Originally posted by LoQ

Hey your the Grep that made the cool battlefont film, aren't you? Well then I expect you to include footage of you bringing down a walker in your next film!!!! :p

That is me... Ok, I'll have to get my brother in on it as well.. He'll do the fliming and I'll wrap up the big boy's legs!!

If you get real good(i can do it, so its not that hard) you can get in the back seat and try and get the cable attached yourself. I've been playing and training alot(of course, I have it for Xbox) and I can even get the legs in a lagging server. If I knew anyone here that was on my friends list, they could tell u! :D But its really not all that hard, since Im probably one of the worst gunners. Maybe Im only good cuz I play 1st person in ships :p

Is it even possible, in single player, to sit in that second snowspeeder seat? (PS2).

I can get a bot in there but they always seem to fire the grappling hook at the worst times--frequently when I'm nowhere near an AT-AT.

Yeah it can be done. As a matter of fact, for the first few days I was switching seats in mid flight to try and cable the legs of the AT-AT's.

Once I found out that you can get a bot in there to that for me, I had no need to do that again(thank god).

But the answer to your question is....yes!

Originally posted by Crusaderous

How do I switch positions within a vehicle, whether it be a snowspeeder, AT-ST, etc?

Thanks

For the PC version, it is the "weapon select" key. It is defaulted as the wheel on your mouse (assuming you have a wheel mouse)

After I figured out how to get the bots to jump in a vehicle with you (finally) I tried but I have a serious issue with bots rarely ever listening to me, no matter what I tell them. Follow Me seems to work most of the time. I've never really seen any noticable change in bot behaviour when I use any other commands. They always acknowledge though. But I can be sitting in a vehicle, surrounded by bots, and say "Pile In" and they'll all say "Sure" and none of them will. Aren't they supposed to do what I say? I say get in, and they dont. :(

Archived