Home

The Way This Game Is Suppose To Be Played

chicagodave

i know now why some people where complaining this game was turning into a fragfest that is because of the BOTS!!!

this game was modeled after battlefield 1942. in that game every decision you make, every choice, every action is based on tactical planning and strategizing. and thats how battlefront needs to be.

the game is suppose to be about controlling the points and not going to kill people. you do kill people along the way but thats NOT the main purpose. but the bots turn it into a frag fest where all you do is get in a vehicle and go kill randomly therefore reducing your teams tickets. that is not what this game is suppose to be.

this game is suppose to be about teamwork and strategizng (just like battlefield).

the games are suppose to last a long time not 5 minutes like it usually does. battlefield games can last up to an hour if their played correctly, now im not saying they should last that long but they should last a good time.

now those of you saying well what if theres only like 4 people in a server?

well i was recently in a server with 4 guys 2 on 2 it was kashyyk. now the game took a very long time, but every action we took planning out. we carefully ran to the points, keeping an eye out for the 2 other guys and we tried to get the points while also trying to kill them. now being there was only 2 othe guys you may think it was boring it was not. because me and the guy spread out and we covered both sides of the maps, we used the snipers and the recon droids to look for them and we would sneak around and then either chase them or go for the point.

theres a reason theres a crouch and crawl option its meant to be used. the game took about 30 minutes but we ended up wining it was mad fun.

now if you got a good game going like 12 or 16 people playing without bots, the game should last about 20 maybe even 30 minutes, thats what this game is suppose to be its suppose to be long battles for control of the points not a frag fest.

i would highly suggest you try this, hopefully we can get people to start hosting servers without the bots so everyone can see how this game is suppose to be played and how much fun it could be. i have played a 4 man no bots server and it was fun i played in a 32 player not bot server and it was equally as fun and took just as long.

i hope people read this and get what im saying. so please for those you hosting take off the bots!!!!! and offcourse auto aim off.

I completely agree with Chicago Dave my game usually take up to 10 min. But even when theere are good parts it's not like Battlefield. BF1942 have bigger maps their planes go twist and turnAnd the ground combat more spread out. Battlefront everything seems to be squished together. Hope fully a new patch will come out that will expand the maps.

Yeah....that's an interesting theory, but again, I've played BF1942 against bots, and it NEVER ends up being a simple deathmatch like SWBF does. Maybe it's because the AI is better; maybe it's because they weren't worried about the size of a map which the consoles could reasonable run and so made them HUGE. Whatever, it needs fixing and FAST if this game is going to last.

ya I just bought this game yesterday and I am an avid BF (DC Mod) player. The speed of the games did disturb me, I don't see any options for upping the ticket count either (maybe there is I just haven't seen it yet). The maps do seem a little small too compared to battlefield, though the graphics are much much better than battlefield's.

THE MAIN THING THOUGH: In battlefield the scoreboard is based on team points, not kills. They made it desirable to capture flags in Battlefield because when you cap a point, you get TWO team points, whereas when you frag someone you get ONE team point, therefore to climb the scoreboard faster it makes sense that you would go for flags instead of trying to kill people. many people who play Battlefield still don't get this concept and invariably come in last place in most games they play, I routinely place in the top 3 players in Desert Combat games, because I am always actively trying to capture a flag to get more points. SWBF has the drastic drawback of basing the scoreboard on kills not flag caps. Who wants to capture flags if you don't get rewarded for it? sure you get one point but the points aren't cumulative with your frags, and they have ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT on you place on the scoreboard. With this one simple change they could turn this game in to a much more TEAM-BASED and STRATEGIC game. Simple fact of the matter is, most people play online games because of the feeling of power that it gives them (of being better than someone else). And if they can't look at their name on a list of people and see that they are beating most of them when they concentrate on capping flags, then whats the point of doing it? They will try and frag frag frag not cap cap cap becuase there is virtually no reward in capturing flags. furthermore, which team wins has no bearing because all (most) players care about is their position on the scoreboard. Battlefield doesn't have that problem because the team that wins is intrinsically linked to players with high scores (because capturing flags gives you twice as many points as fragging people).

Said my peace, from my first 24 hours of play, I have decided that if there aren't some major gameplay overhauls, I'm sticking with Desert Combat as my game of choice.

there will be more servers now without bots and and auto aim off, make sure to check those out, matches there last 20 minutes or more waaay more fun than killing bots and playing a map for only 10 minutes. in our gaming forum everyone who has server will be hosting without bots check out the servers:

!zg.net!

vsk rental

gamerplug.com

these servers will be bot free and auto aim off, check it out and see how this game is meant to be played.

if you need to play with bots play offline, or play in the hundred other servers that are up.

Bots in SW:BF are much more smarter than BF:1942. They also folow orders which can't be said about BF:1942 The games I've played bots seek out capture points and have done a fair job of defense and offense. I've seen them go prone and defend and give me health on the field, not bad in my book. Frankly when I'm not at a LAN or online, bots fit the bill.

richcz3

You think people actually care how this game's "supposed" to be played? People want to shoot the hell out of other people, not "strategize" or do anytrhing else that might actually educate them about something. Mindless killing is fun, not strategizing and then going into mindless killing.

Idiot.

noob parts will be slaughterhouses because noone will play as a team *cough*JA siege*cough*

i have a feeling we can guess where you will fall then, eh?

besides, bf1642 is fun and it is about strategizing instead of mindless killing...i bet that the bf42->battlefront clans will quickly rise to the top of the clan stats and the scoreboards

Originally posted by chicagodave

....the game is suppose to be about controlling the points and not going to kill people. you do kill people along the way but thats NOT the main purpose. but the bots turn it into a frag fest where all you do is get in a vehicle and go kill randomly therefore reducing your teams tickets. that is not what this game is suppose to be.

this game is suppose to be about teamwork and strategizng (just like battlefield).

I don't really get what you're talking about but one thing is for certain. The game is about controlling points, AND just as equally it is also about killing your opponents. I've played this game a fair amount now and it's safe to say that i'm a lot more deadly with an assault type dude (e.g. regular stormtrooper) than i am with a scout. I easly triple my kills as a run and gun shooter. So if that is the case why slow down my team, by being a scout?

When i'm in an AT-At or some vehical similar to that caliber, i get huge kill to death ratios, and isn't that a huge part of the success to winning?

example: If my advesaries only kill me a couple times a round, meanwhile i take out 30+ of them, am i then not doing my job? You might want to consider having guys play that style, rather than going around controlling check points. Or as you prefer sitting in a bush, and waiting for some chump to come up, every minute or so.

Cleary, however, if your team have 1 control point to your opponents 4 or 5, then yes, you are doomed to lose; unless you have an all-star team that has a kill to death ration of like 20 - 5. But lets be serious here for a second, if that WAS the case... your team would have a hell of a lot more than just 1 control point! ;):deathstar:band::deathii::fett::ewok::jawa:bdroid1::atat::c3po:

I don't get the point about the scoreboard. THe scoreboard has nothing to do with anything. It's just a place to say "Haha, I killed three more people than you did." There is no "score" just kill, death, and capture points.

I kind of agree with what you're saying though. I like playing with bots, it's fun and not too hard. But there's no point in playing with bots online, because then it's just all the easiness of shooting robots, except with lag.

But I largely agree about strategy.

Some may say that there is no strategy in this game, it's just kill kill kill, frag frag frag, but that's not true. Sure there's lots of that, but it's not all that. There is plenty of strategy to be had in Battlefront, but it's just hard to implement. In my experience, the team commands don't always work. They are very inconsistent. There's no real way to direct your bots to play a certain strategy, it's largely just hoping they follow you. There's plenty of strategies to use and tactics to impliment, but no real way to carry them out with bots, which is a shame.

Archived