Home

Phobias

ET Warrior

I just got my flu shot today, and it made me wonder what kind of phobias all you swampies have...

Mine is needles. And bees. Bees and needles absolutely TERRIFY me. I get all panicky and nervous when I have to get shots, and I run in terror from bees.

(Nothing makes you feel more manly than running like a little girl from something 1/1000 of your size)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a fear of Needles, Bees and wasps. Every time I think of needles I cower like a little girl. :xp: When I was around 5 I was just about to go bed and there was a wasp under my bed, I put my hand down and it landed right on the wasp, I cried for ages. Bees also look like wasps a tiny bit, and they sting so I'm scared of them like wasps.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

A fear of panicking?

no agoraphobia is commonly used to describe people with a fear of open and public places, but is also for people who have a fear of large crowds. I get very uncomfortable in big crowds and can even suffer from a panic attack. I do a lot better when I'm with friends, but when I'm alone I get very panicky and I often get sharp pains.

Needles? Hmm... maybe only really big needles. :p When I got my first shot, when it was over, I was like "was that it?" expecting something really painful.

I'm not really frightened by bees, but I do avoid bees. I've never been stung, so I don't know if I'm alergic or not. I'm not alergic to really anything, so I'd predict that I'm not alergic to bees. But you never know.

I have a slight case of homophobia. Not as much as before, but Im always scared that a gay guy will hit on me.

Well, I also have arachnophobia, hornetphobia, heightophobia..

Yeah, some of the names I made up, but you know waht i mean.

Originally posted by Acrylic

I have a slight case of homophobia. Not as much as before, but Im always scared that a gay guy will hit on me.

yes because someone praising your looks is a horrible thing.

just because someone hits on you doesn't mean you have to take em to the ally and jerk em off.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

just because someone hits on you doesn't mean you have to take em to the ally and jerk em off.

It doesn't??? Whoops...;)

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

I have a case of egotisticalphobia, when people give themselves too much credit.

And Acrylicphobia ¬¬

Yeah, yeah. I have some of that too.

Tough to get rid of. I just turn off the computer and it goes away :eek:

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Seriously, I actually think it'd be nice if gay guys hit on me. then I'd get the perk of knowing someone thought I was attractive AND my girlfriend can't get mad about it :D

um BIG spiders scare me. Just because they can inject you with poison that might kill you or make you sick. I mean Daddy-Long-Legs are okay with me, and tiny ones are cute! But gigantic bird-eating ones, NO!
FIRST of all, don't go around killing spiders for fear of their venom, because the number of species CAPABLE of harming humans in the whole world, is TINY.

And to disabuse you of another notion: the most venomous spiders in the world are relatively small. The big hairy ones? Not so dangerous. It's the little ones you have to watch out for.

Trust me, I'm an amateur arachnologist.

Actually I have had a gay guy hit on me once. It was pretty wierd, I was at once complimented and at the same time, revolted at the idea of engaging in homosexual stuff. I tried to be civil when turning him down.

WITH A GLOCK 9MM! :p j/k

Archived