Home

AT-ST Armour

rut-wa jodar

It just seems wierd because in practically every other game ever the snowspeeder is quite effective against AT-STs, as in one run and they're down. I was trying to do that in this game then I realized that I wasn't doing much damage at all. I think the armor is all right, the damage of the snowspeeder just need to be upped a bit. So far, the only use for it is tripping AT-ATs and strafng ground troops. It should be useful to fight AT-STs as well, IMO.

Originally posted by JawaJoey

It just seems wierd because in practically every other game ever the snowspeeder is quite effective against AT-STs, as in one run and they're down.

I am assuming that you are refering to games like "shadows of the empire", and the "rouge squadron" games? I always had a problem with the damage in those games. You could take down a AT-AT by just firing your blasters from your snowspeeder if you did it long enough. Eventhough in ESB, they specificly say "Our blasters have no effect". IMO, i feel they finally got the damage system down right when it comes to the AT-AT and AT-ST's

I agree about the AT-ATs, but the AT-STs are supposed to have much, much lighter armor. How could a scout walker that balances on two measley legs have armor so thick that a ship's blasters have almost no effect? THe snowspeeder shouldn't have as strong lasers as say and X Wing, but still.

Archived