Home

Dark Trooper

feejo

The darktrooper was ganked before the game even came out :p

The jetpack is a poor mans version of the clone one and the gun is the worst in the game, I use the pistol more than I do his main gun when playing as the dark trooper.

But for using his blaster:

Try to use the jumppack to get into close/point blank range, this isnt too hard but don't expect to be jumping out quickly as it has a very slow recharge.

Hit the enemy at point blank, this is hard with a dodging enemy, even a close range shot may not kill. With the movement and screen limitations of a game this is a lot harder to do than in real life.

The dark trooper blaster is a bad weapon, its a shotgun without a shotguns biggest advantage - stopping power.

The only time I have mannaged to kill anyone in one shot with this is a point blank (1-2m or less) and in the head.

It has a slow recycle time for the shots so with your extremely limited life expectancy in close range don't expect to get too many shots, it also has only 5 shots before it has to be reloaded making it even worse.

Jumping out at 1 or 2 enemys is probably the best tactic, don't expect to be able to jump into a group of them, even with surprise on your side the low power, slow recycle of the shots, limited magazine and the difficulty of hitting even with the shotgun style spread will have you on the scrap heap in no time.

Dark trooper isn't ganked, I own people all the time with blaster cannon in close range. Just keep moving/dodging, and time your shots instead of blasting away; with 5 shots per reload you have to make them count. 2 shot kills (1 if headshot) is plenty stopping power IMO.

I also prefer the Dark Trooper jump jets to the Jet Trooper jetpack in most situations, sure it has a long recharge time but this just means you have to choose your jumps more carefully, plus it gets you where you want to go faster. All too easy to get sniped while cruising around with jetpack ;) .

I think he was perhaps referring to the fact that Kyle Katarn sabotaged all the Darktrooper production facilities and destroyed the working models before the Empire could put them into mass use against the Rebellion (the DT's only destroyed one small settlement or city IIRC).

Oh well, games have the liberty of some creative liscense. ; )

• 4 weeks later...

Why does everyone hate the darktrooper?! It's one of my favorite classes! The blaster cannon is awesome up close, and when you're far away, use the pistol, grenades, or the jet pack to get up close!

The darktrooper is most effective if you get up close, fire one shot with the blaster cannon, and then one shot with the pistol.

• 2 weeks later...

Even if the dark trooper doesn't kill that much, strategically he's the most useful because he can get to far off CPs faster. If theres a couple of guards he can deal with them easy enough with grenades and a couple of shots, and then capture a command post behind the lines. This is really useful if you only have 1 command post left and need to break out fast. I actually prefer him to the Jet Trooper, because his jump pack is so much faster- it takes a lot of luck to hit a flying dark trooper.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Archived