Home

Half Life 2 Packages Announced

Acrylic

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by snj

It's funny how half the people in here say they won't buy it, but a week later they'll end up making a thread about how good it is, and they'll tell everyone else to get it.

Nope. I said I wouldn't buy Doom 3 and I never have.

This one I'll play......when it reaches the $30 price range.

And FYI, much of that 96% is hype. Have them rate it after a month of release, and I bet you the score drops atleast 5-10%.

you guys were going gaga over this game a month ago, now all of you hate it, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS? :confused:

Originally posted by KBell

Nope. I said I wouldn't buy Doom 3 and I never have.

Yah me too, its not my kind of game, I didn't like the demo, and I hated the graphics (ALL OF THE ****ING LEVELS ARE PITCH BLACK!) Lame...

TiE

Many people failed to see my original point in this.

I, for one, fail to see the hype surrounding this game anymore. And yes, I'll gladly wait a year or so until I see it in the bargain bin. I just think there are other games that are more deserving of my 40-50 dollars.

So what, people get Driv3r for $50, and it sucks, so you refuse to buy a game for $50 because it took awhile to make? Just because Fable took awhile to develop and was super hyped doesn't mean its a bad game, infact.... it would be one of my five favorite video games of all time

TiE

Originally posted by TiE 23

So what, people get Driv3r for $50, and it sucks, so you refuse to buy a game for $50 because it took awhile to make? Just because Fable took awhile to develop and was super hyped doesn't mean its a bad game, infact.... it would be one of my five favorite video games of all time

TiE

I want to like Half-life 2, but I've learned from Doom 3 not to trust reviews.

Originally posted by Tyrion

I want to like Half-life 2, but I've learned from Doom 3 not to trust reviews.

well..... Doom 3 got like 89% in PC Gamer Magazine.... but.....

~~~~

PC Gamer US Score:

Half-Life 2:

Rating: 98 percent!

Pros - "Everything: Graphics, plot, gameplay. Its what experts have been predicting for this medium"

Lows - "Squadmates sometimes get in your way; low res textures in huge outdoor scenes"

"Valve has forged the framework for the next generation of games, demonstrating what our medium can and should be able to accompolish"

"An exhilarating entertainment that can emotionally move you one moment, kick ******* the next, and keep you immersed the whole time."Link (two stories down)

98 ****ING PERCENT!!! O_O

OMFG!!!

TiE

Originally posted by KBell

the hype will kill some of it.

half-life_2-7.jpg

vs.

doom3c.jpg

vs.

FarCry24.jpg

Which one looks the best prettiest?

What, are the demons much more fun to kill? Are the big fat terrorists in FC cooler?

Cool urban setting, 98%, almost looks like a ****ing Pixar movie! (don't forget the manipulator thing ;))

vs.

Lots of shadows, ugly baddies, 87%, looks like a bad horror movie.

vs.

on Gilligan's Island, lots of retarded baddies, looks like Gilligan's Island with guns and weird animals

TiE

You're saying a game that hasn't come out yet is better because, in your opinion, it has better eye candy?

Bet you're easily swayed by reviews :p

Originally posted by TiE 23

on Gilligan's Island, lots of retarded baddies, looks like Gilligan's Island with guns and weird animals

Which has SM 3.0 support and they try to take adavantage of both ATi and nVidia video cards. ;)

What about HL 2? I don't see any SM 3.0 anytime soon! :mad:

Besides, HL 2 isn't even out yet, while we got our chance to compared Doom 3 and Far Cry engines. I see a potential fanboy here if not already. :p

I have never played Half Life before, but I loved CS on Xbox, so I want a good game this time around, well- its now more like 2 games (don't forget they did a redo of HL 1) Soooo.... just because people have been looking forward to it doesn't mean its bad.....

I DARE YOU TO SAY THAT HALO 2 WILL BE BAD BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN ANTICIPATED.

bunch of stupid ****s :¬:

Fine, go and buy another FF game... jesus christ... bunch of stupid ****s

TiE

Archived