Home

Huge question!

raythemanf

Im trying to connect my network adapter to my ps2. Im at college using that connection from the wall. I put in the start up disc. It goes to dnas connection thing and then it just never does anything else.

Yes everything is connected and stuff. But I'm not sure what I have to do to get my ps2 connected through the adapter.

Can you explain in a little more detail? So you have all the cords connected and everything configured correctly? If everything is configured, do the test connection and if that doesnt work go back and change setting until it works. If thats not the case please explain a little more what the problem is.

ok well I'm at schoo. So I don't even know what the connection to the internet is. Could it be a firewall problem. HOw am i suppose to know what kind of connection to pick and what to do. Ive tried LAN and ISP automatic thing. And it gives a network timeout error after a long time. So its obviously not connecting. WHAT DO I DO?

Ok on your computer go into the Command Promt also called MS-DOS (You know, the black screen terminal thing) and type ipconfig /all

This will show all the network settings for that network you are on. Type all them in manually then test the connection. Make sure the ethernet cord is in the network adapter too.

type exactly what in manually. In the start up disc screen.

Also I go to run in my computer. And type that in. And a black screen comes up for a sec. Then it disappears. So theres gotta be another way into it. Hopefully u can help me :) Thanks vader.

my roomate found his ip. Typed that in. Now we get a 611 dnas error. but we might of not typed in the right stuff. And we could be behind a firewall at our school. And resnet is not open this weekend. So what the heck do i do.

Heres another way to obtain the information:

Go to Control Panel on your computer, then go to Network and Internet Connections, then click on Network Connections. Now, right click the first connection and go to Status. Then click on the tab that says Support. That is most of your connection information. In the startup disc, instead of setting it for an automatic connection, set to manual and it will ask for IP, subnet mask, DHCP servers and all that. Fill it all out and then test the connection.

Archived