Home

PC vs Console Opinon (not a console war)

{NJO} Pilo T

What do you think of Battlefront?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Battlefront?

• I have it on PC and it's great!
    • I have it on a console and it's great!
    • I have it on PC and I hate it
    • I have it on a console and I hate it
    • I have it on PC and I'm disappointed
    • I have it on a console and I'm disappointed
    • I have it on PC... best Star Wars game ever.
    • I have it on a console... best Star Wars game ever.

I've heard a lot of people say Battlefront is great, and I've heard a lot of people say Battlefront is bad, but I've also noticed more of the people that liked it were console gamers and more of the people that didn't were PCGamers. I haven't gotten the game yet, although I plan to get it very soon, and this will help put things in perspective.

Basically, which platform do you own it, and how good is it?

EDIT: Don't disable this thread/poll saying there are already Battlefront opinon threads, because the sole purpose of this one is to see which platform likes it in which way by how many people. I have alreadyseen how good was battlefront posts, but they were too generalized and no one ever specified which system, and I think there is a difference of opinon related to which platform it is being played.

You know..so far I have only played games on a PC but I am seriously considering an XBox. There is so much fiddling and farting about on a PC, updating/fixing this and setting that or tweaking the other. Am I being naieve in thinking there is alot less hassle with a games console ? I am very attracted by the idea of putting the game in and getting going quickly on a peice of hardware that is designed to do just one job !!

JMO

Originally posted by H0WARD

yea, it's definatly PCGamers that hate or just aren't satisfied with Battlefront... all the console gamers like it or love it. And, since I'm mostly a console gamer... :D

I got it for PC, and I have to say it's great. It's a port from the consoles, the graphics were MEANT to look like that, the only thing I could want are more AI and other options (Like droids fighting imps, ect) and possibly some PC controls for vehicles (Not console style)

Got it for PC, & I think it's pretty good. Not saying it couldn't be improved with a couple patches IE; MP FPS cap, server browser tweaks that displays pings in numbers not little bars, maybe a couple maps with higer/larger ceilings for flight, allowing admins to have a bit more control over their servers, etc. But all in all it's an enjoyable gaming experience.

I only game on my PS2, even though I just got a new pc. I leave that alone, since I bought it for my wife and if something happened to it because of a game, oh boy.

I think this is one of the most satisfying games I have ever played. Growing up with Star Wars, playing with the toys, to re-visit that with this game is great.

Thanks.

I have 2 awsome PC's one Vaio desktop 1 year old with ATI graphic card bla bla...with DVI output for my plasma tv, plus a brand new Vaio notebook also with ATI.

I bought it on XBox since I never use my computers for games, and all that about being comfortable in your living room with the console I could have done it too with the PC with the wireless keyboard and mouse (with no need to roll on a table)+plasma tv.

I do not know if the PC was the way to go or not...the only thing I can say is that this game rocks!!!

could it be better...yes

worse...yes

whatever

PC customers seem to be satisfied as well as XBox and PS2 for I have read, just play it in whatever fits your personal needs.

I got it for pc and personally i LOVE it... i like the combination of vehicles and infantry and the actual REALISTIC health, tho i wish objectives were better ( eg at hoth it don't matter if u destroy sheild gen or not) but i still enjoy gunning down people or sniping em:vadar: :lsduel:

ok, I rented it over the weekend, and I think this game is incredible. I don't see why so many people are so upset. The graphics are plenty good enough. The maps are not small at all, although they're not quite the size of Battlefield 1942. In fact, I think the slightly smaller size makes this game better than it would be with battlefield 1942. If you're not in a vehicle, you should not be condemned to spend the entire match making your way across the map once or twice as was in some of the BF1942 maps. Some said tatooine was far too small for star ships, but I guess those people just suck at flying or something because I have no trouble tearing it up and fighting enemy craft. The only problems I see (haven't played online...) is not enough maps, and the vehicles don't respawn quick enough. Some of the maps are a bit straight forward and not as open as BF1942 (Hoth) but there's still more than just rock paper siccsors strategy choosing, and it's still an awesome game. I'd give it a 10/12.

I voted for having it PC and loving it.

I'm a long time Battlefield 1942 and Tribes player, and was struggling whether I should spend my money on Tribes: Vengeance or on Battlefront.

Now I know Vengeance is awesome, but I played this one a bit at a cafe before buying it (also read the bad reviews) and it was just so much simple fun that I had to get it.

A lot of reviewers have said that the game is too simple (dumbed down for consoles) compared to far superior games like Tribes and Battlefield, but I think that's why I like it - it's different, so I don't mind playing it. I still want to play Battlefield and possibly pick up Vengeance in the future, so why would I want 3 identical games? This is just pure simple action, and it's great!

Tribes is/was awesome, but the mods are some of the first I've seen that actually RUIN a game. I hate all the mods made for any Tribes game save the UFO flying saucer and the Nuke. Everything else from the uberstrong multilaunched missles to the instagib instant shot laser thingies to the giant Mech armor that is, for some reason, not available for me, the mods just seem to be flashy ways to make the weapons incredibly inbalanced and takes all the cool strategy-based features away from Tribes. Actually, the duel mod is cool as well. I don't know where my Tribes 2 disc is though, so I'm deffinatly gonna get Tribes 3, but I will probably be stuck playing Single Player again... :(

Originally posted by H0WARD

Tribes is/was awesome, but the mods are some of the first I've seen that actually RUIN a game. I hate all the mods made for any Tribes game save the UFO flying saucer and the Nuke. Everything else from the uberstrong multilaunched missles to the instagib instant shot laser thingies to the giant Mech armor that is, for some reason, not available for me, the mods just seem to be flashy ways to make the weapons incredibly inbalanced and takes all the cool strategy-based features away from Tribes. Actually, the duel mod is cool as well. I don't know where my Tribes 2 disc is though, so I'm deffinatly gonna get Tribes 3, but I will probably be stuck playing Single Player again... :(

Wow, it's not often I find someone who agrees that the Tribes mods were terrible.

My T2 guild really enjoyed Renegades, but I just didn't see the joy in being able to strap a full-sized turret to your back so you could place it anywhere. Or the unlimited placement of forcefields.

Archived